- Han Solo shooting scene changed yet again, spawning ‘Maclunkey’ memes 6 Months Ago
- Facebook bug opened iPhone cameras while users scrolled their feeds 6 Months Ago
- Black Facebook employees say company racism has ‘gotten worse’ Today 4:01 PM
- This fish with a ‘human face’ is here to give you nightmares Today 3:28 PM
- TikTok’s piercing challenge leaves the fate of your face up to a filter Today 2:54 PM
- Soldiers with top-secret clearance say they were ordered to install a sketchy app Today 2:46 PM
- How to take your Korean beauty routine on the go Today 2:24 PM
- Disney+’s ‘Encore!’ is a love letter to high school theater Today 2:15 PM
- White tourist filmed shouting homophobic, racist slurs Today 1:31 PM
- U.K. advocacy group releases deepfakes of Corbyn, Johnson endorsing each other Today 1:07 PM
- ‘The Mandalorian’ series premiere throws ‘Star Wars’ in the middle of the wild west Today 12:35 PM
- A total guide to bone conduction headphones, plus our recommendations Today 12:34 PM
- Disney+ goes down on launch day Today 11:52 AM
- Anna Kendrick and Bill Hader shine in Disney+ Christmas movie ‘Noelle’ Today 11:52 AM
- What to do if you’ve lost your AirPods charging case Today 11:42 AM
A conservative redditor dressed in a full brick wall suit was invited up onstage before cheering crowds by President Donald Trump on Monday at a 2020 campaign rally in Pennsylvania.
Trump noticed the man’s suit as he spoke about the long-promised border wall, leading chants of “build the wall.”
“Can we get him up here?” the president said. “Get him up here! Look at this guy!”
The man then climbed up onstage where he stood beside Trump for a photo, video of which went viral online.
Users on the pro-Trump Reddit r/The_Donald quickly identified the suited memester as Reddit user u/MagaRuler, one of its own, and celebrated the recognition he’d received in multiple posts throughout the subreddit.
“Give that patriot another brick for his coat,” wrote one. “Brick Wall Pede made it!”
“HIGHEST HONOR ACHIEVED!!!” another exclaimed. “Congrats!”
Indeed, just hours earlier, u/MagaRuler had posted an image of himself wearing his now famous suit waiting third in line outside of the rally.
A quick scroll through u/MagaRuler’s profile reveals that he is a fairly active member of The_Donald—the biggest community of pro-Trump supporters on the internet.
The Daily Dot has discovered that several online sellers of the so-called “off the wall” suits have since sold out. So, you can expect to see the brick wall suit at many more Trump rallies.
David Gilmour is a reporter who specializes in national politics, internet culture, and technology.