- How to stream Alistair Overeem vs. Jairzinho Rozenstruik 5 Years Ago
- Amazon sends customers condoms and soap instead of Nintendo Switch 5 Years Ago
- How to live stream Jermall Charlo vs. Dennis Hogan Today 8:00 AM
- Apple TV’s ‘Truth Be Told’ is a criminally dull drama Today 6:00 AM
- Thousands of Uber users have reported sexual assaults, company says Friday 5:40 PM
- ‘Astronomy Club’ reformats the sketch show Friday 4:58 PM
- Trump is concerned America’s toilets too weak Friday 3:53 PM
- Twitter users claim Billie Eilish is ‘over’ because she didn’t like Lady Gaga’s meat dress Friday 2:53 PM
- Nikki Haley says the Confederate flag was fine until Dylann Roof ‘hijacked’ it Friday 2:49 PM
- How emotional labor discourse spawned multiple memes Friday 2:22 PM
- Video of YouTuber Onision threatening ex-girlfriend resurfaces Friday 2:03 PM
- Marianne Williamson embraces anti-vax stance on Facebook Friday 1:58 PM
- Peloton Husband is worried memes will have ‘repercussions’ for his career Friday 1:55 PM
- ‘The Mandalorian’ stumbles as it returns to a familiar planet Friday 1:47 PM
- The best app controlled Christmas lights for the holidays Friday 1:04 PM
Here’s what you’ll find on Redditmade, Reddit’s DIY marketplace
Reddit launches Redditmade, an online shop for users to buy and sell goods.
Reddit has launched a new service that gives users a place to sell their goods.
“You can create anything you want on redditmade, whether it’s a hat, sticker, glass, or something super specially customized and unique,” stated the site. “You decide how many you want to sell and how much to sell them for, and you’ll have 30 days to reach your goal. If enough people pledge to buy your product by then, we’ll start making it!”
One of the featured products for sale is a Call of Duty–inspired T-shirt that, as of Thursday morning, was 62 percent funded.
Some of some other items on sale include a pin, pack of Reddit Secret Santa stickers, and a book of cocktail recipes. After each of these products reaches its pledge threshold, Redditmade states that the seller will “receive all the proceeds from your campaign, or you can donate them to any other person or cause you want.”
Redditmade is Reddit’s second major side project this year. Two weeks ago, the San Francisco–based company paid an undisclosed amount of money to obtain Alien Blue, the popular third-party Reddit iPhone app.
The news of Redditmade has been well received on the site. One redditor praised the “easy way to buy the weird stuff that other redditors make without actually talking to them.”
Photo via AnnieAnniePancake/Flickr(CC BY 2.0) | Remix by Jason Reed
Fernando Alfonso III served as an early Reddit and 4chan reporter and the Daily Dot’s first art director until 2016. He’s gone on to report at Lexington’s Herald-Leader and at the Houston Chronicle.