- Twitter lifts ‘permanent’ suspension of activist Barrett Brown Monday 5:52 PM
- Billie Eilish fans fend off objectifying comments on tank top photo Monday 5:32 PM
- Groom’s mother sabotages wedding by tricking guests into wearing jorts and hoodies Monday 4:39 PM
- No one believes Bill de Blasio’s son sent him these debate prep texts Monday 3:26 PM
- Meek Mill, Jay-Z to release ‘Free Meek’ documentary on Amazon Prime Monday 3:20 PM
- 3 ways to secure your Nest cameras Monday 3:15 PM
- This Pokémon generator site is creating hilarious monsters Monday 2:48 PM
- MrBeast impersonator tricks kid into destroying his XBox Monday 12:50 PM
- This mom has the perfect nickname for her nonbinary kid Monday 12:25 PM
- Netflix tests pop-out player that will allow viewers to multitask Monday 11:44 AM
- Man allowed to sue media publishers over readers’ Facebook comments Monday 11:42 AM
- Republicans slammed for joke about ‘heavily armed militia’ at Oregon statehouse Monday 11:30 AM
- New bill wants tech companies to tell you how much your data is worth Monday 10:53 AM
- AOC has the best response to Steve King’s ‘concentration camp’ criticism Monday 10:19 AM
- Did Jake Paul and Tana Mongeau just get engaged? Monday 9:26 AM
Pro-Trump Reddit community identified the suited memester as one of its own.
A conservative redditor dressed in a full brick wall suit was invited up onstage before cheering crowds by President Donald Trump on Monday at a 2020 campaign rally in Pennsylvania.
Trump noticed the man’s suit as he spoke about the long-promised border wall, leading chants of “build the wall.”
“Can we get him up here?” the president said. “Get him up here! Look at this guy!”
The man then climbed up onstage where he stood beside Trump for a photo, video of which went viral online.
Users on the pro-Trump Reddit r/The_Donald quickly identified the suited memester as Reddit user u/MagaRuler, one of its own, and celebrated the recognition he’d received in multiple posts throughout the subreddit.
“Give that patriot another brick for his coat,” wrote one. “Brick Wall Pede made it!”
“HIGHEST HONOR ACHIEVED!!!” another exclaimed. “Congrats!”
Indeed, just hours earlier, u/MagaRuler had posted an image of himself wearing his now famous suit waiting third in line outside of the rally.
A quick scroll through u/MagaRuler’s profile reveals that he is a fairly active member of The_Donald—the biggest community of pro-Trump supporters on the internet.
The Daily Dot has discovered that several online sellers of the so-called “off the wall” suits have since sold out. So, you can expect to see the brick wall suit at many more Trump rallies.
David Gilmour is a reporter who specializes in national politics, internet culture, and technology. He previously covered civil liberties, crime, and politics for Vice.