- Mastodon is crumbling—and many blame its creator 2 Years Ago
- ‘Star Trek: Discovery’ hints at Spock’s new role in the season 2 premiere 2 Years Ago
- How to watch ‘Rachel Maddow’ online for free 2 Years Ago
- Guy who wants to fund the border wall has privately raised $7 million Thursday 8:41 PM
- Mortal Kombat 11 trailer delights fans with gory fatalities, new characters Thursday 5:46 PM
- What you need to know about the data breach involving 773 email addresses Thursday 5:13 PM
- Senators fear government shutdown may affect FTC investigation of Facebook Thursday 3:43 PM
- Buy beer for a furloughed government worker with this new website Thursday 3:19 PM
- Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez is teaching Congress how to tweet Thursday 2:42 PM
- Congressmen held genetics meeting with Chuck Johnson, despite his past racist claims about genetics Thursday 2:26 PM
- Female bodyguard thriller ‘Close’ is disappointingly un-thrilling Thursday 2:01 PM
- Twitter faces backlash for insensitive ‘triggers’ joke Thursday 1:13 PM
- 10 user-recommended sites for live tarot readings that are almost too good to be true Thursday 12:08 PM
- AsapSCIENCE comes for Jake Paul over Mystery Brand scam Thursday 11:34 AM
- Why ‘I never thought of it like that’ can actually be deeply offensive Thursday 11:26 AM
Australia just can’t stop having sex to the ‘Star Wars’ Cantina band
What are the best songs to make love to? Anything from Barry White works (if you can hold in the laughter). Marvin Gaye is a classic, and those who are more attuned to today’s music can get down to the Weeknd. Some people even dig Olivia Newton-John. But if you’re a Star Wars fan—and if you happen to be Australian— there’s only one band that’s going to put you in the mood.
And it’s the Star Wars Cantina band.
Apparently, it’s not even a particularly close contest.
“But for those who want to get right down to business,” Spotify said, via Gizmodo, “‘Cantina Band’ from the Star Wars: A New Hope Soundtrack, by John Williams, takes out the No. 1 spot on the top sexy time playlists, by a landslide.”
Really it kind of makes sense when you read how the Star Wars Wiki characterizes this style of music. It writes that it’s “an upbeat, swinging genre of music, most notably performed by Figrin D’an and the Modal Nodes and the Max Rebo Band.” Sounds spicy, but not necessarily sexy, right? But then we learned the name of the music, and it all made sense. The name of the music styling (and we’re absolutely not making this up)? Jizz.
Josh Katzowitz is the Weekend Editor for the Daily Dot and covers the world of YouTube. His work has appeared in the New York Times, Wall Street Journal, Washington Post, and Los Angeles Times. He’s also a longtime sports writer, covering the NFL for CBSSports.com and boxing for Forbes. His work has been noted twice in the Best American Sports Writing book series.