- Timmy Thick blasted for saying the N-word in comeback video Today 9:11 AM
- Netflix’s ‘The Confession Killer’ is a devastating and well-built portrait of a con artist Today 8:00 AM
- Swipe This! I’m ashamed to tell anyone about my online shopping habit Today 6:00 AM
- UPS facing backlash for thanking police after employee killed in shootout Saturday 5:02 PM
- Sanders campaign fires staffer after anti-Semitic, homophobic tweets surface Saturday 3:13 PM
- Brother Nature was attacked, says everyone just watched with phones out Saturday 2:45 PM
- Ryan Reynolds’ gin company hires Peloton wife for ad Saturday 1:24 PM
- Ex-vegan YouTuber accused of fraud after following meat-only diet Saturday 1:11 PM
- The 15 best Disney+ hidden gems and deep cuts Saturday 12:23 PM
- Everyone in GoFundMe scam involving homeless veteran has now pleaded guilty Saturday 12:06 PM
- Boy invites kindergarten class to his adoption–and people are emotional Saturday 11:56 AM
- Reddit links leaked trade deal documents to Russian campaign Saturday 10:44 AM
- How to stream Alistair Overeem vs. Jairzinho Rozenstruik Saturday 8:30 AM
- Amazon sends customers condoms and soap instead of Nintendo Switch Saturday 8:28 AM
- How to live stream Jermall Charlo vs. Dennis Hogan Saturday 8:00 AM
They suck. Whether they are the president lamenting how all of America is conspiring against him, or your own personal Westworld fan theories, no one wants to read any of them. They’re all terrible.
But some are so bad they most be highlighted, mocked, shared, shamed and stared out for hours in slack-jawed awe.
Here are the worst political tweets of the week, broken down by the Daily Dot’s politics team, Andrew Wyrich (AW) and David Covucci (DC).
Worst Political Tweets of the Week
1) Laura Loomer’s bad attempt at toilet humor
DC: Hey Andrew! Get it?
AW: The best part about that is she tagged the Trumps. I guess it’s not out of the realm of possibility that the president would retweet something like that though, given his past… questionable past retweets.
DC: Yea, well it’s a delightful level of desperation that everyone on Twitter I think understands. Her excellent tweet didn’t go viral, and so she tried to boost the engagement. Been there. Done that. My only question is is this real or did she stage it?
AW: Thirsty for those retweets. It could be staged. I just don’t see someone shopping at Costo thinking “you know what I need to do right now? Put James Comey‘s book in a random toilet.” But she did say “REAL” so it can’t be staged, right?
DC: Man, that Comey really fixed the election to prevent Trump from winning, (which he did), so I’m gonna show him. I guess anything’s possible in Arizona though.
2) Erick Erickson doesn’t know how to pronounce simple things
DC: Don’t get me wrong, I love fried chicken, but the Trumps are serving jambalaya, which is authentically American (nothing is more American than a cross-cultural, stew-type dish). If you can’t appreciate that, what does your America look like? Well… white I guess.
AW: I don’t know if jambalaya is something I’d call “unpronounceable.” It’s pretty straight-forward. Sound it out. (Side note, it’s delicious). The other thing they are apparently serving is “rack of spring lamb” so I don’t know where he’s getting this ‘unpronounceable’ thing from.
DC: You’re forgetting the “b” in lamb is silent.
3) The RNC’s terrible list of beautiful Democrats
AW: First thoughts here is that Bernie Sanders is apparently first? Also, The Rock (who I don’t think should run) is so low! The dude is beloved by so many. Cory Booker being third is spot on, though, RNC. He’s a winner.
DC: This is a joke, I presume, but it is like… a horribly executed one at that. First off, the Republicans ran for president on a campaign of rampant sexism for president in 2016, and now they are reviving a list that was (rightly killed) for being sexist and… have they seen the sexy man they are running for 2020? Have they looked in the mirror lately? I mean, I guess they are saying Dems are the party of lookers, which is true, so is this a self-own?
DC: Yea but he’s ugly.
4) Totally the reason you need an AR-15
AW: I don’t even know where to begin with this.
DC: I think that’s where we call it a week.
Like our list of the week’s worst political tweets? Want to hear more from the Daily Dot’s politics team?
Tune in each week to We’re All Gonna Die, a politics podcast by the Daily Dot, where the team talks the most viral moments in politics each week, memes, and more.
Andrew Wyrich is a politics staff writer for the Daily Dot, covering the intersection of politics and the internet. Andrew has written for USA Today, NorthJersey.com, and other newspapers and websites. His work has been recognized by the Society of the Silurians, Investigative Reporters & Editors (IRE), and the Society of Professional Journalists (SPJ).
David Covucci is the Layer 8 editor at the Daily Dot, covering the intersection of politics and the web. His work has appeared in Vice, the Huffington Post, Jezebel, Gothamist, and other publications. He is particularly interested in hearing any tips you have. Reach out at [email protected]