- How to stream Tottenham Hotspur vs. West Ham live Friday 6:30 PM
- The ‘Smooth Bernie’ conspiracy is false, but the memes are fire Friday 3:59 PM
- Trump says he wants to raise the vaping age to 21 Friday 3:07 PM
- ‘The Mandalorian’ comes to a crossroads in Chapter 3 Friday 1:11 PM
- Apple TV’s ‘Servant’ will make you scared of reborn dolls Friday 1:05 PM
- Lindsey Graham roasted for turning his back on a veteran Friday 12:52 PM
- Scooter Braun asks Taylor Swift for ‘resolution’ after allegedly getting death threats Friday 12:35 PM
- ‘Frozen 2’ plays it safe and lacks the magic of the original Friday 12:19 PM
- Graphic video shows police pinning man face-down in subway station Friday 12:18 PM
- Mini-documentary shows Trump supporters clashing at Denny’s Friday 11:52 AM
- Here’s why ‘Furry and Proud’ is trending on Twitter Friday 11:16 AM
- Sacha Baron Cohen calls tech giants the ‘greatest propaganda machine in history’ Friday 11:04 AM
- ‘Resistance Reborn’ is a must-read before ‘The Rise of Skywalker’ Friday 10:14 AM
- Stephen Miller should be fired, more than 100 lawmakers say Friday 9:56 AM
- YouTube star Bretman Rock goes off on fans who wanted selfies during his dad’s funeral Friday 9:14 AM
BB-8, the lovable and mischievous droid who became one of the breakout characters of Star Wars: The Force Awakens, knows how to make an entrance. But he also knows a thing or two about showing signs of respect, as a royal meeting at the premiere of Star Wars: The Last Jedi demonstrates.
The droid attended the European premiere of The Last Jedi in London on Tuesday, and although he didn’t ramp up his wardrobe for the special occasion he was accompanied by his own personal guard.
Also in attendance were Prince William and Prince Harry, who visited the set of The Last Jedi last year. Their charitable foundation is a benefit of the premiere, but they might have also been sneakily attending as cast members themselves; they’re rumored to have filmed a cameo while visiting the set.
And so it was destined that British royalty and Star Wars royalty were to cross paths. With BB-8 on British soil, he took the initiative to bow first.
No word yet if the instant connection will lead to an invitation to Prince Harry’s upcoming nuptials.
Michelle Jaworski is a staff writer and the resident Game of Thrones expert at the Daily Dot. She covers entertainment, geek culture, and pop culture and has brought her knowledge to conventions like Con of Thrones. She is based in New Jersey.