- The first professional U.S. transgender boxer just won his first fight 1 Year Ago
- Twitch streamer apparently hits partner on video 1 Year Ago
- There’s now rehab for Fortnite addiction Today 12:07 PM
- How to watch América vs. Pumas online for free Today 11:25 AM
- ‘Target Tammy’ is the latest white woman to complain about Black people minding their own business Today 11:08 AM
- Jason Momoa reprises ‘Game of Thrones’ character on ‘SNL’ Today 10:06 AM
- How to watch the epic Copa Libertadores final online for free Today 9:35 AM
- The top fandoms of 2018 Today 8:00 AM
- How to watch Real Madrid vs. Huesca online for free Today 6:40 AM
- What is Sling TV? Today 6:15 AM
- A year of apologizing to the internet Today 6:15 AM
- How to stream NFL’s Week 14 games for free Today 6:00 AM
- John Kelly will be leaving the White House, and Twitter reacted exactly as expected Saturday 6:12 PM
- Shonen Jump manga is going (mostly) free to combat piracy Saturday 5:14 PM
- ‘Death Grips is online’ is trending, so what does it mean? Saturday 4:33 PM
Trump threatens North Korea with ‘fire and fury’ as nuclear tensions rise
Trump made his threat at his golf club in New Jersey.
“North Korea best not make any more threats to the United States,” Trump said at his golf club in New Jersey. “They will be met with fire and fury like the world has never seen.”
Trump said North Korean Leader Kim Jong-un has been “very threatening beyond a normal statement,” presumably referring to statements the county made after the United Nations levied sanctions against Kim’s regime amid their continued testing of nuclear weapons.
North Korea threatened retaliation against the United States following the sanctions that are aimed at pressuring the secluded country into negotiating a de-escalation of its nuclear militarization.
Intensifying fears of a looming nuclear conflict with North Korea, the country has successfully created a miniaturized nuclear weapon capable of fitting inside a missile, according to a secret Defense Intelligence Agency assessment reviewed by the Washington Post. Experts estimate that North Korea has between 30 and 60 nuclear warheads.
— ABC News (@ABC) August 8, 2017
Trump’s remarks come a week and a half after North Korea launched an intercontinental ballistic missile into the waters off Japan’s coast.
On Tuesday morning ,Trump said the United States needed to be “tough & decisive” about the “dangers posed” by the country in an early-morning tweet. On Monday, Trump chided the “fake news media” for not talking about the United Nations’ sanctions, despite numerous outlets reporting on it.
Also on Tuesday, Trump retweeted a Fox News story based on classified information about North Korea, despite Trump ordering the Justice Department to crack down on leakers within his administration.
Update 6:57pm CT, Aug. 8: North Korea has now threatened to strike Guam, an American territory that houses the Naval Base Guam and Andersen Air Force Base.
BREAKING: North Korea says it is examining its plans for attacking Guam to contain U.S. bases there.
— The Associated Press (@AP) August 8, 2017
Andrew Wyrich is a politics staff writer for the Daily Dot, covering the intersection of politics and the internet. Andrew has written for USA Today, NorthJersey.com, and other newspapers and websites. His work has been recognized by the Society of the Silurians, Investigative Reporters & Editors (IRE), and the Society of Professional Journalists (SPJ).