- Pornhub has a bundle now, Disney+ style Thursday 11:27 PM
- Jacob Wohl’s dad is selling horny calendars of himself for the soldiers Thursday 11:10 PM
- Amanda Palmer dragged for ‘demanding’ coverage of her music Thursday 8:33 PM
- How to get free TikTok followers without downloading a virus Thursday 7:57 PM
- Trump Jr.s ‘Triggered’ topped best-seller’s list with help of RNC Thursday 7:41 PM
- FBI raided millionaire YouTuber’s home, allegedly took everything Thursday 6:55 PM
- A fake Labour party website is spreading disinformation in Britain Thursday 6:16 PM
- Twitter bans cricket club for posting ISIS content in apparent hack Thursday 6:12 PM
- This dad remade his daughter’s NSFW photo—and people are loving it Thursday 5:51 PM
- Teen allegedly posted ‘slave for sale’ Craigslist ad featuring his Black classmate Thursday 5:28 PM
- People are crushed that this teen love story might be a TikTok ‘joke’ Thursday 4:50 PM
- Is Jacob Wohl evading his Twitter ban with Jack Burkman’s account? Thursday 2:06 PM
- Biden’s most perplexing debate answers, explained Thursday 2:03 PM
- How to stream Colts vs. Texans on Thursday Night Football Thursday 12:52 PM
- Netflix drops ‘A Christmas Prince: The Royal Baby’ trailer Thursday 12:43 PM
President Donald Trump suggested on Thursday morning that the now-infamous dossier containing the so-called “pee tape” was paid for by either Russia, the FBI, or Democrats—or a vast conspiracy perpetrated by all three parties.
Trump tweeted about the unsubstantiated dossier–which was compiled by Christopher Steele and who recently met with Special Counsel Robert Mueller–in response to several members of the firm responsible for its creation pleading the fifth during a meeting with the House Intelligence Committee.
“Workers of firm involved with the discredited and Fake Dossier take the 5th. Who paid for it, Russia, the FBI or the Dems (or all)?” Trump tweeted.
Workers of firm involved with the discredited and Fake Dossier take the 5th. Who paid for it, Russia, the FBI or the Dems (or all)?— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) October 19, 2017
The dossier alleged numerous connections between Trump’s campaign and Russia, and posits that the country compiled compromising information on Trump–including salacious details about Trump’s sex life. BuzzFeed News first published the contents of the dossier in January.
Members of Fusion GPS, the firm responsible for the dossier, were subpoenaed to appear before the House committee on Wednesday but invoked the fifth amendment, Fox News reports.
Trump’s open question about who paid for the dossier has, however, been settled. The dossier was originally intended as opposition research, CNN reported, and was first funded by Republicans during the 2016 primaries. Democrats continued to pay for it once it was clear he would be the Republican nominee.
Trump has blasted the dossier as “fake news.”
Andrew Wyrich is a politics staff writer for the Daily Dot, covering the intersection of politics and the internet. Andrew has written for USA Today, NorthJersey.com, and other newspapers and websites. His work has been recognized by the Society of the Silurians, Investigative Reporters & Editors (IRE), and the Society of Professional Journalists (SPJ).