- R. Kelly charged in Chicago with multiple counts of sex abuse Friday 7:51 PM
- Elon Musk finally hosts PewDiePie’s meme review Friday 6:27 PM
- Netflix throws ‘Umbrella Academy’-themed wedding for fans Friday 4:54 PM
- Report: Facebook collects app data on users’ body weight, menstrual cycles Friday 3:38 PM
- Amy Klobuchar reportedly ate salad with a comb, and Twitter’s got questions Friday 2:47 PM
- Nobody likes Spotify’s new update Friday 2:34 PM
- Student assaulted on campus while tabling for right-wing group Friday 1:56 PM
- Kim Kardashian West sues fashion company for using her likeness to sell clothes Friday 1:12 PM
- The Oscar-nominated movies you’ll actually want to watch again Friday 12:56 PM
- Viral graphic shows the moment Apple became the top brand Friday 12:27 PM
- Jake Paul calls out KSI for a YouTube boxing match Friday 11:31 AM
- This elementary school made students play ‘runaway slave’ Friday 11:20 AM
- ‘Captain Marvel’ is already a box office hit Friday 11:06 AM
- This ‘buff bunny vs. small bunny’ meme is here for when you’re feeling inferior Friday 10:53 AM
- Ocasio-Cortez slams trolls who come at her with ‘weak’ memes Friday 10:52 AM
President Donald Trump’s latest awkward photo moment, standing alongside world leaders and staring off into the distance at the NATO summit in Brussels, has delighted the internet.
As prime ministers and presidents of the military alliance’s countries organized themselves for a photo opportunity on Wednesday, Trump reportedly meandered onstage late with Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan.
Once there, Trump appeared isolated, glancing around for someone to speak to but largely ignored by those around him, a sign that perhaps our allies are less than happy about his recent outbursts criticizing the intergovernmental defense collective.
Since arriving at the summit, Trump has clashed with German Chancellor Angela Merkel, claiming her country as “totally controlled by Russia.”
The tragedy of the situation aside, Twitter users were quick to point fun.
This photo is the perfect metaphor. Donald Trump clearly sees the world the wrong way when compared to other NATO leaders. Is it because he’s a moron, because Putin tells him to or a mixture of both? pic.twitter.com/RRGCN0Hw70
— Adam Best (@adamcbest) July 11, 2018
Merkel, May, Macron and Trudeau, all walked ahead on their way into the NATO summit family photo this afternoon. Trump walked in with Erdogan.
— Rebecca Ballhaus (@rebeccaballhaus) July 11, 2018
Trump at NATO vs. Trump staring at the sun pic.twitter.com/ffjjUMKWYr
— Parker Molloy (@ParkerMolloy) July 11, 2018
— Bryan Druzin (@BryanDruzin) July 11, 2018
This photo from the NATO summit pretty much sums up Trump's foreign policy position towards Europe. pic.twitter.com/WodJ4Hv4ki
— Greg Sarafan, Esq (@GSarafan) July 11, 2018
More summit gems are sure to come.
David Gilmour is a reporter who specializes in national politics, internet culture, and technology. He previously covered civil liberties, crime, and politics for Vice.