- 2020 Democrats refuse to answer our questions about ‘Cats’ Friday 4:14 PM
- Belle Delphine’s Instagram account removed after mass reporting campaign Friday 4:08 PM
- Mariah Carey refuses old-age FaceApp challenge Friday 3:19 PM
- Journalists horrified by consolidation of Gatehouse, Gannett Friday 3:12 PM
- Facebook and Google could be tracking you on porn sites Friday 1:42 PM
- 7 best sites for psychic love readings Friday 1:20 PM
- Driver demonstrates why you always need to read road signs Friday 12:58 PM
- Area 51 remix video proves it’s the summer of Lil Nas X Friday 12:26 PM
- ‘ICE will come’: Convenience store clerk threatens customers speaking Spanish Friday 12:11 PM
- Rand Paul dodges questions about 9/11 Victims Fund, says ‘watch Fox News’ Friday 11:51 AM
- Report: ‘Stranger Things’ season 4 to begin shooting in October Friday 11:03 AM
- AT&T paid Michael Cohen to consult on net neutrality, FBI documents show Friday 9:10 AM
- Mysterio’s ruse changes on a second viewing of ‘Far From Home’ Friday 9:06 AM
- Twitter overturns Barrett Brown’s third permanent suspension Friday 8:49 AM
- How to live stream Liga MX Friday 7:56 AM
BB-8 bows to Princes William and Harry at the ‘Star Wars: The Last Jedi’ premiere
When ‘Star Wars’ royalty and British royalty collide…
BB-8, the lovable and mischievous droid who became one of the breakout characters of Star Wars: The Force Awakens, knows how to make an entrance. But he also knows a thing or two about showing signs of respect, as a royal meeting at the premiere of Star Wars: The Last Jedi demonstrates.
The droid attended the European premiere of The Last Jedi in London on Tuesday, and although he didn’t ramp up his wardrobe for the special occasion he was accompanied by his own personal guard.
Also in attendance were Prince William and Prince Harry, who visited the set of The Last Jedi last year. Their charitable foundation is a benefit of the premiere, but they might have also been sneakily attending as cast members themselves; they’re rumored to have filmed a cameo while visiting the set.
And so it was destined that British royalty and Star Wars royalty were to cross paths. With BB-8 on British soil, he took the initiative to bow first.
No word yet if the instant connection will lead to an invitation to Prince Harry’s upcoming nuptials.
Michelle Jaworski is a staff writer and the resident Game of Thrones expert at the Daily Dot. She covers entertainment, geek culture, and pop culture and has brought her knowledge to conventions like Con of Thrones. She is based in New Jersey.