- Cara Delevingne calls out Justin Bieber for ‘ranking’ wife Hailey’s friends Friday 9:07 PM
- Fans defend Jenna Marbles after some people claimed she mistreated her dogs in a recent video Friday 8:37 PM
- ‘Friends’ gets reunion special on HBO Max, fans go wild Friday 7:37 PM
- Why you should drop everything and start reading ‘Lore Olympus’ Friday 6:27 PM
- ‘Boogaloo’ memes are trying to organize a second civil war—and they’re spreading fast Friday 3:48 PM
- People are disturbed by these McDonald’s-scented candles Friday 3:47 PM
- Season 2 of ‘The Witcher’ is in production Friday 3:16 PM
- Here are some cringey billboards Bloomberg ran in Arizona Friday 2:51 PM
- PewDiePie returns to YouTube after 37-day hiatus Friday 2:01 PM
- Why was a Republican Party Facebook page co-managed by someone in Turkmenistan? Friday 1:26 PM
- The shorthand guide to ‘Star Wars: The Clone Wars’ Friday 1:07 PM
- Congress urges Tinder to screen for sex offenders Friday 1:03 PM
- Video shows 9-year-old threatening suicide after being bullied Friday 12:01 PM
- Ex-Goldman Sachs CEO says he might vote Trump because Sanders is too mean to him Friday 11:40 AM
- Twitch streamer says she was banned for body painting Friday 11:39 AM
This aluminum NES console is a pricy dream come true
You’ll be dipping deep into your piggy bank for this one.
If you’re sick of the current Xbox One versus Playstation 4 debate and long for the “good old days” of console gaming, then have we got a system for you. Meet the Analogue Nt, a beautiful aluminum NES game console that will make any retro gamers’ heart stop.
Analogue Interactive crafted the Nintendo console out of a single, solid block of aluminum and designed it around the heart of the original NES. According to the website, “The Ricoh 20A3 and Ricoh 2C02—[are] the identical CPU and PPU used in the original. Unlike the knock off and emulation systems that riddle the market today, the Analogue Nt is the only NES on the market that is built with original hardware. This means you’ll be experiencing the NES with the hardware it was designed to be played with. Free of any compromises.”
As a result it can support all NES and Famicom cartridges, so anyone who has missed playing their classic games can get the full experience with this console. There’s also the added benefit of the option to see the games on today’s high-definition TVs with the console’s HDMI adapter port. Of course anyone who wants to purchase their own Analogue Nt better get ready to dive into their savings. The console costs a hefty $499 and if you want it in a color other than classic silver it will cost you an additional $49. That HDMI adapter and other cables are sold separately as well, as are the controllers. A brand-new NES controller will cost $49, while refurbished NES and Famicom controllers cost $29.
The Analogue Nt is currently available for pre-order and is expected to ship this summer.
H/T CNET | Photos via Analogue Interactive
Lisa Granshaw reports on pop culture and geek fashion and is the founder of GeekFold. You can find her work on Syfy, Boing Boing, and Geek and Sundry.