- Lucasfilm announces new franchise of ‘Star Wars’ tie-in books and comics 3 Years Ago
- YouTube yanks revenue from controversial star who faked his girlfriend’s death 3 Years Ago
- Facebook can ignore misleading political ads. This Democrat wants to change that 3 Years Ago
- How to watch tonight’s South Carolina 2020 Democratic presidential debate Today 8:41 AM
- What exactly is ‘too adult’ for Disney+? Today 7:02 AM
- How tall is Michael Bloomberg? Today 6:30 AM
- The ’24 hours to respond’ meme holds celebrities to a higher standard Monday 8:46 PM
- Twitter users miss the kids who walked in on their dad’s interview Monday 8:40 PM
- ‘The Thing About Men’ Twitter hashtag is full of sarcasm and misogyny Monday 7:27 PM
- This woman said Hillary Clinton losing the 2016 election gave her PTSD, and people are furious Monday 6:45 PM
- Vanessa Bryant files a lawsuit against helicopter company after deaths of Kobe and Gianna Monday 5:49 PM
- Michael Jordan cries at Kobe Bryant memorial, jokes about creating a new meme Monday 4:43 PM
- Woman’s boyfriend says it’s him or the frogs—Reddit says choose the frogs Monday 4:22 PM
- Greyhound buses will no longer allow Border Patrol checks Monday 4:04 PM
- ‘Eat Them To Defeat Them’ is oddly about vegetables—not about eating the rich Monday 3:26 PM
What are the best songs to make love to? Anything from Barry White works (if you can hold in the laughter). Marvin Gaye is a classic, and those who are more attuned to today’s music can get down to the Weeknd. Some people even dig Olivia Newton-John. But if you’re a Star Wars fan—and if you happen to be Australian— there’s only one band that’s going to put you in the mood.
And it’s the Star Wars Cantina band.
Apparently, it’s not even a particularly close contest.
“But for those who want to get right down to business,” Spotify said, via Gizmodo, “‘Cantina Band’ from the Star Wars: A New Hope Soundtrack, by John Williams, takes out the No. 1 spot on the top sexy time playlists, by a landslide.”
Really it kind of makes sense when you read how the Star Wars Wiki characterizes this style of music. It writes that it’s “an upbeat, swinging genre of music, most notably performed by Figrin D’an and the Modal Nodes and the Max Rebo Band.” Sounds spicy, but not necessarily sexy, right? But then we learned the name of the music, and it all made sense. The name of the music styling (and we’re absolutely not making this up)? Jizz.
Josh Katzowitz is a staff writer at the Daily Dot specializing in YouTube and boxing. His work has appeared in the New York Times, Wall Street Journal, Washington Post, and Los Angeles Times. A longtime sports writer, he's covered the NFL for CBSSports.com and boxing for Forbes. His work has been noted twice in the Best American Sports Writing book series.