- Cooking Mama’s return whips up a fresh batch of memes Tuesday 8:18 PM
- Influencer body-shames model, Photoshops photo of self to ‘prove point’ Tuesday 7:27 PM
- Boosie Badazz goes on transphobic rant about Dwyane Wade’s daughter Tuesday 6:34 PM
- Royal Family’s website accidentally links to porn instead of charity Tuesday 5:39 PM
- Republican senator spreads false conspiracy about coronavirus Tuesday 5:11 PM
- New DNA technology could help exonerate Black man serving life sentence Tuesday 4:24 PM
- ‘SNL’s’ Kenan Thompson to host the White House Correspondents’ Dinner Tuesday 3:58 PM
- Singer Summer Walker dragged for insensitive HIV comments Tuesday 2:39 PM
- This video of a teddy bear getting steam cleaned makes a perfect meme Tuesday 2:27 PM
- Ted Cruz goes on Twitter tirade over proposed vasectomy bill Tuesday 2:22 PM
- Billie Eilish says she’s stopped reading Instagram comments Tuesday 2:13 PM
- Christian group blames satanists for Twitter poll results Tuesday 1:41 PM
- Coronavirus has pandemic-themed video games topping charts Tuesday 12:58 PM
- Bloomberg said kids are drawn to socialism because they think it involves social media Tuesday 12:55 PM
- Jake Paul gives ill-informed advice on how to deal with anxiety Tuesday 12:25 PM
President Donald Trump‘s mainstream media accountability survey seems to have gotten off on the left foot, according to an email pushed to his PAC list on Friday.
According to several reports and accounts on Twitter, a second email regarding Trump’s survey—an incredibly biased questionnaire that asks negatively leading questions regarding the media and that was supposedly launched in the name of media accountability—urges supporters to take the survey themselves, despite the fact that the survey was pushed less than a day prior.
Yes, that’s correct. The president believes, once again, that another poll is rigged. This time, it’s a poll he’s created himself.
“The President emailed you to take the urgent Mainstream Media Accountability Survey. Since then, mainstream media outlets have viciously attacked it … and thousands of Democrats have taken it to try to sabotage the results. Which is why we need your IMMEDIATE help as one of President Trump’s biggest supporters,” the email reads.
Trump’s tweet on Friday, sent hours after the follow-up email, seemed to echo this resentful sentiment toward the media, with Trump bashing the New York Times, NBC, ABC, CBS, and CNN, calling the outlets “the enemy of the American people.”
The survey itself is obviously directed toward Trump’s supporters and the Republican party in general, with several of the questions referencing “our Party” and “our message.”
Two of the questions do mention the Democratic party—one asks if the media pits Republicans against each other to elect the other party’s members, while another insists that Republicans did not obstruct Barack Obama while mentioning that Democrats are obstructing Trump.
Such actions call into question Trump’s sincerity when he claimed he wanted to be the president for “all Americans.”
Samantha Grasso is a former IRL staff writer for the Daily Dot with a reporting emphasis on immigration. Her work has appeared on Los Angeles Magazine, Death And Taxes, Revelist, Texts From Last Night, Austin Monthly, and she has previously contributed to Texas Monthly.