- InfoWars accidentally sent child porn to lawyers representing Sandy Hook parents 3 Months Ago
- Sticker warns men changing diapers about ‘feminization of the American male’ 3 Months Ago
- The genius way Genius caught Google allegedly stealing lyrics Today 3:03 PM
- This bubble tea challenge is a balancing act Today 2:15 PM
- Laura Dern gifts the internet with more ‘Big Little Lies’ memes Today 1:54 PM
- The Stonks meme is back—and it’s weirder than ever Today 1:27 PM
- Video shows officer threatening to shoot pregnant Black woman in front of her children Today 1:12 PM
- Netflix’s ‘Leila’ tells a familiar dystopian horror story Today 12:37 PM
- O.J. Simpson says in Twitter video that he never slept with Kris Jenner Today 12:06 PM
- GOP commissioner jokes on Facebook about running over Trump protesters Today 11:52 AM
- 2 trans women killed within 3 months in the same neighborhood Today 11:35 AM
- DNC tries to pander with tone-deaf Beyoncé meme, fails miserably Today 10:45 AM
- Parkland grad says Harvard rescinded offer after racist comments surfaced Today 10:10 AM
- ‘The Edge of Democracy’ chronicles the downfall of Brazil’s political leaders Today 9:42 AM
- Suzanne Collins is writing a ‘Hunger Games’ prequel Today 9:31 AM
What’s up with Hawkeye’s tattoo in the new ‘Avengers: Endgame’ trailer?
Some serious midlife crisis vibes over here.
Tickets just went on sale for Avengers: Endgame, so Disney released a brand new trailer Tuesday morning. It’s obviously light on meaningful details about the movie, but it does include some brand new footage including the Avengers in space with the Guardians of the Galaxy, and Captain America and Tony Stark making amends after their Civil War split.
Oh, and Hawkeye has a very ostentatious new tattoo.
Not to make light of Hawkeye’s very real (fictional) trauma, but his Endgame makeover is pretty funny. Earlier trailers introduced his carefully styled new mohawk haircut, and now he’s unveiled a massive full-sleeve tattoo. We assume this is his way of expressing grief over Thanos’ finger-snap and (probably) the death of some family members, but it’s also… very white-guy-midlife-crisis.
Depicting what appears to be a samurai skull, the tattoo is a reference to Hawkeye’s alias Ronin, a loosely samurai inspired identity that he (and other heroes) adopts when working as a lone vigilante.
- Spanish voice actor for Rocket Raccoon accidentally reveals major ‘Avengers: Endgame’ spoiler
- New ‘Avengers: Endgame’ posters reveal the fates of several Marvel characters
- You can get paid $1,000 to binge-watch the first 20 Marvel movies
Want more reviews and interviews from Gavia Baker-Whitelaw? Sign up here to receive her biweekly geek culture newsletter.
Gavia Baker-Whitelaw is a staff writer at the Daily Dot, covering geek culture and fandom. Specializing in sci-fi movies and superheroes, she also appears as a film and TV critic on BBC radio. Elsewhere, she co-hosts the pop culture podcast Overinvested. Follow her on Twitter: @Hello_Tailor