- ‘Zola’ is a surreal and wild tale of a road trip gone wrong 8 Years Ago
- Sebastian Gorka blocks pundit over Fleshlight joke Today 1:56 AM
- Woman slammed for trying to put UPS driver on blast Sunday 5:23 PM
- Twitter users are sharing which celebrities have blocked them Sunday 4:43 PM
- Conspiracy theorists are already taking advantage of Kobe Bryant’s death Sunday 4:14 PM
- Adam Driver returns to ‘SNL’ as Kylo Ren to reprise role in ‘Undercover Boss’ parody Sunday 3:46 PM
- White men are raging over ‘SNL’s’ white male rage skit Sunday 3:05 PM
- Kobe Bryant dead at 41 Sunday 2:24 PM
- Pete Buttigieg mocked over ‘staged’ walking photo Sunday 12:22 PM
- Louise Linton deletes pro-Greta Thunberg Instagram post Sunday 10:58 AM
- ‘Crip Camp’ shows how a radical summer camp was monumental to the disability rights movement Sunday 9:08 AM
- How to live stream the 2020 Grammy Awards Sunday 7:00 AM
- Technology created deepfakes—does it have a way to stop them, too? Sunday 6:30 AM
- SESTA-FOSTA is ‘detrimental’ to sex workers’ safety, study confirms Sunday 6:00 AM
- Jeff Bezos’ girlfriend allegedly sent his nudes to her brother, who then leaked them Saturday 6:38 PM
Mexican drug cartel’s Mother’s Day Massacre uploaded to YouTube
A shocking video showing the disposal of 49 headless bodies was available on YouTube for more than 48 hours.
A video showing the disposal of 49 headless bodies in Mexico was available for more than 48 hours on YouTube before being removed on Wednesday.
The shocking footage was reportedly uploaded by the Mexican drug cartel responsible for the murders and showed the group “unloading, then dumping the dismembered, decapitated” bodies in what has been called the Mother’s Day Massacre, Death By 1,000 Papercuts reported.
The number of total bodies is actually between 49 and 70 and were a result of “a power struggle between the two largest drug cartels.” The murder spree intentionally coincided with Mother’s Day, May 10, in Mexico—”a day when some mothers marched to protest the government’s failure to stop the killings,” Yahoo News reported.
In the Associated Press news report below, commenters lashed out against the U.S. and its involvement in the Mexican drug war.
“The U.S. won’t give a fuck about this, until the cartels start moving into the states and start brutally killing white Americans,” commented SATAN1KO. “That’s when they’re gonna realize that the war on drugs is a failure, and that they’ve been helping cartels profit for years. Just you wait, pretty soon, we’re gonna find American families hanging from bridges in California, and other states. Fuck that shit we need to legalize now!”
According to a Congressional report published in 2010, Mexico is the primary source of opiates in the U.S. and “90 percent of all cocaine” entering the country.
The massacre comes about three weeks after social action group Nuestro Mexico del Futuro (Our Mexico of the Future) published a political video featuring children dealing drugs, rioting in the streets, and smuggling people into the U.S.
More than 40,000 people—including 80 journalists—have been killed in Mexico’s drug war since 2005.
Photo by thms.nl
Fernando Alfonso III served as an early Reddit and 4chan reporter and the Daily Dot’s first art director until 2016. He’s gone on to report at Lexington’s Herald-Leader and at the Houston Chronicle.