- How to stream Packers vs. Lions on Monday Night Football Sunday 7:15 PM
- College students burned author’s books after she spoke about white privilege Sunday 6:28 PM
- Texas police officer fatally shoots Black woman in her own home Sunday 3:44 PM
- Milo Yiannopoulos’ website dangerous.com was sold Sunday 1:42 PM
- First YouTube comment to hit 1 million likes is on Billie Eilish’s ‘bad guy’ music video Sunday 12:36 PM
- Girl says she was fired over exposing how Panera makes its mac and cheese on TikTok Sunday 11:34 AM
- David Harbour teased fans about Hopper’s ‘Stranger Things’ fate on ‘SNL’ Sunday 10:24 AM
- Kacey Musgraves accused of cultural appropriation–and botching it Sunday 9:19 AM
- Rihanna defends Vogue writer who received backlash for ‘winging’ interview Sunday 8:36 AM
- Here are the best PC games to add to your list Sunday 8:20 AM
- How to stream ‘Power’ season 6, episode 8 Sunday 6:00 AM
- How to stream Steelers vs. Chargers on Sunday Night Football Saturday 7:20 PM
- Popular TikTok teens accused of pretending to be gay for clout Saturday 6:38 PM
- Scott Walker’s ‘$26 haircut’ dig at Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez backfires Saturday 4:46 PM
- Halle synagogue shooter allegedly posted manifesto on anime message board Saturday 4:06 PM
If today has been unkind to you (spilled coffee, ran late, terrible review at work), we have a question for you that may rewind the day back to the beginning and erase all that came before it: How would feel if you got to meet 100 Totoros?
You’re smiling already, right? Thanks to Australian animator CL Terry, you can meet dozens of them right now. They are a part of a project she’s working on to create 100 GIFs at the rate of one per day. Here are a few of the ones she made that plastered our faces with sappy smiles.
Not all 100 of the GIFs in Terry’s art project will be dedicated to Totoro, but the most recent batch is all devoted to the popular Japanese forest spirit. Many of them have a touch of Terry’s sense of the whimsical as well.
Terry also has a predilection for cats. She’s drawn breadcats, cats in boxes, cats in glasses, and cats eating pizza, and throws in the occasional fandom piece for variety, such as her GIF of Eleven from Stranger Things.
She still has a few GIFs left to go before hitting her goal of 100. If you’d like to follow the project and keep up with her future art as well, you can do so right here.
Colette Bennett is a writer/editor who specializes in web culture, skincare, and all things geek. Her work has appeared on CNN, HLN, Engadget, Kotaku, Colourlovers, and Continue Magazine. She also writes horror and sci-fi fiction for Corona Books and is at work on her second novel.