- The genius way Genius caught Google allegedly stealing lyrics Today 3:03 PM
- This bubble tea challenge is a balancing act Today 2:15 PM
- Laura Dern gifts the internet with more ‘Big Little Lies’ memes Today 1:54 PM
- The Stonks meme is back—and it’s weirder than ever Today 1:27 PM
- Video shows officer threatening to shoot pregnant Black woman in front of her children Today 1:12 PM
- Netflix’s ‘Leila’ tells a familiar dystopian horror story Today 12:37 PM
- O.J. Simpson says in Twitter video that he never slept with Kris Jenner Today 12:06 PM
- GOP commissioner jokes on Facebook about running over Trump protesters Today 11:52 AM
- 2 trans women killed within 3 months in the same neighborhood Today 11:35 AM
- DNC tries to pander with tone-deaf Beyoncé meme, fails miserably Today 10:45 AM
- Parkland grad says Harvard rescinded offer after racist comments surfaced Today 10:10 AM
- ‘The Edge of Democracy’ chronicles the downfall of Brazil’s political leaders Today 9:42 AM
- Suzanne Collins is writing a ‘Hunger Games’ prequel Today 9:31 AM
- KSI rips Logan Paul for delay in their YouTube boxing rematch Today 9:02 AM
- Trump kicks chief of staff out of Oval Office for coughing during interview Today 8:29 AM
Pro-Trump Reddit community identified the suited memester as one of its own.
A conservative redditor dressed in a full brick wall suit was invited up onstage before cheering crowds by President Donald Trump on Monday at a 2020 campaign rally in Pennsylvania.
Trump noticed the man’s suit as he spoke about the long-promised border wall, leading chants of “build the wall.”
“Can we get him up here?” the president said. “Get him up here! Look at this guy!”
The man then climbed up onstage where he stood beside Trump for a photo, video of which went viral online.
Users on the pro-Trump Reddit r/The_Donald quickly identified the suited memester as Reddit user u/MagaRuler, one of its own, and celebrated the recognition he’d received in multiple posts throughout the subreddit.
“Give that patriot another brick for his coat,” wrote one. “Brick Wall Pede made it!”
“HIGHEST HONOR ACHIEVED!!!” another exclaimed. “Congrats!”
Indeed, just hours earlier, u/MagaRuler had posted an image of himself wearing his now famous suit waiting third in line outside of the rally.
A quick scroll through u/MagaRuler’s profile reveals that he is a fairly active member of The_Donald—the biggest community of pro-Trump supporters on the internet.
The Daily Dot has discovered that several online sellers of the so-called “off the wall” suits have since sold out. So, you can expect to see the brick wall suit at many more Trump rallies.
David Gilmour is a reporter who specializes in national politics, internet culture, and technology. He previously covered civil liberties, crime, and politics for Vice.