- Bella Thorne comes out as pansexual 3 Years Ago
- Macy’s pulls portion-control plates after social media uproar 3 Years Ago
- John Oliver confirms the internet’s suspicions about that ‘Lion King’ cast photo Today 2:14 PM
- Report: Fake Libra accounts rampant on Facebook, Instagram Today 2:10 PM
- Tennessee neighbors form human chain to help father and son escape ICE Today 1:57 PM
- Google settled two multi-million dollar lawsuits this week Today 1:26 PM
- How to live stream Guadalajara vs. Atletico Madrid Today 12:47 PM
- Forget Area 51—People are planning to storm the Bermuda Triangle Today 12:41 PM
- It’s too late to book a room for the Area 51 raid Today 12:28 PM
- Adam Sandler’s next Netflix film is a star-studded Halloween comedy Today 12:17 PM
- How to live stream Arsenal vs. Real Madrid Today 12:06 PM
- Netflix’s ‘7SEEDS’ is an abominable adaptation of the original manga Today 11:59 AM
- Alinity Divine hasn’t been punished for throwing her cat—and people are livid Today 10:16 AM
- Gamer Krucial B passes away during Defend the North tournament Today 9:25 AM
- Brexit supporter Boris Johnson becomes prime minister—spawning lots of memes Today 9:16 AM
Hayley Atwell would do ‘whatever it takes’ to bring ‘Agent Carter’ back
This is bound to be encouraging to disappointed fans of the series.
Given the show’s low ratings and Hayley Atwell’s new show Conviction receiving a series order, Agent Carter’s cancellation seemed inevitable—although Atwell said she would still do Agent Carter if both were picked up. But fans didn’t want to say goodbye just yet, and they launched a petition to get Netflix, which has a working relationship with Marvel, to pick up the show for a third season.
An Agent Carter resurrection was still on some fans’ minds at MegaCon, where they asked Atwell whether she’d be part of a Netflix revival.
Netflix: “YES 100%. I love Peggy. I love the people working on this project. A privilege and an honor to bring her back to the fans.”
— Aurelie (@agent_aurelie) May 28, 2016
This doesn’t mean Netflix is likely to swoop in and save Agent Carter, but interest on the part of its titular lead is always a good start. As for how Atwell would even shoot Agent Carter while working on Conviction? Her inner Peggy shone through in here answer.
Atwell isn’t the only actor who has pledged to return to Agent Carter if it is saved. Dominic Cooper, who currently stars on Preacher, told fans at MCM London Comic Con that he’s up for returning to Marvel properties like Agent Carter or a flashback in Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D., and he mentioned how much their fans’ support meant to Atwell and James D’Arcy (Edwin Jarvis).
“I’m well up for doing more Howard Stark and I know they’re up for doing more of their characters, so fingers crossed,” he said.
Michelle Jaworski is a staff writer and the resident Game of Thrones expert at the Daily Dot. She covers entertainment, geek culture, and pop culture and has brought her knowledge to conventions like Con of Thrones. She is based in New Jersey.