- 7-year-old YouTuber to get his own show on Nickelodeon Saturday 5:30 PM
- ‘Hipster’ jobs are trending, and Indeed says the market is booming Saturday 3:33 PM
- Trump meme removed after copyright complaint Saturday 2:15 PM
- Facebook pushes back against moderators complaining about ‘Big Brother’ environment Saturday 12:46 PM
- Twitter hid post from an account linked to Iran’s Supreme Leader Saturday 10:17 AM
- How to stream Leo Santa Cruz vs. Rafael Rivera for free Saturday 8:00 AM
- ‘Larry Charles’ Dangerous World of Comedy’ finds the balance between tragedy and comedy Saturday 7:30 AM
- How to stream Michael ‘Venom’ Page vs. Paul Daley for free Saturday 7:00 AM
- How to watch the NBA Dunk Contest 2019 online for free Saturday 6:50 AM
- The best new TV shows to stream this weekend Saturday 6:00 AM
- Bug lets Twitter save your DMs—even after you delete them Friday 7:21 PM
- Guy mansplains song to Japanese Breakfast, the female artist who wrote the song Friday 6:38 PM
- Ann Coulter’s Twitter bio links to a vulgar parody account Friday 5:22 PM
- Popular YouTube music channel gets income yanked for ‘repetitious’ content Friday 4:14 PM
- New website will endlessly generate fake faces thanks to AI Friday 3:41 PM
Conservatives are threatening to boycott Walmart over ‘Impeach 45’ clothes
Mike Mozart/Flickr (CC-BY)
There’s a #BoycottWalmart hashtag.
While a baby-sized one piece draw the attention of Ryan Fournier, the chairman of “Students for Trump,” Walmart is also getting flak for selling a number of “Impeach 45” clothing on its website.
“[email protected] why are you selling Impeach 45 baby clothes on your website????? What kind of message are you trying to send?” Fournier wrote on Monday, generating thousands of likes and retweets.
.@walmart why are you selling Impeach 45 baby clothes on your website?????
What kind of message are you trying to send? https://t.co/PwI4nCVAZx
— Ryan Fournier (@RyanAFournier) July 3, 2018
Walmart did not immediately respond to a request for comment by the Daily Dot.
However, Fox News reports that a company called Old Glory sells the “Impeach 45” clothing on the retail giant’s website.
Besides the baby one piece that drew scrutiny from Fournier, the retail giant’s website has several options for people looking to show their distaste for the president.
Which of course, sparked even more outrage among Trump’s online supporters.
The Twitter mob rallied around a hashtag, #BoycottWalmart, to express their displeasure with the retail giant.
— David Wright (@DavidMichWright) July 3, 2018
#BoycottWalmart ! Disgraceful for allowing clothing companies to sell Impeach 45 on your website .
— Britney (@luckybrit05) July 3, 2018
— Deplorable in the Valley (@DennisNDee) July 3, 2018
— Eric Poague (@edwardjones94) July 3, 2018
If the #BoycottWalmart hashtag protest is like any number of the conservative-led boycott movements, it’s likely Walmart wont have to sweat this for very long.
Update 11:25am CT, July 4: In a statement to the Daily Dot, Walmart said the items were from a third-party seller, not the store, and that they’d be removing them.
“These items were sold by third party sellers on our open marketplace, and were not offered directly by Walmart. We’re removing these types of items pending review of our marketplace policies,” a Walmart spokesperson said.
- 11 pro-Trump boycotts that completely backfired
- The #BoycottDeNiro movement is spreading online
- Conservatives launch Cheesecake Factory boycott over MAGA spat
Andrew Wyrich is a politics staff writer for the Daily Dot, covering the intersection of politics and the internet. Andrew has written for USA Today, NorthJersey.com, and other newspapers and websites. His work has been recognized by the Society of the Silurians, Investigative Reporters & Editors (IRE), and the Society of Professional Journalists (SPJ).