- HQ Trivia host and co-founder in Twitter feud amid shutdown 2 Years Ago
- YouTuber shamed for fake call with Caroline Flack after her death Today 10:59 AM
- This MAGA-loving Keanu Reeves imposter isn’t fooling anyone Today 10:16 AM
- How to watch ‘Outlander’ season 5 online Today 8:00 AM
- Kobe Bryant’s complicated online legacy isn’t buried with him Today 6:00 AM
- TikTok teen’s reaction to discovering boyfriend’s cheating goes viral Saturday 4:46 PM
- This may be the creepiest Amazon review you’ll ever read Saturday 3:58 PM
- Bill Maher booed on own show over defense of Bloomberg Saturday 3:37 PM
- Vidgo provides competitive streaming options in both English and Spanish Saturday 3:34 PM
- The Sun allegedly deletes negative Caroline Flack story after her death Saturday 2:48 PM
- How to watch ‘American Idol’ season 18 Saturday 2:00 PM
- James Blake defends girlfriend Jameela Jamil amid allegations she’s faking her illnesses Saturday 1:46 PM
- Viral video purports to show doctors with guns amid coronavirus outbreak Saturday 1:07 PM
- Russian YouTubers pretend to be Greta Thunberg, share alleged prank call with Bernie Sanders Saturday 11:07 AM
- TikTok teens are shaving off their eyebrows to ‘look like’ Kendall Jenner, Bella Hadid Saturday 10:25 AM
Facebook founder Mark Zuckerberg is appearing before Congress today, facing serious questions relating to the company’s use and protection of user data, in the wake of the Cambridge Analytica scandal, but the internet is distracted by the booster seat seemingly put in place especially for him.
Stop infantilizing Mark Zuckerberg! Also, here’s his booster seat. (Photographs by Evy Mages.) pic.twitter.com/MeKwDZwIEF— Andrew Beaujon (@abeaujon) April 10, 2018
Zuckerberg takes his seat... on a 4-inch cushion. pic.twitter.com/ssp7IjF5MS— Dana Milbank (@Milbank) April 10, 2018
The padded cushion was first noticed by Washingtonian photographer Evy Mages and has sparked some questions online as to whether the billionaire Silicon Valley executive requested the insert, based on previous reports that 5’7” Zuckerberg is conscious about his height.
Has anyone asked WHY Zuckerberg has an extra cushion on his seat in front of congress? Is he really just that short?— Pastor Lewis Boois Bo Boois Banana Fana Fo Foois (@lewispolzin) April 10, 2018
Some Twitter users, however, have other theories.
Because stress can cause hemorrhoids?— H_R (@OttoWeinert) April 10, 2018
Well, robots do need some extra padding to sit down— Shane Flannagan (@shaneflannagan) April 10, 2018
they do this when a witness is gonna be there for a loooooooooong fucking time— C-SPAM (@c__spam) April 10, 2018
Might as well be comfortable while getting grilled.
David Gilmour is a reporter who specializes in national politics, internet culture, and technology.