- In documentary ‘Modern Whore,’ a former escort takes control of her own narrative Today 6:30 AM
- Cara Delevingne calls out Justin Bieber for ‘ranking’ wife Hailey’s friends Friday 9:07 PM
- Fans defend Jenna Marbles after some people claimed she mistreated her dogs in a recent video Friday 8:37 PM
- ‘Friends’ gets reunion special on HBO Max, fans go wild Friday 7:37 PM
- Why you should drop everything and start reading ‘Lore Olympus’ Friday 6:27 PM
- ‘Boogaloo’ memes are trying to organize a second civil war—and they’re spreading fast Friday 3:48 PM
- People are disturbed by these McDonald’s-scented candles Friday 3:47 PM
- Season 2 of ‘The Witcher’ is in production Friday 3:16 PM
- Here are some cringey billboards Bloomberg ran in Arizona Friday 2:51 PM
- PewDiePie returns to YouTube after 37-day hiatus Friday 2:01 PM
- Why was a Republican Party Facebook page co-managed by someone in Turkmenistan? Friday 1:26 PM
- The shorthand guide to ‘Star Wars: The Clone Wars’ Friday 1:07 PM
- Congress urges Tinder to screen for sex offenders Friday 1:03 PM
- Video shows 9-year-old threatening suicide after being bullied Friday 12:01 PM
- Ex-Goldman Sachs CEO says he might vote Trump because Sanders is too mean to him Friday 11:40 AM
Marvel’s Avengers pancakes team up on your breakfast plate
Batter and food coloring, assemble!
Superheroes are many things: powerful, conflicted, overwhelmingly white men. But now, one redditor has shown that they can also be quite delicious.
A Reddit user by the name gabe2003 shared several GIFs of superhero pancakes going from batter to final product, and they look as tasty as they do fearsome: A mild-mannered splotch of batter becomes the raging Hulk, while the Black Widow pancakes takes shape to assassinate your taste buds before you even know what hit you.
Then there’s Thor, the god of breakfast.
Sadly, fan favorite Loki was nowhere to be found.
According to a link on the album, all of these delicious creations come from Dan ‘Doctor Dan the Pancake Man’ Danke, who has made quite a name for himself in the breakfast arts. The good news is there’s no shortage of characters to use as inspiration. Could our breakfast tables soon feature a Howard the Duck pancake?
Update 12:04pm CT, May 26: This story has been updated to include the name of the breakfast artist. Also these are pancakes, not crepes.
Photo via Rebecca T Caro/Flickr (CC BY ND 2.0)
Mike Fenn is a former contributor to the Daily Dot whose beats included Reddit, YouTube, and all things WTF. His work has also appeared in Forbes and News.com.au.