- GoFundMe to send ‘Target Tori’ on vacation raises more than $30K Wednesday 6:54 PM
- Furries stop domestic assault in viral video Wednesday 6:10 PM
- Gritty under police investigation for allegedly punching a teen fan Wednesday 6:04 PM
- Twitter users throw animal parties with emoji in new meme Wednesday 5:21 PM
- Woman who went viral supporting Soleimani killing exposed as Libyan militia lobbyist Wednesday 5:01 PM
- Jeff Bezos subtweets Saudi prince following phone hack report Wednesday 3:29 PM
- ‘Yeah, good. OK’ Bernie Sanders meme is a new way to dismiss people Wednesday 3:10 PM
- ‘Vanderpump Rules’ recap: Petty displays of affection Wednesday 2:12 PM
- Makeup artist transforms into Timothée Chalamet on TikTok Wednesday 1:54 PM
- Iguanas are falling from trees—and people are selling them online for food Wednesday 1:02 PM
- 75,000 sign petition to fire Wendy Williams after ‘cleft lip’ comment about Joaquin Phoenix Wednesday 12:30 PM
- Kim Kardashian says Kylie Jenner’s setting spray is ‘cheap sh*t’ Wednesday 11:59 AM
- Trump continues to demand Apple unlock iPhones for the government Wednesday 11:46 AM
- Police officer suspended after video of a handcuffed Delonte West surfaces Wednesday 11:33 AM
- ‘Girls don’t want a boyfriend’ meme leaves boyfriends in 2019 Wednesday 11:21 AM
The Kim Kardashian app has crashed and everyone’s freaking out
Clearly, we all decided to stay in and play Kim Kardashian: Hollywood tonight. Or at least, that was the plan.
Well, well, well. It’s Friday night. What are you doing? Getting tapas with coworkers? Going on a first date? Reluctantly seeing a friend’s improv group?
Or did you decide to lie, skip everything you were invited to and stay home to play Kim Kardashian: Hollywood?
You and me both, sister, but unfortunately the app that has captured our hearts and minds has crashed, leaving (virtual) celebrity hopefuls staring at their push notifications in anguish.
#Fixthekardashiangame is trending on Twitter, where hoards of users are tweeting their pain.
— Calvin (@aurosan) July 19, 2014
— Sarah Hanz (@sarahhanzz) July 19, 2014
#fixthekardashiangame SERIOUSLY THERE IS DOUBLE POINTS FROM PHOTO SHOOTS THIS WEEKEND I NEED TO BUY A BEACH HOUSE AND I CANT GET ON
— Luke Hemmings (@humpschapel) July 19, 2014
I’m literally just panicking bc I don’t want to fail my photoshoots 😩 #fixthekardashiangame
— Sara || tilly-oakley (@smhojo) July 19, 2014
— ॐ pizza ॐ (@niallwhxregui) July 19, 2014
There have been calls for more K stars as compensation for the outage…
They better be giving us free money/energy/Kim k stars once the game is fixed or else I’m suing #fixthekardashiangame
— • corn • (@NXRRYJUANA) July 19, 2014
… as well as some valid theories as to why the app is inaccessible.
— (@ash182s) July 19, 2014
The real tragedy here is that your plans to play a little TGIF drunk Kim Kardashian: Hollywood have been thwarted. There’s always next week. Or tomorrow.
Kim, care to weigh in on this?
As you should!
Photo via Eva Rinaldi Celebrity and Live Music Photographer/Flickr (CC BY-SA 2.0)
Molly McHugh is the tech editor of the Daily Dot, focusing on technology, social media, sports, and streaming entertainment. Her work has also appeared in Wired and the Ringer.