- Video of Blueface teaching Obama lookalike to dance is turning heads Wednesday 5:58 PM
- ‘No one has the range’ for this meme Wednesday 5:21 PM
- Mom confronts man who followed daughter through grocery store in viral video Wednesday 5:05 PM
- Major study linking vaping to heart attacks gets retracted Wednesday 4:36 PM
- George Zimmerman is suing Pete Buttigieg, Elizabeth Warren Wednesday 2:55 PM
- Netflix’s ‘Horse Girl’ accused of ripping off 2017 indie film Wednesday 2:52 PM
- The Genyus Network is a safe social space for stroke survivors Wednesday 2:20 PM
- MAGA hat-wearing dog finishes last in ‘Today Show’ fan vote—still named winner Wednesday 2:03 PM
- Reddit users share stories of the worst things guests have done in their homes Wednesday 1:25 PM
- WikiLeaks lawyer says Trump offered Assange a pardon—if he’d deny Russian hack Wednesday 1:16 PM
- 6-year-old placed in psychiatric facility for ‘trantrum’ is seen acting calm in body cam footage Wednesday 1:05 PM
- Amy Klobuchar devouring Ivanka Trump is the 2020 vore crossover no one wanted Wednesday 12:32 PM
- Review: Hulu’s ‘Devs’ is a brilliant work of near-future science fiction Wednesday 11:53 AM
- Rapper Pop Smoke dead at 20 Wednesday 11:42 AM
- KSI says he will back Team YouTube if Logan Paul fights Antonio Brown Wednesday 11:29 AM
BB-8, the lovable and mischievous droid who became one of the breakout characters of Star Wars: The Force Awakens, knows how to make an entrance. But he also knows a thing or two about showing signs of respect, as a royal meeting at the premiere of Star Wars: The Last Jedi demonstrates.
The droid attended the European premiere of The Last Jedi in London on Tuesday, and although he didn’t ramp up his wardrobe for the special occasion he was accompanied by his own personal guard.
Also in attendance were Prince William and Prince Harry, who visited the set of The Last Jedi last year. Their charitable foundation is a benefit of the premiere, but they might have also been sneakily attending as cast members themselves; they’re rumored to have filmed a cameo while visiting the set.
And so it was destined that British royalty and Star Wars royalty were to cross paths. With BB-8 on British soil, he took the initiative to bow first.
No word yet if the instant connection will lead to an invitation to Prince Harry’s upcoming nuptials.
Michelle Jaworski is a staff writer and the resident Game of Thrones expert at the Daily Dot. She covers entertainment, geek culture, and pop culture and has brought her knowledge to conventions like Con of Thrones. She is based in New Jersey.