Every evening, the Daily Dot delivers a selection of links worth clicking from around the Web, along with the day’s must-see image or video. We call it Dotted Lines.
- How do you pronounce “GIF”? You know, Graphics Interchange Format, the animations you use instead of actual words to express yourself? This crucial debate, no less essential to human life than breathing or slaying and skinning goats for sustenance, is brought to you by The New York Times. The Grey Lady profiled the GIF’s inventor, Steve Wilhite, who says it’s a soft G, as in “Choosy developers choose GIF.” Some people agree. Some don’t. Really, the Oxford English Dictionary says both are all right, and more importantly, no one cares. Hard G, soft G, just do you.
I’m like the Antonin Scalia of GIF pronunciation nyti.ms/13G4mep
— Jared Keller (@jaredbkeller) May 21, 2013
henry ford invented the model T but he was also a horrible bigot; ergo WHO CARES WHAT GIF INVENTOR SAYS ABOUT ANYTHING
— Sam Biddle (@samfbiddle) May 21, 2013
- Here is the GIF to end all GIFs.
- How video game logic can help you win at life.
- Hey, graduates, here’s what you need to know: Just f**king pick something. Love, a recent-ish grad.
- A driver brags about hitting a cyclist on Twitter. Unfortunately, the police know about the Internet.
- Lesbian parents in Texas may be forced to move apart because they can’t legally marry.
- 10 of the best Notorious B.I.G. videos.
- The Westboro Baptist Church blames the Oklahoma tornado on… Kevin Durant.