- How to stream Manchester City vs. Bournemouth 4 Months Ago
- Catholic priest allegedly spent church money on Grindr hookups 4 Months Ago
- Nicolás Maduro’s English Twitter account was suspended with no public explanation Today 2:06 PM
- Man claims ex-girlfriend killed his dog after he broke up with her Today 1:02 PM
- What are BitTorrent downloads and how do they work? Today 12:58 PM
- ICE cuts the cord on real immigrant hotline after being featured in ‘Orange Is the New Black’ Today 10:49 AM
- The 10 best music podcasts for artist interviews and criticism in 2019 Today 10:41 AM
- How a socialist Twitch streamer landed in a feud with Dan Crenshaw Today 10:07 AM
- How to prepare for your fantasy football draft (and season) Today 9:00 AM
- Kit Harington is joining the MCU–and people are guessing which character he will play Today 8:48 AM
- How to live stream Juan Francisco Estrada vs. Dewayne Beamon Today 8:00 AM
- The 5 best free torrent clients you can download in 2019 Today 8:00 AM
- How to stream Saints vs. Jets in NFL preseason action Today 7:49 AM
- How to stream Chiefs vs. 49ers in NFL preseason action Today 7:36 AM
- How to live stream Bellator 225: Mitrione vs. Kharitonov Today 7:30 AM
Special Counsel Robert Mueller’s long-awaited report on Russian interference in the 2016 election was released today.
In advance of the report, Attorney General William Barr held a press conference attempting to exonerate the president over obstruction and collusion charges, a claim Trump himself has made again and again and again during the investigation.
However, according to Mueller’s report, the president was singing a much different tune when the investigation was launched.
From the Mueller Report:
According to the report, Trump was in a meeting with then-Attorney General Jeff Sessions, who had already recused himself from the Justice Department’s investigation, as well as White House Counsel Don McGahn.
Sessions left to take a call from Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein, who informed him of the appointment of Mueller. “[When] Sessions told the President that a Special Counsel had been appointed, the President slumped back in his chair and said, ‘Oh my God. This is terrible. This is the end of my Presidency. I’m fucked,'” the report reads.
Trump then went on to yell at Sessions for not “protecting him.”
According to the report, Trump said then that “[this] is the worst thing that ever happened to me.”
David Covucci is the Layer 8 editor at the Daily Dot, covering the intersection of politics and the web. His work has appeared in Vice, the Huffington Post, Jezebel, Gothamist, and other publications. He is particularly interested in hearing any tips you have. Reach out at [email protected]