- A few of our favorite things on Newegg are on sale for Black Friday 12 Months Ago
- Disney adds ‘Bob’s Burgers’ movie back to release schedule after accidentally yanking it 12 Months Ago
- Ocasio-Cortez launches petition demanding Stephen Miller’s resignation Today 1:24 PM
- Prince Andrew’s defense against child sex crimes stokes conspiracy theory flames Today 1:20 PM
- More people may be looking to cancel Disney+ than Netflix Today 1:09 PM
- Monday Night Football: How to stream Chiefs vs. Chargers live Today 1:00 PM
- After days of deadly protests, Iran implements ‘largest internet shutdown ever’ Today 12:55 PM
- ‘Disney Plus and thrust’ is apparently the new Netflix and Chill Today 12:32 PM
- Woman fired, sued after coworker shared their sexts Today 12:22 PM
- Group running GoFundMe for border wall breaks ground without permits Today 11:47 AM
- Biden says he won’t support federal legalization of marijuana Today 11:42 AM
- People can’t get enough of ‘Baby Yoda’ Today 11:41 AM
- ‘The Crown’ season 3 switches its cast but loses none of its intrigue Today 11:23 AM
- Protesters occupying Hong Kong university post last wishes to Twitter as police move in Today 11:19 AM
- Sara Lee navigates dirty Instagram comments after ‘SNL’ sketch Today 11:18 AM
Amazon Prime members get early access to Aquaman screenings
Here’s how to see ‘Aquaman’ a week before everyone else.
The upcoming DC Comics adaptation comes out on Dec. 21, but some cinemas are offering preview screenings on Dec. 15.
Tickets are available through Atom Tickets, although they’re only on offer for 7pm screenings on Dec. 15, so mark your calendars now. Amazon Prime members can order up to 10 tickets each, so if you’re not completely onboard with paying money to Amazon, maybe you can just find a friend who already does.
This is a limited release compared to the main release on Dec. 21. About 1000 theaters are participating, including AMC, Regal, National Amusement Theaters and ArcLight cinemas.
The Amazon Prime deal only includes cinema chains in the U.S., but overseas viewers don’t necessarily need to feel cheated out of seeing this movie early. Aquaman actually comes out in China on Dec. 7 and throughout Europe, Australia and the U.K. on Dec. 13 and 14, meaning that by international standards, the U.S. is actually late. Consider this your official warning to start blocking spoilers on social media at least a week before Aquaman‘s main U.S. release date.
H/T to The Verge
Gavia Baker-Whitelaw is a staff writer at the Daily Dot, covering geek culture and fandom. Specializing in sci-fi movies and superheroes, she also appears as a film and TV critic on BBC radio. Elsewhere, she co-hosts the pop culture podcast Overinvested. Follow her on Twitter: @Hello_Tailor