- Twitter suspends Iranian state media outlets for harassing members of a religious minority 3 Years Ago
- Pro-MAGA pageant queen stripped of title over ‘offensive’ tweets Today 11:52 AM
- Marvel unveiled its Phase 4 plans at San Diego Comic-Con Today 9:16 AM
- How a queer Instagram is helping fight the opioid epidemic in Appalachia Today 6:30 AM
- Philadelphia to fire 13 officers for racist, violent Facebook posts Saturday 6:12 PM
- Nick Offerman is so down to play every single role in ‘Cats’ Saturday 4:27 PM
- Woman documents how airport staff broke her wheelchair Saturday 3:04 PM
- Funeral home allegedly posted photos of woman’s dead body on social media Saturday 1:56 PM
- Alinity Divine is being investigated after throwing her cat during stream (updated) Saturday 12:04 PM
- ‘Comedians In Cars Getting Coffee’ returns with Seinfeld making a racist joke about China Saturday 10:26 AM
- YouTubers Eugenia Cooney and Shane Dawson make a joint comeback Saturday 9:06 AM
- The crushing effects of Trump’s abortion ‘gag rule’ on healthcare Saturday 8:00 AM
- How to live stream Pacquiao vs. Thurman Saturday 6:20 AM
- Review: Hulu with Live TV ensures you always have something to watch Saturday 6:00 AM
- How to live stream UFC on ESPN 4: Rafael dos Anjos vs. Leon Edwards Saturday 5:49 AM
It’s impossible to be sad while you look at these totoros.
If today has been unkind to you (spilled coffee, ran late, terrible review at work), we have a question for you that may rewind the day back to the beginning and erase all that came before it: How would feel if you got to meet 100 Totoros?
You’re smiling already, right? Thanks to Australian animator CL Terry, you can meet dozens of them right now. They are a part of a project she’s working on to create 100 GIFs at the rate of one per day. Here are a few of the ones she made that plastered our faces with sappy smiles.
Not all 100 of the GIFs in Terry’s art project will be dedicated to Totoro, but the most recent batch is all devoted to the popular Japanese forest spirit. Many of them have a touch of Terry’s sense of the whimsical as well.
Terry also has a predilection for cats. She’s drawn breadcats, cats in boxes, cats in glasses, and cats eating pizza, and throws in the occasional fandom piece for variety, such as her GIF of Eleven from Stranger Things.
She still has a few GIFs left to go before hitting her goal of 100. If you’d like to follow the project and keep up with her future art as well, you can do so right here.
Colette Bennett is a writer and editor who specializes in geek culture, beauty products, and Amazon deals. Her work has appeared on CNN, HLN, Engadget, Kotaku, Colourlovers, and Continue Magazine. She's also given talks on working in news for CNN's Leadership Unplugged program. Bennett also runs popular Korean beauty blog Chok Chok Beauty and regularly slathers her face in snail slime.