- Ocasio-Cortez helps Donkey Kong Twitch streamer raise money for trans rights Today 8:09 AM
- ‘Soni’ is a smart crime drama with poignant observations on inequality Today 7:00 AM
- How to watch ‘Arrow’ online for free Today 7:00 AM
- How a Barron Trump time traveling conspiracy keeps going viral Today 6:30 AM
- Swipe This! Will I be happier if I quit social media? Today 6:30 AM
- Free DVR makes Hulu with Live TV an even sweeter deal Today 6:00 AM
- How to watch ‘Black Lightning’ online for free Today 5:30 AM
- This ‘scientist’ learned what women find attractive by A/B testing his beard on Tinder Today 5:00 AM
- Laura Ingraham mocks Rep. Ilhan Omar’s accent in audio clip Sunday 5:46 PM
- #ExposeChristianSchools goes viral after Karen Pence and Covington Catholic School uproars Sunday 4:37 PM
- People have started laundering money on Fortnite Sunday 3:03 PM
- Cardi B claps back at Tomi Lahren’s sarcastic tweet Sunday 1:25 PM
- Twitter may have exposed Android users’ private tweets Sunday 12:13 PM
- Leave Me Alurn is the ‘SNL’ product we wish existed in real life Sunday 10:06 AM
- How to watch ‘Charmed’ online for free Sunday 9:00 AM
Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. is ready to fight another day.
ABC and Marvel announced Monday that the long-running Marvel Cinematic Universe series has been renewed for a sixth season with 13 episodes. It’s unclear when the show is coming back next season, but with last week’s expected cancellation of Inhumans, it remains ABC’s only Marvel show on the air.
Little else is known about Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.’s renewal, but more information is likely to be revealed during ABC’s Upfront presentation on May 15.
— Agents of SHIELD (@AgentsofSHIELD) May 14, 2018
Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. has had a passionate fan base since its debut in 2013, but with declining ratings over the years, viewers have worried that its cancellation would be inevitable. The renewal for season 5 was seen as a surprise by some fans after reports emerged last year that ABC’s parent company Disney made the network keep the show.
While the influence of the greater MCU has waned over the years—one of the series’ biggest impacts was the reveal that roughly half of the agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. were secretly HYDRA agents—the current season is reeling it back in. With the season coming to a close, the threat of Thanos loomed large as viewers learned that Thanos was in the midst of attacking Earth and would soon enact his big plan.
The season 5 finale of Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. airs Friday at 9pm ET.
Michelle Jaworski is a staff writer and the resident Game of Thrones expert at the Daily Dot. She covers entertainment, geek culture, and pop culture and has brought her knowledge to conventions like Con of Thrones. She is based in New Jersey.