- Muslim girls are making fun of Islamophobia in viral TikTok videos Thursday 8:34 PM
- Kendall Jenner’s ‘cruel’ dog collar sparks online debate Thursday 8:04 PM
- All ‘The Witcher’ content you can gobble up once you finish the Netflix series Thursday 7:47 PM
- Tinder adding a ‘panic button’ for when dates go awry Thursday 6:14 PM
- Webcam footage of ‘Bigfoot’ shared by state government agency Thursday 5:47 PM
- Video shows that James Corden doesn’t drive Carpool Karaoke car—and fans feel betrayed Thursday 5:06 PM
- Video shows Julianne Hough screaming, writhing during physical therapy demo Thursday 4:47 PM
- Halsey accidentally called for another 9/11 Thursday 4:01 PM
- Lizzo’s Rolling Stone shoot criticized for cultural appropriation Thursday 3:19 PM
- Bloomberg’s broadband platform is 5 years behind his rivals Thursday 3:03 PM
- Hulu’s ‘Endlings’ is a smart sci-fi show for kids—and adults Thursday 1:42 PM
- Netflix’s ‘Pandemic’ drops right when we need to be worried most Thursday 1:20 PM
- TikTok signs licensing agreement with Merlin Thursday 12:19 PM
- Anime film ‘NiNoKuni’ falls apart with flimsy plotting Thursday 11:57 AM
- Cop who called for boycott of Beyoncé’s Super Bowl performance now says he’s Black Thursday 11:12 AM
6.7GB patch required to fix Assassin’s Creed Unity bugs
The latest patch for Assassin’s Creed Unity is massive.
We’re all used to postgame patches, but seldom are they ever this big.
Patch 4 for PC should be live later this week.
Ubisoft updated its Assassin’s Creed blog to detail why the size of the patch is so large.
Part of the team’s effort to enhance frame rate for players involves replacing and updating portions of the Paris city map where we are seeing issues. This explains the large size of this title update (6.7 GB). However, since a large portion of the patch replaces existing files the net increase to the game’s overall size will be less than 6.7 GB.
It’s becoming painfully obvious that Assassin’s Creed Unity needed a bit more time to incubate before its November launch. The game has been plagued with various glitches and problems. It’s been part of a growing trend of developers trying to release a game on time hoping to fix any issues via a day one patch.
It has caused quite the ire amongst gamers, so much so that many are decrying the need to pre-order games. There was also a slew of content planned for Assassin’s Creed Unity. But due to all the issues, Ubisoft has cancelled its season pass.
A season pass for video games is when users can get a discount on downloadable content packs by pre-purchasing it all in a bundle. For those that had already purchased the season pass, Ubisoft will be offering a free game as compensation by Christmas. The Dead King’s DLC pack will also be free for all owners of Assassin’s Creed Unity.
Hopefully future Ubisoft games won’t run into as many issues.
Imad Khan is a gaming and esports reporter. His work has been featured on Digital Trends and ESPN.