- Man claims ex-girlfriend killed his dog after he broke up with her 2 Years Ago
- What are BitTorrent downloads and how do they work? 2 Years Ago
- ICE cuts the cord on real immigrant hotline after being featured in ‘Orange Is the New Black’ Today 10:49 AM
- The 10 best music podcasts for artist interviews and criticism in 2019 Today 10:41 AM
- How a socialist Twitch streamer landed in a feud with Dan Crenshaw Today 10:07 AM
- How to prepare for your fantasy football draft (and season) Today 9:00 AM
- Kit Harington is joining the MCU–and people are guessing which character he will play Today 8:48 AM
- How to live stream Juan Francisco Estrada vs. Dewayne Beamon Today 8:00 AM
- The 5 best free torrent clients you can download in 2019 Today 8:00 AM
- How to stream Saints vs. Jets in NFL preseason action Today 7:49 AM
- How to stream Chiefs vs. 49ers in NFL preseason action Today 7:36 AM
- How to live stream Bellator 225: Mitrione vs. Kharitonov Today 7:30 AM
- Alice Wetterlund draws insight from the last decade in ‘My Mama Is a Human and So Am I’ Today 7:00 AM
- How to stream the Cowboys vs. Texans NFL preseason showdown Today 7:00 AM
- How ‘Stranger Things’ is inspiring new waves of Dungeons and Dragons fans Today 6:00 AM
While Trump gave thanks to his administration’s pro-business stance and Congress’s tax cut, Twitter noted he was leaving one person out.
Thanks Obama! https://t.co/4NgOuQ2iaX— G_Mac (@garymc12) January 31, 2018
Somebody should yell "Thanks Obama!" right now #SOTU— FullyDedicated (@2Short2Sweet) January 31, 2018
Trump specifically cited having the lowest unemployment ever of African Americans as an economic trend he was most proud of. People were swift to point out that trend began under another president. Long ago under another president.
President Trump boasting that African American unemployment is at an all-time low because of him. Two words he should be saying instead: Thanks, Obama. #SOTU— G. K. Butterfield (@GKButterfield) January 31, 2018
But that wasn’t the only benefit Obama brought to the economy before leaving office.
Auto industry's growing in America. Thanks, Obama! #SOTU— Senator Jeff Merkley (@SenJeffMerkley) January 31, 2018
Trump also lauded himself on lower Hispanic unemployment.
David Covucci is the Layer 8 editor at the Daily Dot, covering the intersection of politics and the web. His work has appeared in Vice, the Huffington Post, Jezebel, Gothamist, and other publications. He is particularly interested in hearing any tips you have. Reach out at [email protected]