- ‘Weathering With You’ blends fantasy and realism in a magical love story Saturday 6:18 PM
- Kidnapped teen used Snapchat to get rescued Saturday 4:35 PM
- What fans do and don’t want to see in future ‘Far Cry’ installments Saturday 4:26 PM
- Aaron Carter accused of stealing lion art for merch Saturday 3:10 PM
- Instagram’s hidden like counts were inspired by a ‘Black Mirror’ episode Saturday 2:06 PM
- Student says they were expelled for tricking teacher into making inappropriate TikTok Saturday 12:26 PM
- Space Force uniforms relentlessly mocked, memed Saturday 10:52 AM
- Man flamed after admitting he called police on Target employee over a toothbrush Saturday 9:10 AM
- Netflix’s ‘Vivir Dos Veces’ searches for a last chance at first love Saturday 8:00 AM
- Camila Cabello must do more about her racist history Saturday 6:00 AM
- Instagram and Facebook are reportedly blocking queer ads Friday 8:58 PM
- Review: Tyler Perry’s ‘A Fall From Grace’ is both nonsensical and utterly predictable Friday 6:48 PM
- Is Hulu censoring the Iran episode of Anthony Bourdain’s ‘Parts Unknown’? Friday 6:05 PM
- Trump admin celebrates Michelle Obama’s birthday by proposing rollback of her signature initiative Friday 4:01 PM
- TSA apologizes after agent grabs indigenous woman’s braids, says ‘giddyup’ Friday 3:28 PM
President Donald Trump on Thursday called it “ridiculous” that teenage climate activist Greta Thunberg was named 2019 Person of the Year by Time magazine, before saying that he thinks she needed to “work on her anger management problem.”
The president made the remarks in a mocking tweet on Thursday morning. Thunberg beat out Trump and other candidates when she was named the 2019 Person of the Year on Wednesday by the magazine.
“So ridiculous. Greta must work on her Anger Management problem, then go to a good old fashioned movie with a friend! Chill Greta, Chill!” Trump wrote on Thursday.
So ridiculous. Greta must work on her Anger Management problem, then go to a good old fashioned movie with a friend! Chill Greta, Chill! https://t.co/M8ZtS8okzE— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) December 12, 2019
This isn’t the first time that Trump has mocked the teenager on Twitter.
In September, the president mocked Thunberg after she gave an emotional speech in front of the United Nations where she criticized world leaders for the effects of the climate crisis.
Trump shared a clip of Thunberg’s speech on Twitter, adding that she “seems like a very happy young girl looking forward to a bright and wonderful future. So nice to see!” Many people took the tweet as sarcastic.
In response, Thunberg changed her Twitter bio to reflect Trump’s tweet, changing it to: “A very happy young girl looking forward to a bright and wonderful future.”
On Thursday, Thunberg once again changed her Twitter bio to push back at Trump’s tweet.
As of Thursday morning, her bio reads: “A teenager working on her anger management problem. Currently chilling and watching a good old fashioned movie with a friend.”
Of course, Trump has a spotty history with Time magazine, so perhaps he was just jealous Thunberg beat him out?
Trump won the person of the year designation in 2016.
Andrew Wyrich is a politics staff writer for the Daily Dot, covering the intersection of politics and the internet. Andrew has written for USA Today, NorthJersey.com, and other newspapers and websites. His work has been recognized by the Society of the Silurians, Investigative Reporters & Editors (IRE), and the Society of Professional Journalists (SPJ).