- Ohio KKK rally met with massive counter-protest and witty signs from local businesses Saturday 5:06 PM
- Guy who said he stole drugs from MS-13 now says viral story is fake Saturday 4:07 PM
- Financial service company left 885 million private records exposed online Saturday 3:13 PM
- Sasha Obama went to prom and Twitter is delighted with the photos Saturday 2:22 PM
- Jon Voight says Trump is the greatest president since Lincoln in Twitter videos Saturday 1:31 PM
- #DeleteFacebook gains momentum after the platform refused to remove doctored Nancy Pelosi videos Saturday 11:58 AM
- ‘Game of Thrones’ failed women—and it’s a shame on its legacy Saturday 7:40 AM
- How to use Tor, the network that lets you browse the web anonymously Saturday 7:30 AM
- How to live stream Devin Haney vs. Antonio Moran on DAZN Saturday 7:00 AM
- Trump’s transphobic policies are disgusting—but they aren’t new Saturday 6:30 AM
- How to watch the Copa del Rey Final online for free Saturday 5:45 AM
- How to watch the DFB-Pokal final for free Saturday 5:30 AM
- Curvy Wife Guy drops music video for rap song ‘Chubby Sexy’ Friday 7:33 PM
- A ‘Black Mirror’-inspired miniseries is coming to YouTube via Netflix Latin America Friday 5:56 PM
- Kanye West appears on David Letterman’s Netflix show to talk Trump, TMZ, and Drake Friday 3:27 PM
Adrian Escandar/Shutterstock (Licensed)
‘Oh my God.’
Special Counsel Robert Mueller’s long-awaited report on Russian interference in the 2016 election was released today.
In advance of the report, Attorney General William Barr held a press conference attempting to exonerate the president over obstruction and collusion charges, a claim Trump himself has made again and again and again during the investigation.
However, according to Mueller’s report, the president was singing a much different tune when the investigation was launched.
From the Mueller Report:
According to the report, Trump was in a meeting with then-Attorney General Jeff Sessions, who had already recused himself from the Justice Department’s investigation, as well as White House Counsel Don McGahn.
Sessions left to take a call from Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein, who informed him of the appointment of Mueller. “[When] Sessions told the President that a Special Counsel had been appointed, the President slumped back in his chair and said, ‘Oh my God. This is terrible. This is the end of my Presidency. I’m fucked,'” the report reads.
Trump then went on to yell at Sessions for not “protecting him.”
According to the report, Trump said then that “[this] is the worst thing that ever happened to me.”
David Covucci is the Layer 8 editor at the Daily Dot, covering the intersection of politics and the web. His work has appeared in Vice, the Huffington Post, Jezebel, Gothamist, and other publications. He is particularly interested in hearing any tips you have. Reach out at [email protected]