- Twitch streamer’s mom, roommate get into brawl during live broadcast Thursday 8:41 PM
- Top NFL draft pick Nick Bosa scrubs racist, homophobic social media activity Thursday 8:18 PM
- Jared Kushner’s ‘comprehensive immigration plan’ is just 2 bullet points Thursday 8:16 PM
- ‘Lil Billie Xanish’ is the deepfake mashup of Billie Eilish and Lil Xan Thursday 5:10 PM
- Gossip account the Shade Room to launch 3 original series on Instagram Thursday 4:46 PM
- Biden says he asked Obama not to endorse him—but people aren’t buying it Thursday 3:17 PM
- Marvel makes more money than Harry Potter and Star Wars combined Thursday 3:13 PM
- ‘Avengers: Endgame’: Obituaries for the fallen heroes Thursday 2:51 PM
- T-Mobile, Verizon admit most Americans won’t see fast 5G Thursday 1:52 PM
- PlayStation Vue is offering a sweet streaming deal for a limited time Thursday 1:42 PM
- Twitter reportedly worried banning white nationalists would also flag some Republicans Thursday 1:31 PM
- Lawyer of cop in viral assault case calls the crime a ‘Facebook misdemeanor’ Thursday 12:33 PM
- Biden’s ‘all men’-focused announcement gets roasted Thursday 11:49 AM
- Skillshare is offering new users one month of premium for free Thursday 10:44 AM
- Report: Facebook is punishing Black people for talking about racism (updated) Thursday 10:15 AM
The trailer is getting an early release.
A week before Marvel was to debut the first official trailer for the Avengers sequel, Age of Ultron, MovieWeb has leaked the trailer online.
It’s a full-length trailer, clocking in at two minutes and 12 seconds of awesomeness. James Spader’s voiceover narration as Ultron fills us with excitement and anticipation. On a sliding scale of James Spader-induced excitement between Boston Legal James Spader and Secretary James Spader, this is a at least a Blacklist.
The gang’s all here, and everyone looks increasingly harried and war-weary, which lends itself to the theory that the Marvel Cinematic Universe is gearing up to adapt the famous Civil War arc from the comics for the silver screen. We aren’t prepared for that tearjerker. We also weren’t prepared for the terrifying creepy rendition of “I’ve Got No Strings” in the trailer. Like Pinocchio wasn’t creepy enough.
Still, though, this looks awesome. We can’t wait.
Update 8:34pm CT, Oct. 22: Looks like Marvel decided to pull the trigger after the leak. Here’s the official trailer.
Photo via tales2astonish/Flickr (CC BY-SA 2.0)
Aja Romano is a geek culture reporter and fandom expert. Their reporting at the Daily Dot covered everything from Harry Potter and anime to Tumblr and Gamergate. Romano joined Vox as a staff reporter in 2016.