- What exactly is ‘too adult’ for Disney+? 1 Year Ago
- How tall is Michael Bloomberg? 1 Year Ago
- The ’24 hours to respond’ meme holds celebrities to a higher standard Monday 8:46 PM
- Twitter users miss the kids who walked in on their dad’s interview Monday 8:40 PM
- ‘The Thing About Men’ Twitter hashtag is full of sarcasm and misogyny Monday 7:27 PM
- This woman said Hillary Clinton losing the 2016 election gave her PTSD, and people are furious Monday 6:45 PM
- Vanessa Bryant files a lawsuit against helicopter company after deaths of Kobe and Gianna Monday 5:49 PM
- Michael Jordan cries at Kobe Bryant memorial, jokes about creating a new meme Monday 4:43 PM
- Woman’s boyfriend says it’s him or the frogs—Reddit says choose the frogs Monday 4:22 PM
- Greyhound buses will no longer allow Border Patrol checks Monday 4:04 PM
- ‘Eat Them To Defeat Them’ is oddly about vegetables—not about eating the rich Monday 3:26 PM
- Marco Rubio mocked for filming talking while driving socialism critique Monday 2:54 PM
- QAnon believer asks Trump’s campaign press secretary who Q is Monday 2:36 PM
- Octavia Spencer has discovered ‘Ma’ memes—and she can’t get enough Monday 2:09 PM
- Meet the anti-Greta Thunberg, a climate ‘skeptic’ funded by the oil industry Monday 1:12 PM
Amazon Prime members get early access to Aquaman screenings
Here’s how to see ‘Aquaman’ a week before everyone else.
The upcoming DC Comics adaptation comes out on Dec. 21, but some cinemas are offering preview screenings on Dec. 15.
Tickets are available through Atom Tickets, although they’re only on offer for 7pm screenings on Dec. 15, so mark your calendars now. Amazon Prime members can order up to 10 tickets each, so if you’re not completely onboard with paying money to Amazon, maybe you can just find a friend who already does.
This is a limited release compared to the main release on Dec. 21. About 1000 theaters are participating, including AMC, Regal, National Amusement Theaters and ArcLight cinemas.
The Amazon Prime deal only includes cinema chains in the U.S., but overseas viewers don’t necessarily need to feel cheated out of seeing this movie early. Aquaman actually comes out in China on Dec. 7 and throughout Europe, Australia and the U.K. on Dec. 13 and 14, meaning that by international standards, the U.S. is actually late. Consider this your official warning to start blocking spoilers on social media at least a week before Aquaman‘s main U.S. release date.
H/T to The Verge
Gavia Baker-Whitelaw is a staff writer at the Daily Dot, covering geek culture and fandom. Specializing in sci-fi movies and superheroes, she also appears as a film and TV critic on BBC radio. Elsewhere, she co-hosts the pop culture podcast Overinvested. Follow her on Twitter: @Hello_Tailor