Branded as the hub for independent adult cinema, Else Cinema provides subscribers with a wide variety of sex-positive, feminist porn. Else Cinema (formerly known as Erotic Films) works on both a subscription and pay-per-view basis, which allows users the option to support and enjoy adult content in an ethical and financially conscious manner.
Else Cinema cost
What is feminist porn?
Unlike most of the porn circulating the internet, feminist porn is sex-positive and encourages people across the gender binary to embrace their sexuality without guilt or shame. In much fewer words, feminist porn sites cater to one thing: sexual pleasure, not the male gaze.
Who is Else Cinema?
Owned and operated by Swedish film director Erika Lust, Else Cinema is one of Lust’s many projects aimed at changing the way we create and consume porn. Lust doesn’t consider herself a pornographer, but rather a filmmaker simply exploring the beauty of sex. On the site, you won’t find any degrading pop-ups, age-questionable models, or gross plotlines. Instead, viewers can rest easy knowing that they’re supporting sex-positive and ethically made adult cinema.
If you’d like to learn more about Lust and her mission to better the industry, check out her TedxTalk “It’s time for porn to change.”
Many of Lust’s critiques on the industry have been transformed into key components of creating ethical porn, such as:
- Women’s pleasure matters. After all, the clitoris is the only organ whose sole function is to provide pleasure. So for porn creators to only include scenes where women get off by penetration alone is both wholly inaccurate and sends the message that woman’s orgasms don’t matter.
- Diversity is crucial. Porn movies, just like your vanilla Hollywood movies, should represent all races, genders, sexual orientations, body types, and ages.
- Everyone is paid a fair wage. From the interns to the models to the directors themselves, everyone who is involved in creating the film is paid fairly, given breaks, and provided a comfortable work environment. Directors from Lust’s films are even paid a commission from each video sale.
- Health, safety, and consent are always the priority. Lust and her team require all performers to be checked for STDs regularly. The use of condoms is also encouraged, but in the end, that decision is left up to those who are starring in the scene. Prior to working on a film, the team discusses the performers’ expectations, boundaries, and anything they will not do, ensuring they are not only consenting to the work but also looking forward to filming.
- Transparency is important. Sort of like IMDb, each video page details the names of the directors, performers, and some additional contact information. Why? The site says it best: “because we are proud of what we do.” You won’t find any of that information on mainstream paid porn sites like Brazzers or Pornhub.
Is an Else Cinema membership worth it?
As paid porn sites come, Else Cinema is one of the few that lets viewers choose how they want to join. Customers can choose to sign up with a paid monthly membership or via a traditional pay-per-view method, which allows viewers to rent a movie for 72 hours or for life.
But before we break down the cost of membership and its benefits, it’s worth noting that joining the site is completely free and every new member is gifted access to a porn film of their choice. All you need is a valid email address and proof that you’re at least 18 years old.
Else Cinema porn: Membership benefits
1) Access to over 500 independent porn movies
Every membership includes complete access to the site, so no film is 0ff limits or requires any special credits to stream. And unlike many of the mainstream paid porn sites, there are no tiered membership plans—one plan unlocks all!
2) Unlimited streaming
Instead of paying per rental or movie, an Else Cinema membership allows subscribers to play, pause, stop, rewind, and fast-forward as many movies as they’d like as many times as they desire.
3) Exclusive access to two new films every month
Paid members will also be notified when a new film has been uploaded to the site–which should happen at least twice per month.
4) Members can cancel at anytime
If you decide that Else Cinema isn’t for you or you’re not using your subscription as much as you’d hoped, you can cancel it at any time completely risk-free. Meaning there are no questions asked, no sales rep trying to sell you on another package, or any cancellation fees.
With its transparency on subscription rates, labor practices, and a mission on pleasure first, Else Cinema feels like a win for everyone.
Porn sites like Else Cinema
The Daily Dot may receive a payment in connection with purchases of products or services featured in this article. Click here to learn more.