- UPS facing backlash for thanking police after employee killed in shootout Saturday 5:02 PM
- Sanders campaign fires staffer after anti-Semitic, homophobic tweets surface Saturday 3:13 PM
- Brother Nature was attacked, says everyone just watched with phones out Saturday 2:45 PM
- Ryan Reynolds’ gin company hires Peloton wife for ad Saturday 1:24 PM
- Ex-vegan YouTuber accused of fraud after following meat-only diet Saturday 1:11 PM
- The 15 best Disney+ hidden gems and deep cuts Saturday 12:23 PM
- Everyone in GoFundMe scam involving homeless veteran has now pleaded guilty Saturday 12:06 PM
- Boy invites kindergarten class to his adoption–and people are emotional Saturday 11:56 AM
- Reddit links leaked trade deal documents to Russian campaign Saturday 10:44 AM
- How to stream Alistair Overeem vs. Jairzinho Rozenstruik Saturday 8:30 AM
- Amazon sends customers condoms and soap instead of Nintendo Switch Saturday 8:28 AM
- How to live stream Jermall Charlo vs. Dennis Hogan Saturday 8:00 AM
- Apple TV’s ‘Truth Be Told’ is a criminally dull drama Saturday 6:00 AM
- Thousands of Uber users have reported sexual assaults, company says Friday 5:40 PM
- ‘Astronomy Club’ reformats the sketch show Friday 4:58 PM
Marvel’s Avengers pancakes team up on your breakfast plate
Batter and food coloring, assemble!
Superheroes are many things: powerful, conflicted, overwhelmingly white men. But now, one redditor has shown that they can also be quite delicious.
A Reddit user by the name gabe2003 shared several GIFs of superhero pancakes going from batter to final product, and they look as tasty as they do fearsome: A mild-mannered splotch of batter becomes the raging Hulk, while the Black Widow pancakes takes shape to assassinate your taste buds before you even know what hit you.
Then there’s Thor, the god of breakfast.
Sadly, fan favorite Loki was nowhere to be found.
According to a link on the album, all of these delicious creations come from Dan ‘Doctor Dan the Pancake Man’ Danke, who has made quite a name for himself in the breakfast arts. The good news is there’s no shortage of characters to use as inspiration. Could our breakfast tables soon feature a Howard the Duck pancake?
Update 12:04pm CT, May 26: This story has been updated to include the name of the breakfast artist. Also these are pancakes, not crepes.
Photo via Rebecca T Caro/Flickr (CC BY ND 2.0)
Mike Fenn is a former contributor to the Daily Dot whose beats included Reddit, YouTube, and all things WTF. His work has also appeared in Forbes and News.com.au.