- How to stream Bears vs. Redskins on Monday Night Football 5 Months Ago
- What are the best alternatives to the electoral college? 5 Months Ago
- The best PS4 games you can’t play anywhere else Today 6:00 AM
- How to watch the 2019 Emmy Awards Today 5:00 AM
- How to stream ‘Power’ season 6, episode 5 Today 4:00 AM
- Former developer at software company deletes his code to protest its ties to ICE Saturday 4:21 PM
- A mysterious website is doxing Hong Kong protesters and journalists Saturday 1:44 PM
- The best ‘Skyrim’ followers and how to get them Saturday 1:26 PM
- Why Joel Osteen gets cyberbullied every time Houston floods Saturday 12:40 PM
- How to stream Jets vs. Patriots in Week 3 Saturday 12:39 PM
- 10 indie dating simulator games you should be playing Saturday 12:31 PM
- How to stream Packers vs. Broncos in Week 3 Saturday 12:14 PM
- Saudi crown prince’s former adviser suspended from Twitter Saturday 11:57 AM
- How to stream Cowboys vs. Dolphins in Week 3 Saturday 11:57 AM
- YouTuber to pay restitution after a teen fan died copying her video Saturday 10:36 AM
Rep. Steve Cohen (D-Tenn.) ate from a bucket of Kentucky Fried Chicken on Thursday morning after Attorney General William Barr did not show up for his testimony at the House Judiciary Committee.
The Tennessee lawmaker also placed a ceramic chicken at the table where Barr was supposed to testify.
Barr was scheduled to testify before the House, following his hearing with lawmakers in the Senate on Wednesday in the wake of the release of Special Counsel Robert Mueller’s report.
.@RepCohen brought a plastic chicken and a bucket of Kentucky Fried Chicken (which he is tucking into ahead of this 9AM House Judiciary hearing.)— Lauren Gambino (@laurenegambino) May 2, 2019
“He’s here,” Cohen said, pointing to the chicken and referring to AG Barr who is not attending after a grilling in the Senate. pic.twitter.com/bGz3HCRSCQ
The attorney general said on Wednesday he would not testify before the House committee because the committee agreed to add to the allotted time for staff lawyers to question him, according to USA Today.
“‘Chicken Barr’ should have shown up today and answered questions,” Cohen said, adding: “An attorney general who was picked for his legal acumen and his abilities would not be fearful of any other attorneys questioning him for 30 minutes. This man was picked to be Roy Cohn and to be Donald Trump’s fixer. The ‘Black Sox’ look clean compared to this team. It’s a sad day in America.
"Chicken Barr should have shown up today and answered questions," says Rep. Steve Cohen, holding a chicken statue, after Attorney General William Barr skipped a House hearing on the Mueller report https://t.co/zCoDmiRlux pic.twitter.com/jFqggIT6po— CNN (@CNN) May 2, 2019
Cohen told a Cheddar reporter that KFC chicken was “pretty good” but chose it because he could not get fried chicken from Tennessee flown up to him on short notice.
Andrew Wyrich is a politics staff writer for the Daily Dot, covering the intersection of politics and the internet. Andrew has written for USA Today, NorthJersey.com, and other newspapers and websites. His work has been recognized by the Society of the Silurians, Investigative Reporters & Editors (IRE), and the Society of Professional Journalists (SPJ).