- The internet is mocking Robert Mueller’s report deadline Friday 7:53 PM
- Instagram blocks some anti-vax hashtags—but still has far to go Friday 6:20 PM
- Study: Netflix released more originals than licensed titles last year Friday 2:26 PM
- Laura Ingraham, Dinesh D’Souza slam journalist for having a job Friday 1:40 PM
- Netflix is testing a cheap-as-hell mobile-only plan Friday 1:08 PM
- Astrology app Co-Star’s bizarre push notifications are now a meme Friday 12:18 PM
- ‘The Dirt’ offers a sanitized history of Mötley Crüe—but why? Friday 11:42 AM
- ‘The Dirt’ director Jeff Tremaine on Mötley Crüe’s long, difficult road to Netflix Friday 11:30 AM
- Here’s video of yet another alleged gunman looking for YouTuber Adam22 Friday 11:09 AM
- 12 mugs that are absolutely purr-fect for cat enthusiasts Friday 10:58 AM
- Jared Kushner used WhatsApp for official White House business Friday 10:50 AM
- Unsettled Tom memes are on the rise Friday 10:36 AM
- Trans student nominated for prom king told by administration to run for queen Friday 10:07 AM
- Trump turns on his favorite cable news network Friday 8:56 AM
- Skillshare is offering new users one month of premium for less than $1 Friday 8:34 AM
BB-8 bows to Princes William and Harry at the ‘Star Wars: The Last Jedi’ premiere
When ‘Star Wars’ royalty and British royalty collide…
BB-8, the lovable and mischievous droid who became one of the breakout characters of Star Wars: The Force Awakens, knows how to make an entrance. But he also knows a thing or two about showing signs of respect, as a royal meeting at the premiere of Star Wars: The Last Jedi demonstrates.
The droid attended the European premiere of The Last Jedi in London on Tuesday, and although he didn’t ramp up his wardrobe for the special occasion he was accompanied by his own personal guard.
— Rebecca English (@RE_DailyMail) December 12, 2017
Also in attendance were Prince William and Prince Harry, who visited the set of The Last Jedi last year. Their charitable foundation is a benefit of the premiere, but they might have also been sneakily attending as cast members themselves; they’re rumored to have filmed a cameo while visiting the set.
And so it was destined that British royalty and Star Wars royalty were to cross paths. With BB-8 on British soil, he took the initiative to bow first.
— Kensington Palace (@KensingtonRoyal) December 12, 2017
— Rachel Paige (@rachmeetsworld) December 12, 2017
No word yet if the instant connection will lead to an invitation to Prince Harry’s upcoming nuptials.
Michelle Jaworski is a staff writer and the resident Game of Thrones expert at the Daily Dot. She covers entertainment, geek culture, and pop culture and has brought her knowledge to conventions like Con of Thrones. She is based in New Jersey.