- PDF Association dunks on Mueller report PDF Friday 7:33 PM
- Robert Downey Jr. says ‘Endgame’ finale is ‘best 8 minutes’ of any MCU film Friday 4:42 PM
- Elizabeth Warren calls on Congress to impeach Trump Friday 3:43 PM
- BlackBerry Messenger is still a thing—but not for much longer Friday 2:56 PM
- Matt Gaetz hires speechwriter fired by White House for attending white nationalist event Friday 1:33 PM
- Here’s why Elon Musk is a sheep on Twitter Friday 12:14 PM
- Trump is already running Facebook ads on the Mueller report Friday 12:07 PM
- 20 thoughtful gifts grads actually want Friday 12:00 PM
- 7 of the best psychological thriller movies on Shudder Friday 11:44 AM
- Seth Abramson’s epic Mueller thread finally comes to a conclusion Friday 11:40 AM
- Netflix is testing out a random play feature Friday 11:28 AM
- Teen star Danielle Cohn faked pregnancy for YouTube prank Friday 10:55 AM
- How to watch ‘A Discovery of Witches’ for free Friday 10:42 AM
- Rev up your own family rivalries with these ‘Game of Thrones’ board games Friday 10:29 AM
- Mueller’s ‘harm to ongoing matter’ is the best way to stay silent about your life Friday 10:21 AM
Conservatives are threatening to boycott Walmart over ‘Impeach 45’ clothes
Mike Mozart/Flickr (CC-BY)
There’s a #BoycottWalmart hashtag.
While a baby-sized one piece draw the attention of Ryan Fournier, the chairman of “Students for Trump,” Walmart is also getting flak for selling a number of “Impeach 45” clothing on its website.
“[email protected] why are you selling Impeach 45 baby clothes on your website????? What kind of message are you trying to send?” Fournier wrote on Monday, generating thousands of likes and retweets.
.@walmart why are you selling Impeach 45 baby clothes on your website?????
What kind of message are you trying to send? https://t.co/PwI4nCVAZx
— Ryan Fournier (@RyanAFournier) July 3, 2018
Walmart did not immediately respond to a request for comment by the Daily Dot.
However, Fox News reports that a company called Old Glory sells the “Impeach 45” clothing on the retail giant’s website.
Besides the baby one piece that drew scrutiny from Fournier, the retail giant’s website has several options for people looking to show their distaste for the president.
Which of course, sparked even more outrage among Trump’s online supporters.
The Twitter mob rallied around a hashtag, #BoycottWalmart, to express their displeasure with the retail giant.
— David Wright (@DavidMichWright) July 3, 2018
#BoycottWalmart ! Disgraceful for allowing clothing companies to sell Impeach 45 on your website .
— Britney (@luckybrit05) July 3, 2018
— Deplorable in the Valley (@DennisNDee) July 3, 2018
— Eric Poague (@edwardjones94) July 3, 2018
If the #BoycottWalmart hashtag protest is like any number of the conservative-led boycott movements, it’s likely Walmart wont have to sweat this for very long.
Update 11:25am CT, July 4: In a statement to the Daily Dot, Walmart said the items were from a third-party seller, not the store, and that they’d be removing them.
“These items were sold by third party sellers on our open marketplace, and were not offered directly by Walmart. We’re removing these types of items pending review of our marketplace policies,” a Walmart spokesperson said.
- 11 pro-Trump boycotts that completely backfired
- The #BoycottDeNiro movement is spreading online
- Conservatives launch Cheesecake Factory boycott over MAGA spat
Andrew Wyrich is a politics staff writer for the Daily Dot, covering the intersection of politics and the internet. Andrew has written for USA Today, NorthJersey.com, and other newspapers and websites. His work has been recognized by the Society of the Silurians, Investigative Reporters & Editors (IRE), and the Society of Professional Journalists (SPJ).