- How to watch ‘Rachel Maddow’ online for free 6 Months Ago
- Guy who wants to fund the border wall has privately raised $7 million Thursday 8:41 PM
- Mortal Kombat 11 trailer delights fans with gory fatalities, new characters Thursday 5:46 PM
- What you need to know about the data breach involving 773 email addresses Thursday 5:13 PM
- Senators fear government shutdown may affect FTC investigation of Facebook Thursday 3:43 PM
- Buy beer for a furloughed government worker with this new website Thursday 3:19 PM
- Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez is teaching Congress how to tweet Thursday 2:42 PM
- Congressmen held genetics meeting with Chuck Johnson, despite his past racist claims about genetics Thursday 2:26 PM
- Female bodyguard thriller ‘Close’ is disappointingly un-thrilling Thursday 2:01 PM
- Twitter faces backlash for insensitive ‘triggers’ joke Thursday 1:13 PM
- 10 user-recommended sites for live tarot readings that are almost too good to be true Thursday 12:08 PM
- AsapSCIENCE comes for Jake Paul over Mystery Brand scam Thursday 11:34 AM
- Why ‘I never thought of it like that’ can actually be deeply offensive Thursday 11:26 AM
- Save 40% on the Fire TV Stick 4K when you rent textbooks through Amazon Thursday 11:05 AM
- Netflix reportedly used real disaster footage in ‘Bird Box’ Thursday 10:53 AM
Twitter is once again thirsty for the pee tape after latest Trump news
Gage Skidmore/Flickr (CC-BY-SA)
Cohen recorded a conversation with Trump—and there could be more tapes to come.
Michael Cohen, President Donald Trump‘s longtime personal lawyer, reportedly recorded a conversation he had with his former client where they discussed a payment to former Playboy model Karen McDougal.
Shortly after the news broke, CNN reported that not only does Cohen have that tape, but there are potentially more tapes to come in the future.
More, via @DanaBashCNN @GloriaBorger: Michael Cohen had other recordings of Trump in his records seized by FBI, per Rudy Giuliani & a source w/knowledge of Cohen's tapes. “Definitely all kinds of tapes out there,” one of the sources said.
— Oliver Darcy (@oliverdarcy) July 20, 2018
Which of course meant only one thing for many people on Twitter: the “pee tape.”
Quick refresher: The “pee tape” was brought up in the so-called Steele dossier and is apparently a tape of Trump’s hotel room during a trip to Moscow where prostitutes urinate on a bed. While it may seem far-fetched, former FBI Director James Comey said that the president asked him to investigate the “pee tape” to assure Melania Trump it wasn’t real.
Sen. Jeff Merkley (D-Ore.) recently told BuzzFeed News that he thinks “something like” the notorious “pee tape” exists.
With that in mind, the idea that Cohen had more recordings of Trump led many people to joke that he must be in possession of the “pee tape.”
To be fair, it’s likely Cohen only has more recorded conversations between him and Trump—and not the tape everyone wants.
Andrew Wyrich is a politics staff writer for the Daily Dot, covering the intersection of politics and the internet. Andrew has written for USA Today, NorthJersey.com, and other newspapers and websites. His work has been recognized by the Society of the Silurians, Investigative Reporters & Editors (IRE), and the Society of Professional Journalists (SPJ).