- The time traveler conversation meme finds its way to TikTok 9 Months Ago
- Grimes claims she had an ‘experimental’ eye surgery and practices sword fighting 9 Months Ago
- 70 Border Patrol employees under investigation for posts in secret Facebook group Today 1:45 PM
- Republican’s Operation Safe Return criticized as cover for mass deporation Today 1:42 PM
- ‘Chernobyl’ star Jared Harris is concerned about people taking Instagrams there Today 12:18 PM
- Mattel’s BTS dolls are finally up for preorder Today 12:14 PM
- Harry Styles is in talks to play Prince Eric in ‘The Little Mermaid’ Today 11:44 AM
- Graphic video shows father beating young daughter for being sexually active Today 11:40 AM
- Black conservative activist made #IceBae a thing Today 9:53 AM
- Jeffrey Epstein’s pilot deletes Instagram after Kellyanne Conway pic surfaces Today 7:56 AM
- ‘Pennyworth’ is a deliriously strange addition to the Batman franchise Today 7:30 AM
- How to read free magazines with your Amazon Prime membership Today 7:00 AM
- 2020 celeb donations: Hanks loves Biden, Stamos stans Buttigieg Today 6:30 AM
- AirTV is essential for Sling TV subscribers Today 6:00 AM
- #ICEBae is reportedly a Democrat–and she has some things to get off her chest Tuesday 8:45 PM
Trump’s old tweet criticizing Obama for campaigning after a hurricane comes back to haunt him
Gage Skidmore/Flickr (CC-BY-SA)
There’s always a tweet.
“Yesterday Obama campaigned with JayZ & Springsteen while Hurricane Sandy victims across NY & NJ are still decimated by Sandy. Wrong!” the now-president wrote in November 2012.
Yesterday Obama campaigned with JayZ & Springsteen while Hurricane Sandy victims across NY & NJ are still decimated by Sandy. Wrong!— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) November 6, 2012
During the rally in Erie, Pennsylvania, the president offered his “thoughts and prayers” to those affected by Hurricane Michael and added that he would travel to the areas affected “very shortly,” according to the Associated Press.
On Wednesday, as the hurricane made landfall near Mexico Beach, Fla., Trump said he “cannot disappoint” the people attending his Pennsylvania rally.
Trump’s inability to follow his own advice about not campaigning during the aftermath of a hurricane was pointed out by people online.
Almost 6 years ago, Trump blasted Obama for campaigning during Hurricane Sandy cleanup. Look at him now up in Erie while a category 3 hurricane hits Florida. https://t.co/h0pv8KRpvd— Chris Matthews (@HardballChris) October 10, 2018
Fun reminder that in the 24 hours since Hurricane Michael made landfall in Florida yesterday, Trump:— Aidan McLaughlin (@aidnmclaughlin) October 11, 2018
- Held a fundraiser
- Held a campaign rally
- interviewed with Salena Zito
- interviewed with Fox News' Shannon Bream
- Had a 47 minute chit chat with Fox & Friends https://t.co/bmNuccrmgH
well. that didn't age well. https://t.co/5spmr5cdG3— Christina Ginn (@NBChristinaGinn) October 11, 2018
Man there really is a tweet for everything https://t.co/yq0pIu7OPZ— Kristen St Denis (@kristenstdenis) October 10, 2018
LOOOL! Donnie wishes he could delete alll his old tweets.. https://t.co/PzuQ9DMEXe— #TK (Bearded Genius) (@ekbenswaaaag) October 11, 2018
Trump Today: despite the hurricane I can't disappoint my supporters and will attend a rally tonight.— Jackson Proskow (@JProskowGlobal) October 10, 2018
Trump in 2012: https://t.co/cpPvie9EmA
Yes, there is always a tweet.
Andrew Wyrich is a politics staff writer for the Daily Dot, covering the intersection of politics and the internet. Andrew has written for USA Today, NorthJersey.com, and other newspapers and websites. His work has been recognized by the Society of the Silurians, Investigative Reporters & Editors (IRE), and the Society of Professional Journalists (SPJ).