- People are celebrating #BiVisibilityDay with art and selfies 1 Year Ago
- Six U.S. cities among the world’s most surveilled places 1 Year Ago
- Facebook page faces backlash for selling ‘Christian yoga certification’ Today 2:03 PM
- A million-mile Tesla battery may be around the corner Today 1:29 PM
- Our 5 favorite AirPod charging cases at every price point Today 1:10 PM
- Amazon Prime almost completely swept the Emmys’ comedy section Today 12:31 PM
- People are outraged that a 6-year-old was arrested for a temper tantrum Today 12:26 PM
- A tropical storm named Karen is sparking jokes about calling the manager Today 12:18 PM
- Patriotic Facebook page reaching millions of Americans is run by Ukrainians Today 12:11 PM
- Review: ‘Color Out of Space’ and the cosmic horror of an uninvited guest Today 11:58 AM
- Snap’s ‘Project Voldemort’ dossier details Facebook’s bullying tactics Today 11:42 AM
- Conservatives compare teen activist Greta Thunberg to Nazi poster girl Today 11:17 AM
- Trump’s immigration czar is upset climate activists are calling out capitalism Today 10:47 AM
- A bunch of popular YouTube channels were the victims of a nasty hack Today 10:10 AM
- Austin City Limits, Bonnaroo, other festivals pledge to not use facial recognition Today 9:47 AM
Michael Cohen, President Donald Trump‘s longtime personal lawyer, reportedly recorded a conversation he had with his former client where they discussed a payment to former Playboy model Karen McDougal.
Shortly after the news broke, CNN reported that not only does Cohen have that tape, but there are potentially more tapes to come in the future.
More, via @DanaBashCNN @GloriaBorger: Michael Cohen had other recordings of Trump in his records seized by FBI, per Rudy Giuliani & a source w/knowledge of Cohen's tapes. “Definitely all kinds of tapes out there,” one of the sources said.— Oliver Darcy (@oliverdarcy) July 20, 2018
Which of course meant only one thing for many people on Twitter: the “pee tape.”
Quick refresher: The “pee tape” was brought up in the so-called Steele dossier and is apparently a tape of Trump’s hotel room during a trip to Moscow where prostitutes urinate on a bed. While it may seem far-fetched, former FBI Director James Comey said that the president asked him to investigate the “pee tape” to assure Melania Trump it wasn’t real.
Sen. Jeff Merkley (D-Ore.) recently told BuzzFeed News that he thinks “something like” the notorious “pee tape” exists.
With that in mind, the idea that Cohen had more recordings of Trump led many people to joke that he must be in possession of the “pee tape.”
To be fair, it’s likely Cohen only has more recorded conversations between him and Trump—and not the tape everyone wants.
Andrew Wyrich is a politics staff writer for the Daily Dot, covering the intersection of politics and the internet. Andrew has written for USA Today, NorthJersey.com, and other newspapers and websites. His work has been recognized by the Society of the Silurians, Investigative Reporters & Editors (IRE), and the Society of Professional Journalists (SPJ).