- Facebook removing Instagram Story filters that mimic plastic surgery 1 Year Ago
- Mom solves ‘ghost baby’ image mystery after viral post Today 1:23 PM
- Elon Musk tweeted ‘through space’ Today 1:16 PM
- Don’t want a Fitbit? These step tracker apps got you covered Today 12:51 PM
- Protesters sing ‘Baby Shark’ to soothe frightened toddler Today 12:47 PM
- Who is Babu Frik, the adorable, teeny mechanic from ‘Rise of Skywalker’? Today 12:36 PM
- Senators push for social media data portability Today 12:11 PM
- ‘Stage Fright’ is a therapeutic lens into Jenny Slate’s weird world Today 11:34 AM
- Congressmen call on Twitter to shut down accounts for Hamas, Hezbollah Today 11:12 AM
- How to stream Lakers vs. Clippers Today 11:02 AM
- Popular Twitch streamer banned for something he didn’t even say Today 10:13 AM
- What is going on with C-3PO in the final trailer for ‘The Rise of Skywalker’? Today 10:04 AM
- Amazon’s facial recognition misidentified Boston athletes as criminals Today 9:08 AM
- Trump sparks outrage by calling impeachment ‘lynching’ Today 8:58 AM
- Rose Tico returns in the final ‘Rise of Skywalker’ trailer Today 8:44 AM
President Donald Trump’s latest awkward photo moment, standing alongside world leaders and staring off into the distance at the NATO summit in Brussels, has delighted the internet.
As prime ministers and presidents of the military alliance’s countries organized themselves for a photo opportunity on Wednesday, Trump reportedly meandered onstage late with Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan.
Once there, Trump appeared isolated, glancing around for someone to speak to but largely ignored by those around him, a sign that perhaps our allies are less than happy about his recent outbursts criticizing the intergovernmental defense collective.
Since arriving at the summit, Trump has clashed with German Chancellor Angela Merkel, claiming her country as “totally controlled by Russia.”
The tragedy of the situation aside, Twitter users were quick to point fun.
This photo is the perfect metaphor. Donald Trump clearly sees the world the wrong way when compared to other NATO leaders. Is it because he’s a moron, because Putin tells him to or a mixture of both? pic.twitter.com/RRGCN0Hw70— Adam Best (@adamcbest) July 11, 2018
Merkel, May, Macron and Trudeau, all walked ahead on their way into the NATO summit family photo this afternoon. Trump walked in with Erdogan.— Rebecca Ballhaus (@rebeccaballhaus) July 11, 2018
Trump at NATO vs. Trump staring at the sun pic.twitter.com/ffjjUMKWYr— Parker Molloy (@ParkerMolloy) July 11, 2018
This photo from the NATO summit pretty much sums up Trump's foreign policy position towards Europe. pic.twitter.com/WodJ4Hv4ki— Greg Sarafan, Esq (@GSarafan) July 11, 2018
More summit gems are sure to come.
David Gilmour is a reporter who specializes in national politics, internet culture, and technology.