- Twitch star Amorounth caught driving while streaming 6 Years Ago
- John Mulaney rails on e-scooters after ‘baby boomer’ nearly hits his dog 6 Years Ago
- How to stream Chelsea vs. Newcastle 6 Years Ago
- How to stream Atletico Madrid vs. Valencia 6 Years Ago
- ‘Bully. Coward. Victim.’ dives deep into the life of an ‘evil’ man Today 8:42 AM
- Paul Rudd acts his tail off in Netflix’s ‘Living With Yourself’ Today 8:15 AM
- Amazon’s ‘Modern Love’ adaptation feels like an ad for love Today 7:00 AM
- Paul Dano will play the Riddler in ‘The Batman’ Today 6:59 AM
- How Fakku pulled classic dating game True Love ’95 out of licensing hell Today 6:00 AM
- This Twitter account is parodying Amazon customer service Thursday 8:52 PM
- How to live stream Oleksandr Gvozdyk vs. Artur Beterbiev Thursday 7:00 PM
- Shaggy says an online scammer is impersonating him Thursday 6:53 PM
- IRL Barbie Malibu Dreamhouse available to rent on Airbnb Thursday 6:16 PM
- Men’s Humor trolled for unknowingly tweeting Grindr conversation Thursday 5:29 PM
- How to stream Dominick Reyes vs. Chris Weidman Thursday 5:00 PM
This is the 4chan user who livestreamed his suicide attempt
The 20-year-old 4chan user who livestreamed his attempted suicide has been identified.
On Saturday, Moore tried to take his own life by swallowing a combination of vodka and pills and setting his dorm room on fire. The event was captured on camera and broadcast on the site Chateen, where 200 people from 4chan’s /b/ forum tuned in. Instead of trying to talk Moore down, /b/ egged him on.
In a grainy video of the incident, still available on LiveLeak (NSFW), Moore’s fourth-floor room at the Dundas Hall fills with smoke..
“#imdead #omgimonfire,” he typed from under the bed. “I’m fuck3d.”
Near the end, firefighters can be seen in the room.
Moore, whom /b/ has dubbed “Toaster Steve,” is currently recovering at an Ontario hospital with his mother by his side.
Instead of people wishing him well on Facebook, photos on his profile have been inundated with comments discussing the alleged motives behind his suicide attempt. Other trolls have transformed Moore’s likeness, and his /b/ nickname, into image macros.
Moore’s friends have tried to come to his defense.
“Did any of you eggheads cheering him on think to help him and say stop?” Cheyenne Vivian commented on Facebook. “I don’t want to hear your stupid excuses as to how you could possibly even be a little human and comments I’m done with this thread. I hope you all can sleep well at night knowing how pathetic you all are and what you have done.”
Photo via Facebook
Fernando Alfonso III served as an early Reddit and 4chan reporter and the Daily Dot’s first art director until 2016. He’s gone on to report at Lexington’s Herald-Leader and at the Houston Chronicle.