- Ohio KKK rally met with massive counter-protest and witty signs from local businesses Saturday 5:06 PM
- Guy who said he stole drugs from MS-13 now says viral story is fake Saturday 4:07 PM
- Financial service company left 885 million private records exposed online Saturday 3:13 PM
- Sasha Obama went to prom and Twitter is delighted with the photos Saturday 2:22 PM
- Jon Voight says Trump is the greatest president since Lincoln in Twitter videos Saturday 1:31 PM
- #DeleteFacebook gains momentum after the platform refused to remove doctored Nancy Pelosi videos Saturday 11:58 AM
- ‘Game of Thrones’ failed women—and it’s a shame on its legacy Saturday 7:40 AM
- How to use Tor, the network that lets you browse the web anonymously Saturday 7:30 AM
- How to live stream Devin Haney vs. Antonio Moran on DAZN Saturday 7:00 AM
- Trump’s transphobic policies are disgusting—but they aren’t new Saturday 6:30 AM
- How to watch the Copa del Rey Final online for free Saturday 5:45 AM
- How to watch the DFB-Pokal final for free Saturday 5:30 AM
- Curvy Wife Guy drops music video for rap song ‘Chubby Sexy’ Friday 7:33 PM
- A ‘Black Mirror’-inspired miniseries is coming to YouTube via Netflix Latin America Friday 5:56 PM
- Kanye West appears on David Letterman’s Netflix show to talk Trump, TMZ, and Drake Friday 3:27 PM
Trump’s off-kilter tie was all anyone could talk about at the State of the Union
It was left of center.
President Donald Trump arrived today at the Capitol to deliver his annual State of the Union address. In a release before his speech, the White House said Trump would call for a new, bipartisan plan for the country.
“The agenda I will lay out this evening is not a Republican agenda or a Democrat agenda. It is the agenda of the American people,” an excerpt read.
And yet, all everyone could talk about was his tie. Because Trump waltzed into a joint session of Congress, and his neckwear was a bit askew.
— Plotkarazzo (@Plotkarazzo) February 6, 2019
It became an obsession for Twitter.
Left Shark escaped from the Super Bowl and took over the tie.
— emptywheel (@emptywheel) February 6, 2019
no one tell him
— McKay Coppins (@mckaycoppins) February 6, 2019
Trump’s tie is draped across him like a Miss America sash
— Olivia Nuzzi (@Olivianuzzi) February 6, 2019
oh my, president trump’s tie is very, very crooked. #SOTU
— kelly cohen (@politiCOHEN_) February 6, 2019
is Trump's tie askew?
or is it…a sQAnon?
— Jason Linkins (@dceiver) February 6, 2019
Trump's tie is off kilter
— Emily C. Singer (@CahnEmily) February 6, 2019
As the speech has worn on, Trump’s tie pivoted somewhat back to center.
But for a brief 20 minutes, Trump was leaning left.
David Covucci is the Layer 8 editor at the Daily Dot, covering the intersection of politics and the web. His work has appeared in Vice, the Huffington Post, Jezebel, Gothamist, and other publications. He is particularly interested in hearing any tips you have. Reach out at [email protected]