- People have much love for the all-women moderator panel at the presidential debate Wednesday 10:03 PM
- Kamala Harris: Trump ‘got punked’ by North Korea Wednesday 9:53 PM
- Biden on domestic violence: We need to keep ‘punching’ Wednesday 9:47 PM
- Amy Klobuchar says she raised $17,000 from ex-boyfriends Wednesday 9:16 PM
- Trump’s campaign is a fan of Tulsi Gabbard’s attack on the Democratic party Wednesday 9:07 PM
- 50 Cent makes Instagram return with transphobic meme Wednesday 8:34 PM
- Lyft driver attacks female passenger after she refused to turn off music Wednesday 7:30 PM
- J.J. Watt posted his phone number online, wants fans to text him Wednesday 6:22 PM
- How a normal redditor becomes a conspiracy theorist Wednesday 5:48 PM
- ‘Bikram’ is not a great film, but it is a document of justice Wednesday 5:43 PM
- Congress is concerned Amazon isn’t safeguarding Ring videos Wednesday 5:40 PM
- Twitter urged to suspend Tory Party Twitter account after it ‘misled’ the public Wednesday 4:56 PM
- This former stripper has the best Humans of New York story of all time Wednesday 4:47 PM
- How to watch tonight’s 2020 Democratic debate Wednesday 4:21 PM
- ‘Dollface’ offers a narrow vision of womanhood Wednesday 3:56 PM
Ryan Gosling saves journalist from being hit by taxi
Actor rewarded for heroic action with Twitter praise and inevitable Tumblr blogs.
Actor Ryan Gosling has swept another lady off her feet.
This time though, he was just being a good citizen.
Journalist Laurie Penny was crossing the street in New York on Tuesday when Gosling stopped her from being clipped by a car.
“I literally, LITERALLY just got saved from a car by Ryan Gosling. That actually just happened,” tweeted Penny. “I was crossing 6th avenue in a new pink wig. Not looking the right way because I am from London. Ryan Gosling grabbed me away from a taxi.”
Gosling, who is famous for films like Drive and his “Hey girl” memes has since been crowned hero for the day on Tumblr and Twitter.
“Is there anything Ryan Gosling can’t do? Ryan Gosling is our hero… again,” tweeted April Henry (@aprilhenrybooks).
Since being saved by the 31-year-old actor, Penny has been bombarded with interview requests she has no time for.
“My phone and email have been going crazy with media requests all night and all morning and it’s getting silly now,” Penny tweeted. “Seriously, media, PLEASE stop contacting me with interview reqs about Ryan Gosling now. I am busy writing a book and don’t have time today.”
Can a new “Hey girl” Tumblr blog be far behind?
Photo via critormiss
Fernando Alfonso III served as an early Reddit and 4chan reporter and the Daily Dot’s first art director until 2016. He’s gone on to report at Lexington’s Herald-Leader and at the Houston Chronicle.