- Chrissy Teigen draws the ire of QAnon fans for criticizing conspiracy 2 Years Ago
- This Twitch streamer was shocked to discover a fan made videos of all her sneezes Today 9:28 AM
- ‘Rick and Morty’ episode title reveal highlights how dumb episode title reveals are Today 9:27 AM
- Ajit Pai is unhappy states are bucking his agency’s net neutrality repeal Today 9:04 AM
- Paul Rudd’s appearance on ‘Hot Ones’ becomes an instantly iconic meme Today 8:23 AM
- Network of fake news sites in Michigan appears to be right-wing propaganda effort Today 6:30 AM
- ‘BoJack Horseman’ hints at a brutal reckoning in its final season Today 5:30 AM
- How to stream Barcelona vs. Slavia Praha in the Champions League Today 2:00 AM
- How to stream Chelsea vs. Ajax in the Champions League Today 1:00 AM
- People are using #WheresLindsey to criticize Graham over Trump ‘lynching’ defense Tuesday 8:22 PM
- 2 Proud Boys sentenced to 4 years in prison for attacking antifa protesters Tuesday 7:20 PM
- Paul Joseph Watson is very upset by bartender serving beer with her butt Tuesday 6:24 PM
- Twitter developing a policy to combat deepfakes Tuesday 5:28 PM
- The Nate Diaz vs. Jorge Masvidal bout at UFC 244 is perfect for NYC and its fight mecca Tuesday 5:27 PM
- Alexis Bledel named most dangerous online celebrity Tuesday 5:02 PM
Apparently, that was good enough for Trump, and Putin said as much during his press conference Saturday.
“[Trump] asked a lot of questions on this subject, I was able to answer—answered all of these questions,” Putin said, via CBS News. “I think he took this into consideration and agreed, but, in fact, how he reacted to this … ask him.”
Unfortunately for anybody who’d like to hear from Trump on the matter, he declined to have a post-Summit press conference, unlike most of the other foreign leaders in attendance.
On Friday, Russian Foreign Minister Sergey Lavrov said Trump had accepted Putin’s denial, though that wasn’t quite the story put out by Secretary of State Rex Tillerson on Friday.
“I think the president is rightly focused on how do we move forward from something that may be an intractable disagreement at this point,” Tillerson said.
Earlier this week, Trump said he thought Russia had interfered.
“Well, I think it was Russia, and I think it could have been other people and other countries. Could have been a lot of people interfered,” Trump said. “I said it very simply. I think it could very well have been Russia, but I think it could well have been other countries—and I won’t be specific, but I think a lot of people interfere.”
Either way, the Russian president said the relationship between Putin and Trump had been “established” at the Summit.
“I do not know how this will sound, but I will say as I see it: Trump on TV is very different from the real person,” Putin said.
Josh Katzowitz is a staff writer at the Daily Dot specializing in YouTube and boxing. His work has appeared in the New York Times, Wall Street Journal, Washington Post, and Los Angeles Times. A longtime sports writer, he's covered the NFL for CBSSports.com and boxing for Forbes. His work has been noted twice in the Best American Sports Writing book series.