- Former developer at software company deletes his code to protest its ties to ICE Saturday 4:21 PM
- A mysterious website is doxing Hong Kong protesters and journalists Saturday 1:44 PM
- The best ‘Skyrim’ followers and how to get them Saturday 1:26 PM
- Why Joel Osteen gets cyberbullied every time Houston floods Saturday 12:40 PM
- How to stream Jets vs. Patriots in Week 3 Saturday 12:39 PM
- 10 indie dating simulator games you should be playing Saturday 12:31 PM
- How to stream Packers vs. Broncos in Week 3 Saturday 12:14 PM
- Saudi crown prince’s former adviser suspended from Twitter Saturday 11:57 AM
- How to stream Cowboys vs. Dolphins in Week 3 Saturday 11:57 AM
- YouTuber to pay restitution after a teen fan died copying her video Saturday 10:36 AM
- Antonio Brown sent ‘intimidating’ texts to an accuser, including a pic of her children Saturday 9:38 AM
- Facebook suspended tens of thousands of apps after Cambridge Analytica scandal Saturday 8:24 AM
- How to stream Browns vs. Rams on Sunday Night Football Saturday 6:00 AM
- How to watch ‘NFL Primetime’ on ESPN+ Saturday 5:00 AM
- How to stream Liverpool vs. Chelsea Friday 6:45 PM
With Disney taking months and months to find a lead actor for the live-action Aladdin movie, Twitter ridiculed the length of time it took to find a Middle Eastern or Indian actor who could play the role.
But now that the Hollywood Reporter has reported that Marwan Kenzari is in negotiations to play Jafar, the internet is on board with the decision. In fact, Twitter so approves of the casting that people are more than willing to root for the villain of the film.
Why? Because he’s super handsome, of course.
RT IF YOU'RE HERE FOR HOT JAFAR pic.twitter.com/TrG2DFBmVd— Sam Stryker (@sbstryker) August 4, 2017
Well it looks like I be rooting for Jafar in the live action Aladdin. pic.twitter.com/8VPVMXtGfM— Matthew Ray (@mattysmalls) August 5, 2017
Who cares about Aladdin when you can be sexy evil with Jafar https://t.co/VTJHPzZJrF— Casey Quinlan (@thatcaseyquin) August 5, 2017
Call me old-fashioned, but I don't Jafar is supposed to give you happy vagina feelings.— april lavalle (@imatoofbrush) August 5, 2017
jasmine's gonna be like "lmao die in an hourglass for all i care" pic.twitter.com/hW7bgbvwHQ— alexis nedd (@alexisthenedd) August 4, 2017
jasmine's dad: marry jafar— sassy (@sassyatlaw) August 5, 2017
jasmine: yassss i do
movie over https://t.co/UI9XF3ZI1E
Thanks to Hot Jafar™ the new Aladdin will include a scene where Aladdin passive aggressively accuses Jasmine of enjoying being Jafar's slave— Shalyah Evans (@ShalyahEvans) August 5, 2017
"... it just seems like you could have made that kiss a little LESS convincing..." pic.twitter.com/KBAQIzYV3o— Shalyah Evans (@ShalyahEvans) August 5, 2017
Poor Mena Massoud. He’s the one tasked with playing Aladdin in the film, and now, he’s got basically the whole world rooting against him to lose Jasmine to the sexiest villain of all.
Josh Katzowitz is a staff writer at the Daily Dot specializing in YouTube and boxing. His work has appeared in the New York Times, Wall Street Journal, Washington Post, and Los Angeles Times. A longtime sports writer, he's covered the NFL for CBSSports.com and boxing for Forbes. His work has been noted twice in the Best American Sports Writing book series.