- New York to ban sale of most flavored e-cigarettes Today 8:45 AM
- How to watch ‘Dancing with the Stars’ season 28 Today 8:06 AM
- Watch the new ‘Jurassic World’ short film ‘Battle at Big Rock’ Today 8:04 AM
- Who is Corn Pop? Here are all the theories about the gang leader from Joe Biden’s past Sunday 4:37 PM
- Fresh sexual misconduct allegations against Kavanaugh spur calls for impeachment Sunday 3:28 PM
- Mike Pence says a Triple Crown-winning racehorse bit him Sunday 12:51 PM
- Disney CEO Bob Iger leaves Apple board amid streaming wars Sunday 12:01 PM
- Influencer Destiny Marquez faces backlash for berating Forever 21 employee Sunday 10:32 AM
- Chelsea Handler tackles systemic racism in ‘Hello, Privilege. It’s Me, Chelsea’ Sunday 9:18 AM
- Gun control proposal: Trump, lawmakers considering background check-conducting app Sunday 9:05 AM
- How to stream Browns vs. Jets on Monday Night Football Sunday 7:00 AM
- What are anons? Sunday 6:30 AM
- How to stream Eagles vs. Falcons on Sunday Night Football Sunday 6:00 AM
- How to stream ‘Power’ season 6, episode 4 Sunday 5:00 AM
- How to stream WWE’s Clash of Champions 2019 Saturday 8:00 PM
Justin Bieber’s bare butt gets 100,000 likes on Instagram
Bieber mooned the photo-sharing site, but his prank photo wasn’t up for long.
Justin Bieber cracked the weirdest joke on Instagram, but you might have missed it.
On Saturday, the 18-year-old star dropped trou and posted a picture of his bare Canadian butt to his 6 million followers on Instagram. The moon shot landed 100,000 likes before it was taken down and prompted a response from his manager, Scooter Braun.
“as a prankster u have to respect another good prank. only makes sense. #crackdealer,” tweeted Braun suggesting the picture was a joke. Some are speculating that it’s a publicity ploy by Bieber for his new acoustic album, scheduled to be released Jan. 29, but if the full-moon photo is an attempt to shock Bieber fans, it’s way tamer than the horrific #cutforbieber campaign engineered by 4chan earlier this month.
Bieber’s pictures regularly rack up hundreds of thousands of likes no matter how mundane the image is, thus not making this—surprisingly—one of his most-liked photos. A picture of Bieber and his on-and-off girlfriend Selena Gomez received 149,000 likes, but his recent uploads regularly earn three to four times that. A selfie he took last week earned 600,000 likes.
However, his joke was a clear violation of the Facebook-owned service’s rules. On the Community Guidelines page, there’s a dictation that no nudity is permitted to keep the app “in line with [Apple’s] App Store’s rating for nudity and mature content.”
Photo via Justin Bieber/Instagram
A former editorial operations specialist and staff writer for the Daily Dot, Jordan Valinsky is a tech reporter and web culture commentator. His work has been published by the Week, Digiday, CNNMoney, Popular Mechanics, Vice, Mic, and Betabeat.