- This ‘Sailor Moon’ game brings us back to the ’90s in the best way 1 Year Ago
- Teacher who said holidays are ‘difficult’ gets heartwarming surprise from students 1 Year Ago
- Fox News blames ‘weaponized’ social media for Tucker Carlson backlash 1 Year Ago
- Report: Black women receive way more abusive tweets than white women Today 8:34 AM
- Roger Stone to publicly apologize for spreading lies on InfoWars Today 8:13 AM
- Netflix true crime series ‘The Innocent Man’ is a missed opportunity Today 7:31 AM
- What can we learn from Ivanka Trump’s private email server? Today 7:30 AM
- How to watch National Geographic online for free Today 7:30 AM
- Bongo Cat proves that the internet still loves cats Today 7:00 AM
- Organize your life with the 10 best free calendar apps Today 6:00 AM
- How many devices can you stream YouTube TV with at once? Today 6:00 AM
- Watch Tiffany Pollard sell the sh*t out of Fenty Beauty makeup Monday 8:05 PM
- Speech pathologist sues Texas school district for right to boycott Israel Monday 5:25 PM
- ‘Fresh Prince’ actor sues Fortnite developer for using the Carlton dance Monday 4:40 PM
- 3D-printed head fools Android facial recognition Monday 3:01 PM
Trump says he’s the reason troops are ‘really winning’ on Thanksgiving call
Photo via whitehouse/Flickr (Public Domain)
Trump told Troops, ‘I’m letting you do your job.’
Speaking to U.S. troops in Afghanistan, Iraq, and other places in the Middle East as part of his holiday celebration, President Donald Trump said “we’re really winning,” because “I’m letting you do your job.”
In a video call from Mar-a-Lago, where Trump is spending Thanksgiving, the president spoke to all military branches, according to the Washington Post: the 82nd Airborne in Afghanistan, the 2nd Marine Raider Battalion in Iraq, the 5th Fleet aboard the USS Monterey, the 74th Expeditionary Fighter Squadron in Incirlik, Turkey, and the Coast Guard aboard the USCG Wrangell at the Kuwait Navy Base.
Trump spoke about the progress in Afghanistan, where more U.S. forces are training local infantry against the Taliban, and said efforts against the Islamic State are “coming our way” as the group has lost remaining strongholds in Iraq and Syria.
Trump continued to speak about the “brave, incredible fighters,” saying they have been able to get more done under his administration than preceding presidents. He also bragged about the economy (it’s “doing great”) as well as the “big, fat, beautiful tax cuts” to be seen under Senate Republican tax plan.
“You’re fighting for something real. You’re fighting for something good,” Trump said.
H/T the Washington Post
Samantha Grasso is an IRL staff writer for the Daily Dot with a reporting emphasis on immigration. Her work has appeared on Los Angeles Magazine, Death And Taxes, Revelist, Texts From Last Night, Austin Monthly, and she has previously contributed to Texas Monthly.