- How to stream 49ers vs. Redskins in Week 7 4 Weeks Ago
- How to stream Cardinals vs. Giants in Week 7 4 Weeks Ago
- How to stream Packers vs. Raiders in Week 7 4 Weeks Ago
- How to stream Vikings vs. Lions in Week 7 4 Weeks Ago
- How to stream Rams vs. Falcons in Week 7 4 Weeks Ago
- Billie Eilish fans think they figured out who stole her ring 4 Weeks Ago
- ‘Give me candy’: Hailey Bieber mocked for defense of celebrating Halloween as a Christian Today 10:28 AM
- Aaron Paul predicted Jesse Pinkman’s fate on Reddit years ago Today 8:53 AM
- Netflix’s ‘Eli’ is a satisfyingly nasty blend of haunted houses and medical horror Today 7:00 AM
- Why 8chan’s founder is fighting to keep the infamous message board dead Today 6:30 AM
- How to stream NFL Sunday Ticket without DirecTV Today 5:00 AM
- How to watch Arizona State vs. Utah Today 4:00 AM
- How to watch Michigan vs. Penn State Today 4:00 AM
- How to watch Florida vs. South Carolina Today 4:00 AM
- How to stream Manchester City vs. Crystal Palace Today 1:00 AM
In wake of over 150 House Democrats calling for impeachment proceedings to begin against President Donald Trump, the president pledged to release the transcript of the call that’s been at the center of the firestorm.
“I am currently at the United Nations representing our Country, but have authorized the release tomorrow of the complete, fully declassified and unredacted transcript of my phone conversation with President Zelensky of Ukraine…. ….You will see it was a very friendly and totally appropriate call. No pressure and, unlike Joe Biden and his son, NO quid pro quo! This is nothing more than a continuation of the Greatest and most Destructive Witch Hunt of all time!”
....You will see it was a very friendly and totally appropriate call. No pressure and, unlike Joe Biden and his son, NO quid pro quo! This is nothing more than a continuation of the Greatest and most Destructive Witch Hunt of all time!— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) September 24, 2019
Around the same time, the Washington Post reported House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) would back a formal impeachment inquiry into Trump.
Trump has been under fire since reports emerged that an intelligence community member filed a whistleblower complaint about the president’s actions.
Speculation was rampant in the wake of the first reports, but it was eventually revealed the complaint centered on Trump possibly asking Ukraine to investigate Joe Biden, Hunter Biden, and their dealings with a Ukrainian gas company, in a phone call with the country’s president.
The Trump administration was potentially withholding military aid to the country to spur them to look into the matter, although the funds were eventually released.
Hunter Biden sat on the board of Burisma Holding, which was under investigation when a top prosecutor for the country was dismissed. Joe Biden had called for the prosecutor to be fired for general corruption, a move that was supported by other nations at the time.
Biden denies it has anything to do with the investigation into the company his son was affiliated with.
David Covucci is the Layer 8 editor at the Daily Dot, covering the intersection of politics and the web. His work has appeared in Vice, the Huffington Post, Jezebel, Gothamist, and other publications. He is particularly interested in hearing any tips you have. Reach out at [email protected]