- Twitter pledges to verify politicians in national primaries 6 Years Ago
- Don’t believe the haters who are calling this Bloomberg-Maroon 5 dance ‘fake’ Today 9:21 AM
- ‘Christmas With My Father’: Generational tension, without the tension Today 7:37 AM
- New ‘Rise of Skywalker’ clip includes a possible spoiler about Palpatine Today 7:16 AM
- Teens keep trolling Florida’s new school safety app Today 6:30 AM
- What is the TikTok drink and can you still get it? Thursday 9:27 PM
- ‘Party, Party, Party’ TikTok meme grapples with party culture Thursday 8:43 PM
- Baby Yoda was just added to Sims 4 Thursday 7:54 PM
- Religious conservatives petition Netflix to pull ‘gay Jesus’ Christmas comedy Thursday 7:19 PM
- Kylie Jenner criticized for yet another expensive car post Thursday 5:57 PM
- Apex Legends became a major Pornhub search in 2019 Thursday 5:15 PM
- CBS accidentally interviewed InfoWars host as regular Trump supporter Thursday 4:31 PM
- TLC accused of fatphobia, fetishization with show about ‘mixed-weight’ couples Thursday 3:41 PM
- Betting odds show KSI could fight FaZe Sensei, Jake Paul, or Justin Bieber next Thursday 3:20 PM
- Nick Cannon releases another thirsty Eminem diss track Thursday 2:59 PM
This is the 4chan user who livestreamed his suicide attempt
The 20-year-old 4chan user who livestreamed his attempted suicide has been identified.
On Saturday, Moore tried to take his own life by swallowing a combination of vodka and pills and setting his dorm room on fire. The event was captured on camera and broadcast on the site Chateen, where 200 people from 4chan’s /b/ forum tuned in. Instead of trying to talk Moore down, /b/ egged him on.
In a grainy video of the incident, still available on LiveLeak (NSFW), Moore’s fourth-floor room at the Dundas Hall fills with smoke..
“#imdead #omgimonfire,” he typed from under the bed. “I’m fuck3d.”
Near the end, firefighters can be seen in the room.
Moore, whom /b/ has dubbed “Toaster Steve,” is currently recovering at an Ontario hospital with his mother by his side.
Instead of people wishing him well on Facebook, photos on his profile have been inundated with comments discussing the alleged motives behind his suicide attempt. Other trolls have transformed Moore’s likeness, and his /b/ nickname, into image macros.
Moore’s friends have tried to come to his defense.
“Did any of you eggheads cheering him on think to help him and say stop?” Cheyenne Vivian commented on Facebook. “I don’t want to hear your stupid excuses as to how you could possibly even be a little human and comments I’m done with this thread. I hope you all can sleep well at night knowing how pathetic you all are and what you have done.”
Photo via Facebook
Fernando Alfonso III served as an early Reddit and 4chan reporter and the Daily Dot’s first art director until 2016. He’s gone on to report at Lexington’s Herald-Leader and at the Houston Chronicle.