- The trailer for the final episodes of ‘Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt’ is here Today 1:52 AM
- Guy gets roasted for throwing razor in the toilet to protest Gillette Wednesday 9:23 PM
- Experts warn of uptick in ‘Ryuk’ ransomware after hackers net $3.7 million Wednesday 7:03 PM
- Video game composer boycotts Gillette after anti-toxic masculinity ad Wednesday 6:05 PM
- Steve Carell sitcom ‘Space Force’ heading to Netflix Wednesday 5:30 PM
- Ocasio-Cortez’s ‘run train’ phrase becomes conservative sex controversy Wednesday 5:25 PM
- ‘Into’ is a reminder that queer businesses can be hurt by straight leaders Wednesday 5:13 PM
- TSA agents are the latest tool in the government shutdown meme war Wednesday 4:22 PM
- YouTube still hosting bestiality images year after crackdown pledge Wednesday 4:13 PM
- YouTuber quits fight after Darth Vader fan film claimed by Disney Wednesday 3:26 PM
- Millions of Fortnite accounts exposed via Epic Games website exploit Wednesday 2:26 PM
- A man found a camera in his Airbnb and the company didn’t seem to care Wednesday 2:00 PM
- A redditor planted an Easter egg in Hulu’s Fyre Fest doc Wednesday 1:51 PM
- This new revelation about Woody from ‘Toy Story’ will blow your mind Wednesday 1:35 PM
- Dave Rubin fails to delete Patreon on livestream to delete Patreon Wednesday 1:14 PM
Adam Driver’s Kylo Ren skit on ‘SNL’ was the perfect ‘Star Wars’ parody
Adam Driver’s ‘Undercover Boss’ sketch is the best thing SNL has done in months.
The Star Wars actor wasn’t one of those hosts who half-asses their way through the night, forgetting lines and cracking up during live sketches. Instead, his SNL appearance reminded us that he’s a brilliant comedy actor as well as being terrifying as Kylo Ren.
The main highlight was the inevitable Star Wars sketch, which riffed off the reality show Undercover Boss. It saw Kylo Ren go undercover as a radar technician on Starkiller Base, scoping out what his employees really thought of his management style.
SNL can be patchy, but this sketch absolutely measured up to our other favorite Kylo Ren parody, the Emo Kylo Ren Twitter account.
Next up was Porn Doctor, where a “normal” patient accidentally ends up at the fake doctor’s clinic from a gay porn movie. Adam Driver’s stilted acting and clunky sex puns were perfect.
Since we’re entering peak of awards season, SNL also included a Golden Globes sketch. Driver and Vanessa Bayer played a pair of actors who are super hyped to win Globes while their children (Kyle Mooney and Kate McKinnon) wait sadly for them to come home. Sorry, kids. Awards are way more exciting than you are.
Screengrab via Saturday Night Live—/YouTube
Gavia Baker-Whitelaw is a staff writer at the Daily Dot, covering geek culture and fandom. Specializing in sci-fi movies and superheroes, she also appears as a film and TV critic on BBC radio. Elsewhere, she co-hosts the pop culture podcast Overinvested.