- Lyft received a whopping 7 sexual assault lawsuits in a day Wednesday 10:00 PM
- High school reopens investigation into Nazi salute video after other racist videos emerge Wednesday 7:14 PM
- Facebook content moderators continue to suffer from brutal working conditions Wednesday 5:58 PM
- #RIPReese: Man bullied for relationship with trans woman dies by suicide Wednesday 4:46 PM
- Redaction error reveals ICE is paying Palantir $49 million Wednesday 4:25 PM
- People are using social media to raise awareness about the Amazon fires Wednesday 4:24 PM
- How to watch ‘Detective Pikachu’ right now Wednesday 3:56 PM
- Walmart is suing Tesla over fires at stores with solar panels Wednesday 3:44 PM
- Jeremy Renner asks nicely for Sony to let Spider-Man back in the MCU Wednesday 2:51 PM
- The best and safest torrenting sites you should be using in 2019 Wednesday 2:47 PM
- ‘Beyoncé’s Assistant for a Day’ creator is releasing more games on storytelling app Yarn Wednesday 1:54 PM
- Why does everyone keep falling for that Instagram and Facebook hoax? Wednesday 1:46 PM
- A bunch of celebrities fell for that viral Instagram hoax Wednesday 1:17 PM
- Former Die Antwoord crew member says video shows ‘homophobic attack’ Wednesday 1:13 PM
- How to stream all the MLS Rivalry Week matches Wednesday 1:13 PM
If today has been unkind to you (spilled coffee, ran late, terrible review at work), we have a question for you that may rewind the day back to the beginning and erase all that came before it: How would feel if you got to meet 100 Totoros?
You’re smiling already, right? Thanks to Australian animator CL Terry, you can meet dozens of them right now. They are a part of a project she’s working on to create 100 GIFs at the rate of one per day. Here are a few of the ones she made that plastered our faces with sappy smiles.
Not all 100 of the GIFs in Terry’s art project will be dedicated to Totoro, but the most recent batch is all devoted to the popular Japanese forest spirit. Many of them have a touch of Terry’s sense of the whimsical as well.
Terry also has a predilection for cats. She’s drawn breadcats, cats in boxes, cats in glasses, and cats eating pizza, and throws in the occasional fandom piece for variety, such as her GIF of Eleven from Stranger Things.
She still has a few GIFs left to go before hitting her goal of 100. If you’d like to follow the project and keep up with her future art as well, you can do so right here.
Colette Bennett is a writer and editor who specializes in web culture, skincare, and geek everything. Her work has appeared on CNN, HLN, Engadget, Kotaku, Colourlovers, and Continue Magazine. She's also represented CNN as a speaker for its Leadership Unplugged program.