- ‘Game of Thrones’ fulfilled a twisted version of its biggest prophecy 1 Month Ago
- Minions memes are more popular than the far-right on Telegram 1 Month Ago
- ‘Best of Nextdoor’ reveals the true insanity of modern life Today 7:30 AM
- How to watch ‘Jeopardy’ for free Today 7:00 AM
- There’s a water bottle hiding in the ‘Game of Thrones’ finale Today 6:46 AM
- What happens to Disney’s Loki TV series after ‘Avengers: Endgame’? Today 6:30 AM
- Brienne writing Jaime’s history is the best meme from the ‘Game of Thrones’ finale Today 6:25 AM
- How to stream live TV on PlayStation 4 Today 6:00 AM
- How to watch Disney XD online for free Today 5:30 AM
- Who survived the ‘Game of Thrones’ series finale? Sunday 10:21 PM
- Justin Bieber fans are damaging one of Iceland’s top tourist spots Sunday 1:28 PM
- James Charles drops 41-minute response video to Tati Westbrook’s accusations Sunday 1:15 PM
- Watch what happens when this Twitch streamer quits his job on camera Sunday 12:25 PM
- Men are finally sharing their abortion stories Sunday 10:58 AM
- Netflix’s ‘Maria’ is a trigger-happy B-movie Sunday 9:07 AM
Adrian Escandar/Shutterstock (Licensed)
‘Oh my God.’
Special Counsel Robert Mueller’s long-awaited report on Russian interference in the 2016 election was released today.
In advance of the report, Attorney General William Barr held a press conference attempting to exonerate the president over obstruction and collusion charges, a claim Trump himself has made again and again and again during the investigation.
However, according to Mueller’s report, the president was singing a much different tune when the investigation was launched.
From the Mueller Report:
According to the report, Trump was in a meeting with then-Attorney General Jeff Sessions, who had already recused himself from the Justice Department’s investigation, as well as White House Counsel Don McGahn.
Sessions left to take a call from Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein, who informed him of the appointment of Mueller. “[When] Sessions told the President that a Special Counsel had been appointed, the President slumped back in his chair and said, ‘Oh my God. This is terrible. This is the end of my Presidency. I’m fucked,'” the report reads.
Trump then went on to yell at Sessions for not “protecting him.”
According to the report, Trump said then that “[this] is the worst thing that ever happened to me.”
David Covucci is the Layer 8 editor at the Daily Dot, covering the intersection of politics and the web. His work has appeared in Vice, the Huffington Post, Jezebel, Gothamist, and other publications. He is particularly interested in hearing any tips you have. Reach out at [email protected]