- Arnold Schwarzenegger chases mini-pony in new TikTok video Today 9:19 AM
- Review: ‘Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice’ is a cut above the rest Today 8:00 AM
- Where do 2020 Democratic candidates stand on healthcare? Today 7:30 AM
- How to (legally) stream live TV on Kodi Today 7:00 AM
- ‘Delhi Crime’ tackles inequality and women’s rights Today 7:00 AM
- How to watch the 2019 STP 500 at Martinsville Speedway for free Today 6:00 AM
- These high school theater kids put on a totally awesome ‘Alien’ play Saturday 3:59 PM
- Behold these photos of Elon Musk, but with Elizabeth Holmes’ eyes Saturday 3:11 PM
- Barbra Streisand gets ‘canceled’ over remarks about Michael Jackson’s alleged victims Saturday 2:09 PM
- Report: Florida man raped Texas teen after posing as Instagram celeb Saturday 12:14 PM
- Lori Loughlin’s daughters, Olivia and Isabella, could be banned from USC forever Saturday 11:46 AM
- ‘Starfish’ is a heartbreaking tale of BFFs, grief, and apocalyptic alien invasions Saturday 10:35 AM
- How to stream UFC Fight Night 148 for free Saturday 10:00 AM
- The kids are making scantron memes instead of studying Saturday 9:29 AM
- Every installment of Hulu’s ‘Into the Dark,’ ranked Saturday 6:00 AM
Twitter is once again thirsty for the pee tape after latest Trump news
Gage Skidmore/Flickr (CC-BY-SA)
Cohen recorded a conversation with Trump—and there could be more tapes to come.
Michael Cohen, President Donald Trump‘s longtime personal lawyer, reportedly recorded a conversation he had with his former client where they discussed a payment to former Playboy model Karen McDougal.
Shortly after the news broke, CNN reported that not only does Cohen have that tape, but there are potentially more tapes to come in the future.
More, via @DanaBashCNN @GloriaBorger: Michael Cohen had other recordings of Trump in his records seized by FBI, per Rudy Giuliani & a source w/knowledge of Cohen's tapes. “Definitely all kinds of tapes out there,” one of the sources said.
— Oliver Darcy (@oliverdarcy) July 20, 2018
Which of course meant only one thing for many people on Twitter: the “pee tape.”
Quick refresher: The “pee tape” was brought up in the so-called Steele dossier and is apparently a tape of Trump’s hotel room during a trip to Moscow where prostitutes urinate on a bed. While it may seem far-fetched, former FBI Director James Comey said that the president asked him to investigate the “pee tape” to assure Melania Trump it wasn’t real.
Sen. Jeff Merkley (D-Ore.) recently told BuzzFeed News that he thinks “something like” the notorious “pee tape” exists.
With that in mind, the idea that Cohen had more recordings of Trump led many people to joke that he must be in possession of the “pee tape.”
To be fair, it’s likely Cohen only has more recorded conversations between him and Trump—and not the tape everyone wants.
Andrew Wyrich is a politics staff writer for the Daily Dot, covering the intersection of politics and the internet. Andrew has written for USA Today, NorthJersey.com, and other newspapers and websites. His work has been recognized by the Society of the Silurians, Investigative Reporters & Editors (IRE), and the Society of Professional Journalists (SPJ).