- Trump complains about his Twitter follower count to Jack Dorsey Tuesday 6:34 PM
- ‘Avengers: Endgame’ sticks the devastating landing—and gives you time to grieve Tuesday 5:00 PM
- Teen hits Apple with $1 billion lawsuit over alleged face recognition arrest Tuesday 4:48 PM
- John Cornyn tried to attack Patton Oswalt for his old tweets and failed miserably Tuesday 4:29 PM
- Logan Paul is selling a pillow of his dead dog—for a good cause Tuesday 4:04 PM
- Study: Too much Netflix, not enough ‘chill’ Tuesday 3:36 PM
- Pete Buttigieg under fire for saying incarcerated Americans shouldn’t be allowed to vote Tuesday 2:54 PM
- Vine’s co-founder is beta testing a new app called Byte Tuesday 2:51 PM
- Report: Joe Biden’s first 2020 fundraiser will be with a Comcast executive Tuesday 2:49 PM
- Netflix’s ‘Sabrina’ appears to have an art-copying problem (updated) Tuesday 2:47 PM
- People are crying over these cats’ window-sill romance Tuesday 2:27 PM
- The ‘I’m baby’ meme is all about being comforted Tuesday 2:24 PM
- Parody video totally nails what men are like on Tinder Tuesday 1:57 PM
- Twitch star AriLove latest woman to be arbitrarily banned for ‘sexually suggestive’ attire Tuesday 1:47 PM
- The 18 best Korean beauty sheet masks Tuesday 1:25 PM
Did Trump unfollow Ann Coulter after her tweets about the border wall?
Coulter had just called him ‘gutless.’
President Donald Trump doesn’t follow many people on Twitter—so when he decides to unfollow someone, it’s pretty apparent.
The latest person Trump dropped from his timeline is right-wing pundit Ann Coulter, who just hours before the unceremonious unfollow blasted the president for his handling of the wall on the country’s southern border.
On Wednesday afternoon, Coulter—in a blog post on her website—called the president “gutless” because he has yet to deliver on his campaign promise to build the border wall.
“It is now crystal clear that one of two things is true: Either Trump never intended to build the wall and was scamming voters all along, or he has no idea how to get it done and zero interest in finding out,” she wrote.
Coulter also saw the wall as imperative to Trump’s chances of re-election in 2020.
“On the basis of his self-interest alone, he must know that if he doesn’t build the wall, he has zero chance of being re-elected and a 100 percent chance of being utterly humiliated,” she wrote.
She also tweeted out a link to the post (which seemingly would have come up in the president’s feed).
A few hours later, @TrumpsAlert, a Twitter bot that tracks follows, likes, and other activity among the Trump family, noticed that the president’s Twitter account either unfollowed or blocked Coulter.
realDonaldTrump appears to no longer follow @AnnCoulter. (This bot cannot tell if this was an unfollow, suspension or block.)
— Trump Alert (@TrumpsAlert) December 20, 2018
The president now follows 45 people on Twitter.
Andrew Wyrich is a politics staff writer for the Daily Dot, covering the intersection of politics and the internet. Andrew has written for USA Today, NorthJersey.com, and other newspapers and websites. His work has been recognized by the Society of the Silurians, Investigative Reporters & Editors (IRE), and the Society of Professional Journalists (SPJ).