- West Virginia corrections employees suspended after Nazi salute photo surfaces Thursday 8:02 PM
- Here are the 15 best Eddie Murphy movies available to stream Thursday 7:56 PM
- Ex-InfoWars video editor admits to making up Islamophobic stories Thursday 6:55 PM
- WhatsApp accounts deleted amid Kashmir internet blackout Thursday 6:21 PM
- Guy gets mocked for tattoo of Baby Yoda drinking White Claw Thursday 6:18 PM
- Spotify Wrapped has people asking just how much it knows about us Thursday 5:50 PM
- Instagram account allegedly asked for inappropriate photos of children Thursday 5:16 PM
- How to stream ‘Boys vs. Bears on Thursday Night Football Thursday 4:33 PM
- Woman caught her boyfriend cheating through his Fitbit Thursday 4:29 PM
- The Pete Buttigieg ‘High Hopes’ dance was designed by an intern Thursday 4:17 PM
- TikTok admits to hiding content made by fat, LGBTQ, and disabled users Thursday 3:58 PM
- ‘Merry Happy Whatever’ is an unoriginal sitcom with plenty of holiday cheer Thursday 3:55 PM
- The ‘Pod Save America’ Bros are losing it over Joe Biden’s newest ad Thursday 3:28 PM
- Van Halen had a wholesome response in defense of Billie Eilish Thursday 3:15 PM
- Influencer faces wrath of K-pop fans after her son played with penis-shaped soap Thursday 1:27 PM
Justin Bieber’s bare butt gets 100,000 likes on Instagram
Bieber mooned the photo-sharing site, but his prank photo wasn’t up for long.
Justin Bieber cracked the weirdest joke on Instagram, but you might have missed it.
On Saturday, the 18-year-old star dropped trou and posted a picture of his bare Canadian butt to his 6 million followers on Instagram. The moon shot landed 100,000 likes before it was taken down and prompted a response from his manager, Scooter Braun.
“as a prankster u have to respect another good prank. only makes sense. #crackdealer,” tweeted Braun suggesting the picture was a joke. Some are speculating that it’s a publicity ploy by Bieber for his new acoustic album, scheduled to be released Jan. 29, but if the full-moon photo is an attempt to shock Bieber fans, it’s way tamer than the horrific #cutforbieber campaign engineered by 4chan earlier this month.
Bieber’s pictures regularly rack up hundreds of thousands of likes no matter how mundane the image is, thus not making this—surprisingly—one of his most-liked photos. A picture of Bieber and his on-and-off girlfriend Selena Gomez received 149,000 likes, but his recent uploads regularly earn three to four times that. A selfie he took last week earned 600,000 likes.
However, his joke was a clear violation of the Facebook-owned service’s rules. On the Community Guidelines page, there’s a dictation that no nudity is permitted to keep the app “in line with [Apple’s] App Store’s rating for nudity and mature content.”
Photo via Justin Bieber/Instagram
A former editorial operations specialist and staff writer for the Daily Dot, Jordan Valinsky is a tech reporter and web culture commentator. His work has been published by the Week, Digiday, CNNMoney, Popular Mechanics, Vice, Mic, and Betabeat.