- Hallmark pulls ad featuring lesbian couple after conservative protest 2 Years Ago
- Actress’ tweet calling out fellow passenger for not moving seats backfires 2 Years Ago
- The 10 most influential hashtags of the decade Today 6:30 AM
- A lonely grandma sought family to spend Christmas with on Craigslist Saturday 5:45 PM
- Airbnb bans white supremacists tied to Iron March forum Saturday 5:07 PM
- Did a Twitter user really get tricked into naming baby ‘Jack Ingof’? Saturday 4:46 PM
- State of emergency declared in New Orleans following ‘cyberattack’ Saturday 4:12 PM
- Video shows boy getting beat up–mom says it’s because he wore MAGA hat Saturday 3:54 PM
- Billboard changing albums chart to count YouTube streams Saturday 2:43 PM
- TikTok’s 20 most popular songs of 2019 Saturday 2:14 PM
- Greek gods memes are flooding Reddit thanks to TV reboot rumors Saturday 1:47 PM
- Anti-impeachment protesters aimlessly fumble through halls of Congress Saturday 12:54 PM
- Everything we know so far about the Xbox Series X Saturday 12:17 PM
- ASMR YouTuber Life with MaK says she was branded a ‘Nazi’ by online smear campaign Saturday 10:46 AM
- Voters duped by fake ex-Bloomberg intern’s tweet about being fired Saturday 9:47 AM
“North Korea best not make any more threats to the United States,” Trump said at his golf club in New Jersey. “They will be met with fire and fury like the world has never seen.”
Trump said North Korean Leader Kim Jong-un has been “very threatening beyond a normal statement,” presumably referring to statements the county made after the United Nations levied sanctions against Kim’s regime amid their continued testing of nuclear weapons.
North Korea threatened retaliation against the United States following the sanctions that are aimed at pressuring the secluded country into negotiating a de-escalation of its nuclear militarization.
Intensifying fears of a looming nuclear conflict with North Korea, the country has successfully created a miniaturized nuclear weapon capable of fitting inside a missile, according to a secret Defense Intelligence Agency assessment reviewed by the Washington Post. Experts estimate that North Korea has between 30 and 60 nuclear warheads.
Trump’s remarks come a week and a half after North Korea launched an intercontinental ballistic missile into the waters off Japan’s coast.
On Tuesday morning ,Trump said the United States needed to be “tough & decisive” about the “dangers posed” by the country in an early-morning tweet. On Monday, Trump chided the “fake news media” for not talking about the United Nations’ sanctions, despite numerous outlets reporting on it.
Also on Tuesday, Trump retweeted a Fox News story based on classified information about North Korea, despite Trump ordering the Justice Department to crack down on leakers within his administration.
Update 6:57pm CT, Aug. 8: North Korea has now threatened to strike Guam, an American territory that houses the Naval Base Guam and Andersen Air Force Base.
BREAKING: North Korea says it is examining its plans for attacking Guam to contain U.S. bases there.— The Associated Press (@AP) August 8, 2017
Andrew Wyrich is a politics staff writer for the Daily Dot, covering the intersection of politics and the internet. Andrew has written for USA Today, NorthJersey.com, and other newspapers and websites. His work has been recognized by the Society of the Silurians, Investigative Reporters & Editors (IRE), and the Society of Professional Journalists (SPJ).