- Facebook and Google could be tracking you on porn sites 7 Years Ago
- 7 best sites for psychic love readings Today 1:20 PM
- Driver demonstrates why you always need to read road signs Today 12:58 PM
- Area 51 remix video proves it’s the summer of Lil Nas X Today 12:26 PM
- ‘ICE will come’: Convenience store clerk threatens customers speaking Spanish Today 12:11 PM
- Rand Paul dodges questions about 9/11 Victims Fund, says ‘watch Fox News’ Today 11:51 AM
- Report: ‘Stranger Things’ season 4 to begin shooting in October Today 11:03 AM
- AT&T paid Michael Cohen to consult on net neutrality, FBI documents show Today 9:10 AM
- Mysterio’s ruse changes on a second viewing of ‘Far From Home’ Today 9:06 AM
- Twitter overturns Barrett Brown’s third permanent suspension Today 8:49 AM
- How to live stream Liga MX Today 7:56 AM
- The QBaby’s parents are already trying to profit off their kid’s fame Today 7:45 AM
- How do 4DX movies work? Today 7:00 AM
- ‘Terminator 2’s John Connor will return for ‘Terminator: Dark Fate’ Today 6:41 AM
- What are all these ‘Game of Thrones’ fans supposed to do now? Today 6:00 AM
The photo, posted by an Israeli Facebook group called “I Love Dogs” has 20,000 likes and hundreds of vicious comments.
Every day, the Daily Dot finds something that people on Facebook are sharing and, in turn, shares it with you—with a little explanation. Here’s today’s share.
The Facebook group I LOVE DOGS, which has more than 100,000 fans on Facebook, curates a curious mix of photos: Most are either of cute puppies or devoted to Israeli nationalism. The photo it uploaded Saturday, though it depicted a canine, was just emblematic of the worst of the latter: a defenseless older woman, attacked by a trained military dog. The image already has more than 20,000 likes.
Though it looks as if it could have been Photoshopped, the photo was actually taken in 2007 by an AP photographer, though the context is no more savory than if it were used in current attacks. During a raid of a village in the West Bank, the Israeli-army-trained dog was supposed to enter a house to search for a specific militant, and instead attacked the defenseless woman. The AP reported that the army treated her on the scene.
The comments section is filled with vitriol, most of it written in Hebrew.
“Eat that fucking Muslim women eat baby eat,” wrote Tomer Milol. “Good boy who’s a good boy?”
“Good dog!!!! Doing sacred work!” wrote Yam Komm
At least some, though, were taken aback by the photo and its reception.
“How can you like a photo like that!!!!!” countered Yasmine El Boury. “this is violence and evil.”
Photo via I LOVE DOGS/Facebook
A former senior politics reporter for the Daily Dot, Kevin Collier focuses on privacy, cybersecurity, and issues of importance to the open internet. Since leaving the Daily Dot in March 2016, he has served as a reporter for Vocativ and a cybersecurity correspondent for BuzzFeed.