- Review: ‘Next in Fashion’ is Netflix’s latest attempt at reality TV 2 Years Ago
- What is Byte, and can it really compete with TikTok? 2 Years Ago
- Migrants are under social media surveillance—and that’s a problem for everyone Today 6:00 AM
- Gabrielle Union deserves better from Terry Crews Tuesday 11:12 PM
- T.I. publicly apologizes to daughters after Kobe Bryant’s death Tuesday 8:46 PM
- ‘Squash the boss’: Labor union seemingly unknowingly posted furry fetish art Tuesday 8:04 PM
- TikTok user pretending to be lab technician who has contracted coronavirus Tuesday 7:08 PM
- Caroline Calloway says she plans to campaign for Bernie Sanders Tuesday 6:23 PM
- Justin Bieber, Snoop Dogg, millions of others sign petition to make Kobe Bryant new NBA logo Tuesday 5:39 PM
- No, Lana Del Rey did not cry because Billie Eilish won album of the year Tuesday 4:48 PM
- People are exposing their eyeballs to phone flash for this TikTok challenge Tuesday 3:55 PM
- Watch Mike Bloomberg try to shake a dog’s mouth Tuesday 3:41 PM
- ‘Rey who?’ is the funniest meme to emerge from ‘The Rise of Skywalker’ Tuesday 3:30 PM
- AI beat the CDC to the punch on coronavirus warnings Tuesday 3:21 PM
- What exactly is a ‘large boulder the size of a small boulder’? Tuesday 2:49 PM
The president added that he felt going in it was important to think about the “attitude” he would have during the meeting with North Korean leader Kim Jong-un on June 12.
He also said golf won’t be on the schedule during his trip to Singapore for the summit, but said he would “love to” get a few holes in during the visit.
“I think I’m very well prepared,” he told reporters. “I don’t think I have to prepare very much. It’s about attitude. It’s about willingness to get things done. I think I’ve been preparing for this summit for a long time, as has the other side. I think they’ve been preparing for this summit for a long time also. So it isn’t a question of preparation. It’s a question of whether or not people want it to happen–and we’ll know that very quickly.”
"I think I'm very well prepared," President Trump says of the upcoming North Korea summit. "I don't think I have to prepare very much. It's about attitude. It's about willingness to get things done" https://t.co/LUWVKoyfzG— CNN Politics (@CNNPolitics) June 7, 2018
The president also said he didn’t think the summit will be “just a photo op,” and expected to have further meetings in the future.
“I think its going to be a very fruitful meeting, I think it’s going to be an exciting meeting, I think we’re going to get to know a lot of people that our country never got to know,” he said.
Trump’s belief that there shouldn’t be much preparation for the upcoming meeting drew some skeptical responses online.
Wife: Don't you want to watch a few tutorials before you try to fix the toilet yourself?— Robert Maguire (@RobertMaguire_) June 7, 2018
So let's recap : Trump is about to walk into a room with a hostile foreign leader, try to negotiate having them get rid of nukes (Something that they obviously don't want to do) and he doesn't think he has to prepare much?— Timothy Collins (@wookietim) June 7, 2018
Actually, it’s about security. And nuclear weapons. And uranium enrichment and plutonium production. And ballistic missiles. And chemical and biological weapons. And conventional force balance. And, yes, about allies. And so much more than attitude. https://t.co/pEiRksKfjj— Ivo Daalder (@IvoHDaalder) June 7, 2018
Par for the course (a reference Trump will understand) https://t.co/L4nl242caq— Sian Jasper (@SianJasper) June 7, 2018
It's not like there's millions of lives on the line. WINGIN' IT!!! https://t.co/NeOqLBRsYO— James Nemec (@JamesNemec) June 7, 2018
Also Trump on everything https://t.co/xriAS8Y7WV— Marlow Stern (@MarlowNYC) June 7, 2018
What could possibly go wrong with an unhinged, uninformed, easily flattered, reckless, impulsive man totally winging it with nuclear diplomacy? https://t.co/nxC5eutDcw— Brian Klaas (@brianklaas) June 7, 2018
We are doomed, we are fu*king doomed. https://t.co/8voODGemMG— simone (@Bohemianbloom) June 7, 2018
It's. About. Attitude?— Veal deGrasse Tyson (@logic_avenger) June 7, 2018
This moron is going to get us all killed. https://t.co/4Zthq3xqvO
Maybe it’s just mindset?
Andrew Wyrich is a politics staff writer for the Daily Dot, covering the intersection of politics and the internet. Andrew has written for USA Today, NorthJersey.com, and other newspapers and websites. His work has been recognized by the Society of the Silurians, Investigative Reporters & Editors (IRE), and the Society of Professional Journalists (SPJ).