- Twitch streamer inadvertently documents all the times she was sexually, verbally harassed on vacation 6 Months Ago
- Raptors coach Nick Nurse becomes a relatable meme 6 Months Ago
- Man wears bandage that blends in with his skin tone, and Twitter has all the feelings 6 Months Ago
- The 8 best Korean sunscreens to add to your bag Today 12:15 PM
- New ‘Avengers: Endgame’ commercials drop a few big spoilers Today 11:58 AM
- 11 party games for people sick of playing Cards Against Humanity Today 11:45 AM
- Curvy Wife Guy makes the most Curvy Wife Guy pregnancy announcement Today 11:31 AM
- ‘A Fortunate Man’ is a gorgeous, shallow adaptation of a classic novel Today 11:30 AM
- Obama’s ‘Easter worshippers’ tweet upsets conservatives Today 11:04 AM
- Trump responds to impeachment calls: ‘You can’t’ Today 10:43 AM
- Desperate YouTuber goes on ‘holy pilgrimage’ to meet PewDiePie Today 10:33 AM
- Influencer faces 20 years for hiring cousin to threaten man into giving up domain name Today 10:17 AM
- ‘Avengers: Endgame’ isn’t actually the end of Marvel’s Phase 3 Today 10:12 AM
- ‘Star Trek: Discovery’ just obliterated every stupid argument about its place in canon Today 9:24 AM
- ‘Game of Thrones’ brings us lots of horny Tormund memes Today 8:46 AM
Trump’s old tweet criticizing Obama for campaigning after a hurricane comes back to haunt him
Gage Skidmore/Flickr (CC-BY-SA)
There’s always a tweet.
“Yesterday Obama campaigned with JayZ & Springsteen while Hurricane Sandy victims across NY & NJ are still decimated by Sandy. Wrong!” the now-president wrote in November 2012.
Yesterday Obama campaigned with JayZ & Springsteen while Hurricane Sandy victims across NY & NJ are still decimated by Sandy. Wrong!
— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) November 6, 2012
During the rally in Erie, Pennsylvania, the president offered his “thoughts and prayers” to those affected by Hurricane Michael and added that he would travel to the areas affected “very shortly,” according to the Associated Press.
On Wednesday, as the hurricane made landfall near Mexico Beach, Fla., Trump said he “cannot disappoint” the people attending his Pennsylvania rally.
Trump’s inability to follow his own advice about not campaigning during the aftermath of a hurricane was pointed out by people online.
Almost 6 years ago, Trump blasted Obama for campaigning during Hurricane Sandy cleanup. Look at him now up in Erie while a category 3 hurricane hits Florida. https://t.co/h0pv8KRpvd
— Chris Matthews (@HardballChris) October 10, 2018
Fun reminder that in the 24 hours since Hurricane Michael made landfall in Florida yesterday, Trump:
– Held a fundraiser
– Held a campaign rally
– interviewed with Salena Zito
– interviewed with Fox News' Shannon Bream
– Had a 47 minute chit chat with Fox & Friends https://t.co/bmNuccrmgH
— Aidan McLaughlin (@aidnmclaughlin) October 11, 2018
well. that didn't age well. https://t.co/5spmr5cdG3
— Christina Ginn (@NBChristinaGinn) October 11, 2018
Man there really is a tweet for everything https://t.co/yq0pIu7OPZ
— Kristen St Denis (@kristenstdenis) October 10, 2018
LOOOL! Donnie wishes he could delete alll his old tweets.. https://t.co/PzuQ9DMEXe
— #TK (Bearded Genius) (@ekbenswaaaag) October 11, 2018
Trump Today: despite the hurricane I can't disappoint my supporters and will attend a rally tonight.
Trump in 2012: https://t.co/cpPvie9EmA
— Jackson Proskow (@JProskowGlobal) October 10, 2018
— Pmr2112 (@Pmr1024) October 11, 2018
Yes, there is always a tweet.
Andrew Wyrich is a politics staff writer for the Daily Dot, covering the intersection of politics and the internet. Andrew has written for USA Today, NorthJersey.com, and other newspapers and websites. His work has been recognized by the Society of the Silurians, Investigative Reporters & Editors (IRE), and the Society of Professional Journalists (SPJ).