Also in today’s Reddit Digest: Happy usernames and upvotes, 5-year-olds and astronauts, toothpaste as soap substitute.
Want to read Reddit but don’t have the time? Our daily Reddit Digest highlights the most interesting or important discussions from around the social news site—every morning.
- For St. Patrick’s Day, Canadian redditor asks if anyone in r/ireland can visit the grave of his uncle in Dublin. Irish redditor obliges. (r/bestof)
- Do happier usernames receive more upvotes? (r/TheoryOfReddit)
- On r/askreddit, an image is now officially not considered a valid answer to a question. (r/MetaHub)
- The Internet’s favorite mayor, Cory Booker, hosts an AMA. (r/iama)
- Director Danny Boyle hosts an AMA. (r/iama)
- What will today’s historians be criticized by future historians for? (r/AskHistorians)
- “What is an astronaut’s day in space like?” asks an actual 5-year-old. (r/explainlikeimfive)
- Toothpaste can clean teeth, prevent plaque buildup, and… deodorize hands? (r/LifeProTips)
Pure, uncut internet. Straight to your inbox.