- Instagram struggles to remove photos of Bianca Devins’ dead body 7 Months Ago
- ‘Storm Area 51’ creator says its gotten so big he’s worried about the FBI 7 Months Ago
- Everyone loves Q baby, the baby who apparently supports QAnon Today 9:53 AM
- Thread about ‘depression meals’ is inspiring lots of relatable answers Today 9:36 AM
- How long is ‘Avengers: Infinity War’? Today 9:30 AM
- Rand Paul ripped for halting 9/11 Victim Fund re-authorization bill Today 9:18 AM
- Here’s what’s coming and going on Hulu in August 2019 Today 7:00 AM
- ‘Game of Thrones’ creators drop out of Comic-Con at last minute Today 6:38 AM
- Inside Britt McHenry’s war on women Today 6:30 AM
- The glorious highs and unexpected quirks of 4K streaming Today 6:00 AM
- Southwest Airlines passengers receive free Nintendo Switch consoles and Mario Maker 2 Wednesday 9:10 PM
- The Deplorable Choir drops diss track aimed at 4 congresswomen from Trump’s racist tweets Wednesday 8:09 PM
- Florida city is pushing homeless people out by playing ‘Baby Shark’ on a loop Wednesday 7:27 PM
- A ‘Gossip Girl’ reboot is coming to HBO Max–and fans are not happy with the casting details Wednesday 6:44 PM
- Beto can’t leverage his slave owner ancestry to gain Black voters’ trust Wednesday 5:51 PM
Did Trump unfollow Ann Coulter after her tweets about the border wall?
Coulter had just called him ‘gutless.’
President Donald Trump doesn’t follow many people on Twitter—so when he decides to unfollow someone, it’s pretty apparent.
The latest person Trump dropped from his timeline is right-wing pundit Ann Coulter, who just hours before the unceremonious unfollow blasted the president for his handling of the wall on the country’s southern border.
On Wednesday afternoon, Coulter—in a blog post on her website—called the president “gutless” because he has yet to deliver on his campaign promise to build the border wall.
“It is now crystal clear that one of two things is true: Either Trump never intended to build the wall and was scamming voters all along, or he has no idea how to get it done and zero interest in finding out,” she wrote.
Coulter also saw the wall as imperative to Trump’s chances of re-election in 2020.
“On the basis of his self-interest alone, he must know that if he doesn’t build the wall, he has zero chance of being re-elected and a 100 percent chance of being utterly humiliated,” she wrote.
She also tweeted out a link to the post (which seemingly would have come up in the president’s feed).
A few hours later, @TrumpsAlert, a Twitter bot that tracks follows, likes, and other activity among the Trump family, noticed that the president’s Twitter account either unfollowed or blocked Coulter.
realDonaldTrump appears to no longer follow @AnnCoulter. (This bot cannot tell if this was an unfollow, suspension or block.)— Trump Alert (@TrumpsAlert) December 20, 2018
The president now follows 45 people on Twitter.
Andrew Wyrich is a politics staff writer for the Daily Dot, covering the intersection of politics and the internet. Andrew has written for USA Today, NorthJersey.com, and other newspapers and websites. His work has been recognized by the Society of the Silurians, Investigative Reporters & Editors (IRE), and the Society of Professional Journalists (SPJ).