- Indie game publisher announces Playdate, a console with a hand crank Wednesday 8:18 PM
- How to get The Sims 4 for free Wednesday 7:45 PM
- Trump’s Rose Garden podium sign is the perfect meme canvas Wednesday 7:34 PM
- Forest Whitaker to produce adaptation of novel ‘Hello, Universe’ for Netflix Wednesday 6:58 PM
- Baltimore still refuses to pay hackers who hit city with ransomware Wednesday 5:34 PM
- Net neutrality advocates slam ‘extremely troubling’ letter circulating among some House Dems Wednesday 4:52 PM
- Moms and grandmas are infiltrating TikTok Wednesday 4:35 PM
- Did Britain’s head Brexiter hide in a bus to avoid getting hit by a milkshake? Wednesday 4:26 PM
- This woman who thought she saw a handmaid about to jump from a building is very relieved Wednesday 4:18 PM
- Michael Avenatti allegedly defrauded Stormy Daniels to pay for a Ferrari Wednesday 3:53 PM
- HBO has no plans for an Arya Stark spinoff series Wednesday 3:28 PM
- Republicans and Democrats agree on dangers of facial recognition tech Wednesday 3:18 PM
- Amazon is using video games and ‘swag bucks’ to incentivize workers Wednesday 3:04 PM
- Here’s what’s coming and going on Netflix in June Wednesday 2:46 PM
- This Michael Jackson makeup meme is sweeping TikTok Wednesday 2:45 PM
BB-8 bows to Princes William and Harry at the ‘Star Wars: The Last Jedi’ premiere
When ‘Star Wars’ royalty and British royalty collide…
BB-8, the lovable and mischievous droid who became one of the breakout characters of Star Wars: The Force Awakens, knows how to make an entrance. But he also knows a thing or two about showing signs of respect, as a royal meeting at the premiere of Star Wars: The Last Jedi demonstrates.
The droid attended the European premiere of The Last Jedi in London on Tuesday, and although he didn’t ramp up his wardrobe for the special occasion he was accompanied by his own personal guard.
— Rebecca English (@RE_DailyMail) December 12, 2017
Also in attendance were Prince William and Prince Harry, who visited the set of The Last Jedi last year. Their charitable foundation is a benefit of the premiere, but they might have also been sneakily attending as cast members themselves; they’re rumored to have filmed a cameo while visiting the set.
And so it was destined that British royalty and Star Wars royalty were to cross paths. With BB-8 on British soil, he took the initiative to bow first.
— Kensington Palace (@KensingtonRoyal) December 12, 2017
— Rachel Paige (@rachmeetsworld) December 12, 2017
No word yet if the instant connection will lead to an invitation to Prince Harry’s upcoming nuptials.
Michelle Jaworski is a staff writer and the resident Game of Thrones expert at the Daily Dot. She covers entertainment, geek culture, and pop culture and has brought her knowledge to conventions like Con of Thrones. She is based in New Jersey.