- Boy invites kindergarten class to his adoption–and people are emotional 8 Months Ago
- Reddit links leaked trade deal documents to Russian campaign Today 10:44 AM
- How to stream Alistair Overeem vs. Jairzinho Rozenstruik Today 8:30 AM
- Amazon sends customers condoms and soap instead of Nintendo Switch Today 8:28 AM
- How to live stream Jermall Charlo vs. Dennis Hogan Today 8:00 AM
- Apple TV’s ‘Truth Be Told’ is a criminally dull drama Today 6:00 AM
- Thousands of Uber users have reported sexual assaults, company says Friday 5:40 PM
- ‘Astronomy Club’ reformats the sketch show Friday 4:58 PM
- Trump is concerned America’s toilets too weak Friday 3:53 PM
- Twitter users claim Billie Eilish is ‘over’ because she didn’t like Lady Gaga’s meat dress Friday 2:53 PM
- Nikki Haley says the Confederate flag was fine until Dylann Roof ‘hijacked’ it Friday 2:49 PM
- How emotional labor discourse spawned multiple memes Friday 2:22 PM
- Video of YouTuber Onision threatening ex-girlfriend resurfaces Friday 2:03 PM
- Marianne Williamson embraces anti-vax stance on Facebook Friday 1:58 PM
- Peloton Husband is worried memes will have ‘repercussions’ for his career Friday 1:55 PM
Special Counsel Robert Mueller’s long-awaited report on Russian interference in the 2016 election was released today.
In advance of the report, Attorney General William Barr held a press conference attempting to exonerate the president over obstruction and collusion charges, a claim Trump himself has made again and again and again during the investigation.
However, according to Mueller’s report, the president was singing a much different tune when the investigation was launched.
From the Mueller Report:
According to the report, Trump was in a meeting with then-Attorney General Jeff Sessions, who had already recused himself from the Justice Department’s investigation, as well as White House Counsel Don McGahn.
Sessions left to take a call from Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein, who informed him of the appointment of Mueller. “[When] Sessions told the President that a Special Counsel had been appointed, the President slumped back in his chair and said, ‘Oh my God. This is terrible. This is the end of my Presidency. I’m fucked,'” the report reads.
Trump then went on to yell at Sessions for not “protecting him.”
According to the report, Trump said then that “[this] is the worst thing that ever happened to me.”
David Covucci is the Layer 8 editor at the Daily Dot, covering the intersection of politics and the web. His work has appeared in Vice, the Huffington Post, Jezebel, Gothamist, and other publications. He is particularly interested in hearing any tips you have. Reach out at [email protected]