- ‘The Dark Crystal: Age of Resistance’ dazzles with a timely tale 5 Months Ago
- The DOJ emailed a white nationalist blog post to immigration judges 5 Months Ago
- The Amazon rainforest is on fire–and people are using memes to cope Today 4:11 PM
- Microsoft contractors listened in on Xbox users Today 2:15 PM
- Anti-vaxxer assaults pro-vaccine lawmaker on Facebook Live (updated) Today 2:15 PM
- Oreos licked by singer Lewis Capaldi are being auctioned off on eBay Today 1:54 PM
- Zach Braff predicted Sean Spicer would be on ‘Dancing With the Stars’ 2 years ago Today 1:38 PM
- NYPD sergeant who watched Eric Garner die punished with lost vacation days Today 1:27 PM
- Brie Larson haters have a meltdown over a joke about Thor’s hammer Today 1:26 PM
- This comedian attempted to make fun of women on Twitter—and it did not go over well Today 1:04 PM
- Logan Paul wants to help the Amazon rainforest Today 12:36 PM
- Nutaku announces redesign and filters for LGBTQ porn games Today 12:25 PM
- This video of dozens of inflatable mattresses taking off in the wind is perfect Today 12:20 PM
- Reddit mods restore Tiananmen Square image after censorship claims Today 12:18 PM
- Billie Eilish parody takes dad jokes to a whole new level Today 11:52 AM
Tickets just went on sale for Avengers: Endgame, so Disney released a brand new trailer Tuesday morning. It’s obviously light on meaningful details about the movie, but it does include some brand new footage including the Avengers in space with the Guardians of the Galaxy, and Captain America and Tony Stark making amends after their Civil War split.
Oh, and Hawkeye has a very ostentatious new tattoo.
Not to make light of Hawkeye’s very real (fictional) trauma, but his Endgame makeover is pretty funny. Earlier trailers introduced his carefully styled new mohawk haircut, and now he’s unveiled a massive full-sleeve tattoo. We assume this is his way of expressing grief over Thanos’ finger-snap and (probably) the death of some family members, but it’s also… very white-guy-midlife-crisis.
Depicting what appears to be a samurai skull, the tattoo is a reference to Hawkeye’s alias Ronin, a loosely samurai inspired identity that he (and other heroes) adopts when working as a lone vigilante.
- Spanish voice actor for Rocket Raccoon accidentally reveals major ‘Avengers: Endgame’ spoiler
- New ‘Avengers: Endgame’ posters reveal the fates of several Marvel characters
- You can get paid $1,000 to binge-watch the first 20 Marvel movies
Want more reviews and interviews from Gavia Baker-Whitelaw? Sign up here to receive her biweekly geek culture newsletter.
Gavia Baker-Whitelaw is a staff writer at the Daily Dot, covering geek culture and fandom. Specializing in sci-fi movies and superheroes, she also appears as a film and TV critic on BBC radio. Elsewhere, she co-hosts the pop culture podcast Overinvested. Follow her on Twitter: @Hello_Tailor