- The ’24 hours to respond’ meme holds celebrities to a higher standard Monday 8:46 PM
- Twitter users miss the kids who walked in on their dad’s interview Monday 8:40 PM
- ‘The Thing About Men’ Twitter hashtag is full of sarcasm and misogyny Monday 7:27 PM
- This woman said Hillary Clinton losing the 2016 election gave her PTSD, and people are furious Monday 6:45 PM
- Vanessa Bryant files a lawsuit against helicopter company after deaths of Kobe and Gianna Monday 5:49 PM
- Michael Jordan cries at Kobe Bryant memorial, jokes about creating a new meme Monday 4:43 PM
- Woman’s boyfriend says it’s him or the frogs—Reddit says choose the frogs Monday 4:22 PM
- Greyhound buses will no longer allow Border Patrol checks Monday 4:04 PM
- ‘Eat Them To Defeat Them’ is oddly about vegetables—not about eating the rich Monday 3:26 PM
- Marco Rubio mocked for filming talking while driving socialism critique Monday 2:54 PM
- QAnon believer asks Trump’s campaign press secretary who Q is Monday 2:36 PM
- Octavia Spencer has discovered ‘Ma’ memes—and she can’t get enough Monday 2:09 PM
- Meet the anti-Greta Thunberg, a climate ‘skeptic’ funded by the oil industry Monday 1:12 PM
- Harvey Weinstein convicted of rape and sexual assault Monday 12:56 PM
- Senator calls Facebook’s current election disinformation efforts ‘inadequate’ in letter Monday 12:11 PM
A conservative redditor dressed in a full brick wall suit was invited up onstage before cheering crowds by President Donald Trump on Monday at a 2020 campaign rally in Pennsylvania.
Trump noticed the man’s suit as he spoke about the long-promised border wall, leading chants of “build the wall.”
“Can we get him up here?” the president said. “Get him up here! Look at this guy!”
The man then climbed up onstage where he stood beside Trump for a photo, video of which went viral online.
Users on the pro-Trump Reddit r/The_Donald quickly identified the suited memester as Reddit user u/MagaRuler, one of its own, and celebrated the recognition he’d received in multiple posts throughout the subreddit.
“Give that patriot another brick for his coat,” wrote one. “Brick Wall Pede made it!”
“HIGHEST HONOR ACHIEVED!!!” another exclaimed. “Congrats!”
Indeed, just hours earlier, u/MagaRuler had posted an image of himself wearing his now famous suit waiting third in line outside of the rally.
A quick scroll through u/MagaRuler’s profile reveals that he is a fairly active member of The_Donald—the biggest community of pro-Trump supporters on the internet.
The Daily Dot has discovered that several online sellers of the so-called “off the wall” suits have since sold out. So, you can expect to see the brick wall suit at many more Trump rallies.
David Gilmour is a reporter who specializes in national politics, internet culture, and technology.