- Fortnite streamer Tfue sues gaming organization FaZe Clan over contract dispute Today 12:28 AM
- Report finds some users can’t opt out of Facebook’s face recognition Monday 7:27 PM
- Get emotional over this real-life pastor baptizing an anime girl in virtual reality Monday 6:53 PM
- Twitter wants to know what Jack in the Box did to offend Kim Kardashian Monday 6:38 PM
- ‘Game of Thrones’ meme claims King’s Landing is an ‘inside job’ Monday 6:06 PM
- Report: Personal data of 49 million Instagram influencers exposed online Monday 4:57 PM
- ‘Stranger Things’ season 3 trailer teases a wet, hot American summer Monday 4:02 PM
- What Daenerys’ biggest ‘Game of Thrones’ scenes have in common with Nazi propaganda Monday 3:12 PM
- Here’s what’s coming to Amazon Prime in June Monday 2:11 PM
- Where did Jon Snow go? Unpacking the ‘Game of Thrones’ ending Monday 2:04 PM
- So, did anyone actually win ‘Game of Thrones’? Monday 1:29 PM
- The surprising religious subtext of ‘John Wick: Chapter 3’ Monday 12:53 PM
- Robin Arryn got hot—and the internet is seriously shook Monday 12:40 PM
- Tana Mongeau is going to VidCon a year after TanaCon disaster Monday 12:12 PM
- What have 2020 Democrats said about Alabama’s abortion ban? Monday 11:36 AM
What’s up with Hawkeye’s tattoo in the new ‘Avengers: Endgame’ trailer?
Some serious midlife crisis vibes over here.
Tickets just went on sale for Avengers: Endgame, so Disney released a brand new trailer Tuesday morning. It’s obviously light on meaningful details about the movie, but it does include some brand new footage including the Avengers in space with the Guardians of the Galaxy, and Captain America and Tony Stark making amends after their Civil War split.
Oh, and Hawkeye has a very ostentatious new tattoo.
Not to make light of Hawkeye’s very real (fictional) trauma, but his Endgame makeover is pretty funny. Earlier trailers introduced his carefully styled new mohawk haircut, and now he’s unveiled a massive full-sleeve tattoo. We assume this is his way of expressing grief over Thanos’ finger-snap and (probably) the death of some family members, but it’s also… very white-guy-midlife-crisis.
Depicting what appears to be a samurai skull, the tattoo is a reference to Hawkeye’s alias Ronin, a loosely samurai inspired identity that he (and other heroes) adopts when working as a lone vigilante.
- Spanish voice actor for Rocket Raccoon accidentally reveals major ‘Avengers: Endgame’ spoiler
- New ‘Avengers: Endgame’ posters reveal the fates of several Marvel characters
- You can get paid $1,000 to binge-watch the first 20 Marvel movies
Want more reviews and interviews from Gavia Baker-Whitelaw? Sign up here to receive her biweekly geek culture newsletter.
Gavia Baker-Whitelaw is a staff writer at the Daily Dot, covering geek culture and fandom. Specializing in sci-fi movies and superheroes, she also appears as a film and TV critic on BBC radio. Elsewhere, she co-hosts the pop culture podcast Overinvested. Follow her on Twitter: @Hello_Tailor