- Man allegedly kills girlfriend, then pretends to be her on Facebook Sunday 4:29 PM
- Trevor Lawrence met TikTok teen who looks just like him Sunday 3:48 PM
- Trump’s hospital visit spawns conspiracy theories Sunday 2:49 PM
- ‘SNL’ skit combines Harry Styles, the Popeyes chicken sandwich, and Disney+ Sunday 2:02 PM
- Doctored photo of GOP congresswoman flipping the bird fools critics Sunday 1:05 PM
- Internet scammers taking advantage of Narwhal the ‘unicorn’ rescue puppy Sunday 12:19 PM
- Sunday Night Football: How to stream Bears vs. Rams live Sunday 12:00 PM
- CupcakKe’s month-long ‘water fast’ has fans concerned Sunday 11:24 AM
- Will.i.am claims ‘racist’ flight attendant called police on him Sunday 10:28 AM
- How does Disney+ compare to Netflix, Hulu, HBO Max, and Apple TV+? Sunday 9:35 AM
- How to stream Patriots vs. Eagles live Sunday 9:30 AM
- Girl turns herself into ‘pleading face’ emoji Sunday 9:27 AM
- How to stream Cowboys vs. Lions live Sunday 9:00 AM
- Chaotic good, true neutral: The 2020 Democrat alignment chart Sunday 6:30 AM
- How to stream Mexico vs. Brazil live in the U-17 World Cup final Sunday 3:00 AM
Democratic presidential candidate Joe Biden forgot to claim the web address, Facebook page, and Twitter account for his recently announced Latinx outreach campaign, leading President Donald Trump‘s reelection campaign to snag them instead.
Biden on Wednesday announced the “Todos Con Biden” (Everyone With Biden) campaign in an attempt to secure support from the Latinx community. Only, the former vice president failed to secure the necessary digital real estate needed to promote the plan.
When visiting todosconbiden.com, users aren’t met with information on Biden’s campaign but instead see an anti-Biden message from the Trump campaign.
The message, in both English and Spanish, simply states: “OOPS, JOE FORGOT ABOUT LATINOS.”
To make matters worse, the Trump campaign also set up a Todos Con Biden Facebook page, complete with years-old quotes from Biden discussing the deportation of immigrants.
The Twitter handle for Todos Con Biden looks much the same, filled with videos of Biden showcasing his seemingly ever-changing views on immigration. The account’s bio also tells followers to “Text VAMOS to 88022.”
Biden’s campaign to gain the Latinx vote doesn’t seem to be going viral either way. A video from Biden’s official YouTube account announcing Todos Con Biden has less than 1,800 views at the time of publication.
The incident is yet another blow to Biden’s gaffe-filled campaign, which seems to struggle with how to operate in the digital-era.
Biden made a similar mistake in late July at the end of one of the Democratic debates. While attempting to give out his web address, Biden instead gave out a phone number.
“If you agree with me, go to Joe 3-0-3-3-0 and help me in this fight,” Biden said.
Biden should have asked people to text “Joe” to 3-0-3-3-0, but the damage had already been done.
The web address biden30330.com was quickly obtained by a self-described Gen Z candidate named “Josh” who isn’t even eligible to run yet.
- Joe Biden nails the difference between website, text message in closing statement
- Russian bots targeting Joe Biden on Instagram
- Biden yelling at Warren becomes relatable workplace meme
- Who is Corn Pop? Here are all the theories about the gang leader from Joe Biden’s past
Mikael Thalen is a tech and security reporter based in Seattle, covering social media, data breaches, hackers, and more.