- ‘Salt Fat Acid Heat’ takes viewers on a journey through the four building blocks of a great dish 2 Years Ago
- How to tell the deep web from the dark web 2 Years Ago
- How to watch the Saints vs. Rams online for free Today 6:15 AM
- How to watch ‘Supergirl’ online for free Today 6:00 AM
- How to stream the NFL conference championship games Today 5:00 AM
- How to watch Barcelona vs. Leganes online for free Today 1:00 AM
- Daily Stormer founder to turn over personal, financial information in lawsuit Saturday 8:51 PM
- Ariana Grande’s ‘7 Rings’ courts controversy Saturday 6:19 PM
- Crowd of MAGA teens attempts to intimidate Native American protester Saturday 4:13 PM
- ‘Generously buttered noodles’ is the bizarre, wholesome meme you didn’t know you needed Saturday 2:07 PM
- All of Machinima’s YouTube videos are gone, stunning creators and fans (updated) Saturday 1:14 PM
- Photo of federal workers conjures Great Depression Saturday 12:24 PM
- How to watch Pacquiao vs. Broner online Saturday 9:00 AM
- What does IMO mean? Saturday 8:00 AM
- ‘Trigger Warning with Killer Mike’ digs into America’s wounds with a wink and a black flag Saturday 7:00 AM
U.S. government officials confirmed to Reuters that the USS Carl Vinson aircraft carrier and its support ships, previously harbored in Singapore, were en route to the Korean peninsula in a bid to pressure North Korean dictator Kim Jong Un to end his country’s weapons tests.
President Donald Trump met with Chinese President Xi Jinping this week to discuss how more could be done to curb North Korea’s nuclear program. Trump aides had discussed economic sanctions but Secretary of State Rex Tillerson has emphasized that a military resolution remains an “option” as far as the administration is concerned.
The state-managed Korean Central News Agency said the country was justified in seeking to bolster its military and nuclear strength in order to “cope with the U.S.’s evermore reckless moves for a war and defend ourselves with our own force.”
“Some forces are loud-mouthed that the recent U.S. military attack on Syria is an action of warning to us,” the statement continued. “But we are not frightened by it.”
David Gilmour is a reporter who specializes in national politics, internet culture, and technology. He previously covered civil liberties, crime, and politics for Vice.