- Mike Pence says a triple crown winning racehorse bit him 5 Years Ago
- Disney CEO Bob Iger leaves Apple board amid streaming wars Today 12:01 PM
- Influencer Destiny Marquez faces backlash for berating Forever 21 employee Today 10:32 AM
- Chelsea Handler tackles system racism in ‘Hello Privilege. It’s Me, Chelsea’ Today 9:18 AM
- Gun control proposal: Trump, lawmakers considering background check-conducting app Today 9:05 AM
- How to stream Browns vs. Jets on Monday Night Football Today 7:00 AM
- What are anons? Today 6:30 AM
- How to stream Eagles vs. Falcons on Sunday Night Football Today 6:00 AM
- How to stream ‘Power’ season 6, episode 4 Today 5:00 AM
- How to stream WWE’s Clash of Champions 2019 Saturday 8:00 PM
- How ‘F*ck off Scotland’ became a Scottish rallying cry amid Brexit madness Saturday 6:28 PM
- A Missouri officer resigned after his Islamophobic Facebook posts surfaced Saturday 5:08 PM
- Adding ‘Triggered’ to stock photos of white men creates Netflix comedy special thumbnails Saturday 3:10 PM
- New restaurant in New York has a seriously unfortunate name: ‘Qanoon’ Saturday 1:38 PM
- These are the 10 best ‘Star Wars’ ships Saturday 12:41 PM
Video allegedly shot aboard United Airlines Flight 1074 shows a man being held down by others, repeating an apology. Someone else tells him, “We’re gonna get you off this plane, buddy.”
The person who shot the video wrote on Reddit that the man had rushed the cockpit, yelling, “Jihad! Jihad!”
The redditor posted this photo of the alleged attacker being subdued.
The flight, which was headed to Denver, was forced to return to Dulles International Airport in Washington, D.C., after what the airline is officially calling a disturbance on the plane.
United Flight 1074 left Dulles Monday night. The incident occurred around 8:40pm local time, approximately an hour after taking off.
Another passenger on the Boeing 737 told NBC News that the man claimed he had a bomb, but other passengers tackled him.
None of the 33 passengers and six crew members on Flight 1074 was injured. They were put on another flight to Denver around 1am ET and landed in Denver without any further complications.
United said in a statement, “A passenger failed to comply with crew instructions. Local law enforcement officials met the aircraft at the gate and detained the passenger. We will accommodate the remaining customers to Denver on Tuesday morning.”
When asked about other passenger accounts, United referred the media to the previous statement it made.
The passenger was taken off the plane once it landed at Dulles, where he was then taken to a hospital. Police have yet to charge the passenger.
This story is ongoing. We’ll add updates as they come in.
Michelle Jaworski is a staff writer and the resident Game of Thrones expert at the Daily Dot. She covers entertainment, geek culture, and pop culture and has brought her knowledge to conventions like Con of Thrones. She is based in New Jersey.