- Pregnant woman masterfully trolls gender-obsessed relative Today 3:05 PM
- HBO’s ‘Curb Your Enthusiasm’ returns from a 2-year break with brand new ways to make you cringe Today 3:00 PM
- Far-right accused of impersonating antifa online to encourage violence at Richmond rally Today 1:59 PM
- Second Amendment protesters defend gun rights with truly terrible signs Today 12:52 PM
- David Lynch surprises fans by dropping Netflix short out of the blue Today 12:29 PM
- Poop-focused parody of Kent State Gun Girl sparks conservative ire Today 11:58 AM
- 6-year-old raises $250K for Australian bushfires by making clay koalas Today 11:31 AM
- What you need to know about Clearview AI and its facial recognition app Today 10:36 AM
- Apple TV+ gets its first SAG Award while Netflix and Amazon nab 2 each Today 10:07 AM
- Facebook apologizes for translating Chinese president’s name to ‘Mr. Sh*thole’ Today 9:45 AM
- New York Times endorses Klobarren for president Today 8:45 AM
- 6 gift cards that make for the most thoughtful Valentine’s Day gift ideas Today 8:16 AM
- Studio Ghibli films are coming to Netflix—but not for Americans Today 8:13 AM
- Brad Pitt clutching Jennifer Aniston’s hand sparks all the rumors Today 7:47 AM
- The man who sold shares of himself on the internet Today 7:00 AM
Rep. Steve Cohen (D-Tenn.) ate from a bucket of Kentucky Fried Chicken on Thursday morning after Attorney General William Barr did not show up for his testimony at the House Judiciary Committee.
The Tennessee lawmaker also placed a ceramic chicken at the table where Barr was supposed to testify.
Barr was scheduled to testify before the House, following his hearing with lawmakers in the Senate on Wednesday in the wake of the release of Special Counsel Robert Mueller’s report.
.@RepCohen brought a plastic chicken and a bucket of Kentucky Fried Chicken (which he is tucking into ahead of this 9AM House Judiciary hearing.)— Lauren Gambino (@laurenegambino) May 2, 2019
“He’s here,” Cohen said, pointing to the chicken and referring to AG Barr who is not attending after a grilling in the Senate. pic.twitter.com/bGz3HCRSCQ
The attorney general said on Wednesday he would not testify before the House committee because the committee agreed to add to the allotted time for staff lawyers to question him, according to USA Today.
“‘Chicken Barr’ should have shown up today and answered questions,” Cohen said, adding: “An attorney general who was picked for his legal acumen and his abilities would not be fearful of any other attorneys questioning him for 30 minutes. This man was picked to be Roy Cohn and to be Donald Trump’s fixer. The ‘Black Sox’ look clean compared to this team. It’s a sad day in America.
"Chicken Barr should have shown up today and answered questions," says Rep. Steve Cohen, holding a chicken statue, after Attorney General William Barr skipped a House hearing on the Mueller report https://t.co/zCoDmiRlux pic.twitter.com/jFqggIT6po— CNN (@CNN) May 2, 2019
Cohen told a Cheddar reporter that KFC chicken was “pretty good” but chose it because he could not get fried chicken from Tennessee flown up to him on short notice.
Andrew Wyrich is a politics staff writer for the Daily Dot, covering the intersection of politics and the internet. Andrew has written for USA Today, NorthJersey.com, and other newspapers and websites. His work has been recognized by the Society of the Silurians, Investigative Reporters & Editors (IRE), and the Society of Professional Journalists (SPJ).