- Former developer at software company deletes his code to protest its ties to ICE Saturday 4:21 PM
- A mysterious website is doxing Hong Kong protesters and journalists Saturday 1:44 PM
- The best ‘Skyrim’ followers and how to get them Saturday 1:26 PM
- Why Joel Osteen gets cyberbullied every time Houston floods Saturday 12:40 PM
- How to stream Jets vs. Patriots in Week 3 Saturday 12:39 PM
- 10 indie dating simulator games you should be playing Saturday 12:31 PM
- How to stream Packers vs. Broncos in Week 3 Saturday 12:14 PM
- Saudi crown prince’s former adviser suspended from Twitter Saturday 11:57 AM
- How to stream Cowboys vs. Dolphins in Week 3 Saturday 11:57 AM
- YouTuber to pay restitution after a teen fan died copying her video Saturday 10:36 AM
- Antonio Brown sent ‘intimidating’ texts to an accuser, including a pic of her children Saturday 9:38 AM
- Facebook suspended tens of thousands of apps after Cambridge Analytica scandal Saturday 8:24 AM
- How to stream Browns vs. Rams on Sunday Night Football Saturday 6:00 AM
- How to watch ‘NFL Primetime’ on ESPN+ Saturday 5:00 AM
- How to stream Liverpool vs. Chelsea Friday 6:45 PM
Americans who don’t think white people have societal and economical advantages over people of color strongly approve of President Donald Trump and his performance so far, according to new data.
Meanwhile, people who agree that white Americans benefit from advantages that people of color don’t have are “nearly unanimous” in their disapproval of Trump, Pew Research Center found.
Trump has a 74 percent approval rating from white Americans who say they don’t “at all” benefit from advantages in society that Black people don’t have, according to Pew, with 60 percent of those “strongly” approving of Trump’s time in office.
The views extend along party lines.
Among Republicans and Republican-leaning independent voters who say white people do not have any inherent benefits from their race, 89 percent approve of Trump’s performance. Only 6 percent of Republicans agreed that white people have a leg up on people of color, and only 39 percent of them approved of Trump.
On the other side of the aisle, 97 percent of Democrats and Democrat-leaning independents who thought white people benefited a great deal from their race disapproved of Trump’s job performance. Even Democrats who did not feel as strongly about white people having an advantage did not like Trump–with 81 percent of those people having an unfavorable view of the president.
It’s worth noting that several studies and reports have shown that white Americans do have societal advantages including: white students in public schools being served better than students of color, white people are less likely to be arrested for the same drug crimes that people of color commit, and unemployment for Black Americans is consistently higher than white Americans.
You can read all of Pew Research Center’s findings here.
Andrew Wyrich is a politics staff writer for the Daily Dot, covering the intersection of politics and the internet. Andrew has written for USA Today, NorthJersey.com, and other newspapers and websites. His work has been recognized by the Society of the Silurians, Investigative Reporters & Editors (IRE), and the Society of Professional Journalists (SPJ).