- ‘American Dirt’ controversy inspires meme about Latinx stereotypes in literature Wednesday 9:02 PM
- What is the TikTok ‘flex challenge’? Wednesday 8:03 PM
- GoFundMe to send ‘Target Tori’ on vacation raises more than $30K Wednesday 6:54 PM
- Furries stop domestic assault in viral video Wednesday 6:10 PM
- Gritty under police investigation for allegedly punching a teen fan Wednesday 6:04 PM
- Twitter users throw animal parties with emoji in new meme Wednesday 5:21 PM
- Woman who went viral supporting Soleimani killing exposed as Libyan militia lobbyist Wednesday 5:01 PM
- Jeff Bezos subtweets Saudi prince following phone hack report Wednesday 3:29 PM
- ‘Yeah, good. OK’ Bernie Sanders meme is a new way to dismiss people Wednesday 3:10 PM
- ‘Vanderpump Rules’ recap: Petty displays of affection Wednesday 2:12 PM
- Makeup artist transforms into Timothée Chalamet on TikTok Wednesday 1:54 PM
- Iguanas are falling from trees—and people are selling them online for food Wednesday 1:02 PM
- 75,000 sign petition to fire Wendy Williams after ‘cleft lip’ comment about Joaquin Phoenix Wednesday 12:30 PM
- Kim Kardashian says Kylie Jenner’s setting spray is ‘cheap sh*t’ Wednesday 11:59 AM
- Trump continues to demand Apple unlock iPhones for the government Wednesday 11:46 AM
‘Agents’ dubsmash war has an adorable new recruit
In the battle of the agents, the Labradoodle wins.
Stars from the two shows have joined up to raise money for charity through the non-profit crowdfunding site Crowdrise. Starting in September, the cast of Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. will be asking fans to vote for their entries in the Dubsmash war to raise money for St. Jude’s Children’s Research Hospital. Agents of Carter fans will be voting to raise money for Stomp Out Bullying.
If we were distracted during their promo video for the campaign, however, you can’t blame us. James D’Arcy has apparently kidnapped Chloe Bennet’s adorable Labradoodle, Arthur, and is holding him captive for #TeamCarter during the wars.
So how about it? Which team will you vote for? Keep in mind that the losing team will have to do a special dubsmash dance chosen and choreographed by the winning team.
Voting will take place over three rounds, in which we can all expect to see more of the casts’ epic dubsmash antics. Random winners from among the voters will win a chance to have dinner with all the stars from both shows.
It’s too bad there’s no option for #TeamArthur. We have a feeling he’d beat all of Marvel’s finest agents with ease.
Screengrab via Crowdrise/YouTube
Aja Romano is a geek culture reporter and fandom expert. Their reporting at the Daily Dot covered everything from Harry Potter and anime to Tumblr and Gamergate. Romano joined Vox as a staff reporter in 2016.