- Artist suspended from Facebook, Instagram after posting anti-MAGA artwork 10 Months Ago
- How to watch Serie A online for free Today 7:30 AM
- What does ‘uwu’ mean? Today 7:00 AM
- How to uninstall the Epic Games Launcher (for real) Today 6:30 AM
- How to watch the Indianapolis 500 online for free Today 6:00 AM
- Ohio KKK rally met with massive counter-protest and witty signs from local businesses Saturday 5:06 PM
- Guy who said he stole drugs from MS-13 now says viral story is fake Saturday 4:07 PM
- Financial service company left 885 million private records exposed online Saturday 3:13 PM
- Sasha Obama went to prom and Twitter is delighted with the photos Saturday 2:22 PM
- Jon Voight says Trump is the greatest president since Lincoln in Twitter videos Saturday 1:31 PM
- #DeleteFacebook gains momentum after the platform refused to remove doctored Nancy Pelosi videos Saturday 11:58 AM
- ‘Game of Thrones’ failed women—and it’s a shame on its legacy Saturday 7:40 AM
- How to use Tor, the network that lets you browse the web anonymously Saturday 7:30 AM
- How to live stream Devin Haney vs. Antonio Moran on DAZN Saturday 7:00 AM
- Trump’s transphobic policies are disgusting—but they aren’t new Saturday 6:30 AM
Twitter is once again thirsty for the pee tape after latest Trump news
Gage Skidmore/Flickr (CC-BY-SA)
Cohen recorded a conversation with Trump—and there could be more tapes to come.
Michael Cohen, President Donald Trump‘s longtime personal lawyer, reportedly recorded a conversation he had with his former client where they discussed a payment to former Playboy model Karen McDougal.
Shortly after the news broke, CNN reported that not only does Cohen have that tape, but there are potentially more tapes to come in the future.
More, via @DanaBashCNN @GloriaBorger: Michael Cohen had other recordings of Trump in his records seized by FBI, per Rudy Giuliani & a source w/knowledge of Cohen's tapes. “Definitely all kinds of tapes out there,” one of the sources said.
— Oliver Darcy (@oliverdarcy) July 20, 2018
Which of course meant only one thing for many people on Twitter: the “pee tape.”
Quick refresher: The “pee tape” was brought up in the so-called Steele dossier and is apparently a tape of Trump’s hotel room during a trip to Moscow where prostitutes urinate on a bed. While it may seem far-fetched, former FBI Director James Comey said that the president asked him to investigate the “pee tape” to assure Melania Trump it wasn’t real.
Sen. Jeff Merkley (D-Ore.) recently told BuzzFeed News that he thinks “something like” the notorious “pee tape” exists.
With that in mind, the idea that Cohen had more recordings of Trump led many people to joke that he must be in possession of the “pee tape.”
To be fair, it’s likely Cohen only has more recorded conversations between him and Trump—and not the tape everyone wants.
Andrew Wyrich is a politics staff writer for the Daily Dot, covering the intersection of politics and the internet. Andrew has written for USA Today, NorthJersey.com, and other newspapers and websites. His work has been recognized by the Society of the Silurians, Investigative Reporters & Editors (IRE), and the Society of Professional Journalists (SPJ).