- Videos show alleged Covington teens harassing women, making rape jokes at march 12 Months Ago
- MAGA teen gets ‘Today Show’ interview—and people are pissed Today 3:38 PM
- Family says hacker sent fake North Korean missile warning through Nest camera Today 2:42 PM
- This Arizona bill would tax internet porn to fund a border wall Today 2:41 PM
- This meme is asking people how they draw the letter X Today 1:18 PM
- Charlie Kirk’s love of U.S. healthcare system put to the test after back problems Today 1:12 PM
- Fyre Fest caterer who was left broke has received $160,000 in donations Today 12:58 PM
- The YouTuber who taught a dog to give the Nazi salute on command can’t find a job Today 12:24 PM
- The ‘oh yeah yeah’ meme is flooding YouTube—and KSI can’t deal Today 12:20 PM
- Did this d*ck-drawing Instagram star steal her gag from a rival runner? Today 12:00 PM
- Rep. Steve King, best known for his racism, tweets a fake MLK quote Today 11:54 AM
- Facebook is helping husbands ‘brainwash’ their wives with targeted ads Today 11:35 AM
- Twitch streamer Pink_Sparkles responds to gamers who don’t think she belongs Today 11:29 AM
- ‘Black Panther’ nabs 7 Oscar nominations, including best picture Today 10:49 AM
- Somehow Kamala Harris will have to run for president without Bill O’Reilly’s endorsement Today 10:15 AM
He did a lot.
While Trump gave thanks to his administration’s pro-business stance and Congress’s tax cut, Twitter noted he was leaving one person out.
Thanks Obama! https://t.co/4NgOuQ2iaX
— G_Mac (@garymc12) January 31, 2018
Somebody should yell "Thanks Obama!" right now #SOTU
— FullyDedicated (@2Short2Sweet) January 31, 2018
Trump specifically cited having the lowest unemployment ever of African Americans as an economic trend he was most proud of. People were swift to point out that trend began under another president. Long ago under another president.
— Ooooh. That Billy!? (@thatbillysmith) January 31, 2018
— anache (@anachech) January 31, 2018
President Trump boasting that African American unemployment is at an all-time low because of him. Two words he should be saying instead: Thanks, Obama. #SOTU
— G. K. Butterfield (@GKButterfield) January 31, 2018
But that wasn’t the only benefit Obama brought to the economy before leaving office.
Auto industry's growing in America. Thanks, Obama! #SOTU
— Senator Jeff Merkley (@SenJeffMerkley) January 31, 2018
Trump also lauded himself on lower Hispanic unemployment.
David Covucci is the Layer 8 editor at the Daily Dot, covering the intersection of politics and the web. His work has appeared in Vice, the Huffington Post, Jezebel, Gothamist, and other publications. He is particularly interested in hearing any tips you have. Reach out at [email protected]