- Instagram and Facebook are reportedly blocking queer ads Friday 8:58 PM
- Review: Tyler Perry’s ‘A Fall From Grace’ is both nonsensical and utterly predictable Friday 6:48 PM
- Is Hulu censoring the Iran episode of Anthony Bourdain’s ‘Parts Unknown’? Friday 6:05 PM
- Trump admin celebrates Michelle Obama’s birthday by proposing rollback of her signature initiative Friday 4:01 PM
- TSA apologizes after agent grabs indigenous woman’s braids, says ‘giddyup’ Friday 3:28 PM
- Blue Bell ice cream licker pleads guilty Friday 2:54 PM
- 7 fortune-telling sites for when you’re bored Friday 2:21 PM
- Governor bans sex puns on free condom wrappers Friday 2:16 PM
- Is Justin Bieber’s ‘Yummy’ video secretly about Pizzagate? Friday 1:01 PM
- Woah Vicky rips out her hair in botched cultural appropriation attempt Friday 12:30 PM
- Here’s an exclusive look at ‘Weathering With You’ Friday 11:57 AM
- TikTok dudes are dipping their balls in soy sauce for ‘science’ Friday 11:49 AM
- Pete Buttigieg’s denial of fixing bread prices becomes its own meme Friday 11:10 AM
- Houston Astros get torched with buzzer memes after new revelation Friday 10:41 AM
- Teens are eating cereal out of each other’s mouths for clout Friday 10:34 AM
Warning: The following article on adult games on Steam contains NSFW content.
Who said you have to watch porn? Try playing it. Steam is one of the best avenues for picking up 18+ video games now that Valve has relaxed its rules on adult content. These days, everything from kinky visual novels to open-world furry porn is available on Steam, and all it takes is a few changes in your Steam account’s search settings to browse through porn to your heart’s content.
For newcomers interested in adding adult content to their Steam account, we highly recommend checking out the Adult Only Games curator, which lists every single 18+ game allowed on the platform. (Fun fact: As of March 2019, there are over 250 adult games on Steam.) As for the best of the best, here are our picks, broken down by category.
The best adult games on Steam
Best queer adult video game: Ladykiller in a Bind
Before Steam allowed adult video games on its platform, there was Christine Love’s hit visual novel Ladykiller in a Bind. Developed by Love’s studio Love Conquers All Games, Ladykiller amazed queer women everywhere when it launched in 2016, in part because of its unique dialogue mechanic, realistic handle on consent, and its ridiculously sexy BDSM scenes.
Ladykiller in a Bind follows an 18-year-old queer top codenamed “the Beast,” who takes her twin brother’s place on a class cruise out into the ocean. By day, the Beast tries to blend in with her brother’s classmates. At night, she spends her time with either the Beast or the Stalker, two other queer women who either bottom or top for her. The former’s route in particular features extensive bondage scenes with a beautiful, domineering, yet loving domme, and there’s plenty of other girls to hook up with throughout the game. From long, passionate kisses to blindfolds and spanks, Ladykiller in a Bind is in a league of its own, one that’s still leaving queer players begging for more.
- The best BDSM porn sites on the internet
- The steamiest sites to get your BDSM stories
- The 10 best porn sites for queer women
Best yaoi visual novel: Chasing the Stars
Ah, yaoi. Who could pass up on it? Not us. And as far as boys’ love goes, Chasing the Stars is easily a top pick.
Ertal Games’ steampunk adult visual novel follows Tirs Abril, a queer college student interested in working with noted Professor Marc Rossell to help humanity colonize the planet Alaya. As the game goes on, Tirs finds himself steeped into a world filled with gay men to meet. In particular, Chasing the Stars features three love interests, two threesomes, plenty of erotic scenes, and the option to top or bottom during sex within the game.
Chasing the Stars is over 100,000 words and features plenty of beautiful artwork to experience. This game isn’t just porn; it’s erotica with complex story arcs, characters, and power dynamics to explore, making it a real treat for yaoi fans into cute boys dressed in Victorian-esque garb.
Best furry adult video game: Hunt and Snare
Furries, scalies, and every anthropomorphic fan in between, we know you’re out there and looking for porn on Steam. And as far as anthro characters go, Hunt and Snare delivers, especially if you’re looking for an immersive role-playing experience where you can explore your naughtiest kinks to your heart’s content.
In Hunt and Snare, players create their own anthropomorphic character and partake in an open-world sex romp through the land of Skiir. Players can customize their character to their hearts’ content, then proceed to hunt other anthro animals, have sex with them, explore new worlds, or fight against others. Meanwhile, for players that just want to create their very own fursona and have plenty of straight and queer sex, the game’s Showroom lets players create their own characters and make plenty of furry love.
Hunt and Snare is in Early Access for now, with features still heavily under development. However, interested furries can check out the game’s Patreon page, which provides a roadmap for release and rewards for backers.
Most realistic adult video game: Dominatrix Simulator: Threshold
Don’t expect to play as a domme in Dominatrix Simulator. No, you’re bottoming, and there’s a ton of fun to be had.
Dominatrix Simulator: Threshold serves as a free introductory teaser to the upcoming game Dominatrix Simulator, which is a self-described “kinky and immersive BDSM submissions experience” that’s “wrapped within an intriguing storyline.” In Threshold, players pick their gender and interact with their domme, posing and nodding along with her commands. While short, it’s an incredibly realistic experience that captures what it’s like to serve a powerful, domineering woman. Pretty hot, no?
In the full game, players will be able to serve as an obedient sub or a bratty bottom with interactive dialogue options. The game plans to serve as an introduction to BDSM and an educational one at that, focusing beyond “a simple masturbatory experience” but rather hitting “the sweet spot between entertaining, titillating, and educational.” For more information, check out creator Deviant Tech’s development blog and Patreon.
- NSFW Reddit: The best porn subreddits
- Reddit NSFW list: Every good porn subreddit
- Reddit Gone Wild: The hottest GoneWild subreddits
- The 10 best and most ethical Reddit porn communities
Best Virtual Reality Adult Video Game
Some adult video games are kinky. Others are short and sweet erotica. VR Kanojo, on the other hand, may be one of the most immersive adult games ever created. You’ll need a VR headset to play, but it’s well worth the investment for such an incredibly lifelike sexual experience.
In VR Kanojo, players spend time interacting with Sakura Yuuhi in her bedroom. Users can customize Sakura’s outfits, watch her study for school, and interact with her in day-to-day life. Of course, the game mostly lets players have sex with Sakura in some shape or form, from groping her to receiving a blow job to having vaginal sex. There’s plenty of foreplay too, including making out and showering together. Each of these scenes takes place in first-person through the player’s VR headset, and because Sakura behaves so realistically, it’s easy to get lost in the moment and believe you’re really next to your girlfriend during a lazy weekend.
- VR porn: A beginner’s guide
- Here are the best gay VR porn sites
- The best VR porn apps for Android and iOS
- How to watch VR porn: A guide for every budget
“VR Kanojo gives you what you want: full-blown sex, slightly pixelated but still realistic,” Kate Gray writes for Kotaku. “But it gives you more than that: it gives you a feeling of intimacy.”
Clearly, that can’t be beaten.
Ana Valens is a reporter specializing in online queer communities, marginalized identities, and adult content creation. She is Daily Dot's Trans/Sex columnist. Her work has appeared at Vice, Vox, Truthout, Bitch Media, Kill Screen, Rolling Stone, and the Toast. She lives in Brooklyn, New York, and spends her free time developing queer adult games.