- How to watch ‘Game of Thrones’ season 8, episode 2 for free Today 7:00 AM
- Gendry is making a new weapon for Arya Stark—but what is it? Today 6:30 AM
- The live-action Halo series could be Showtime’s most ambitious project yet Today 6:00 AM
- How to watch Turner Classic Movies for free Today 5:30 AM
- How to watch Real Madrid vs. Athletic Bilbao online for free Today 5:00 AM
- ‘Star Trek’s Jonathan Frakes calls out your lies with this new meme Saturday 3:46 PM
- #JusticeForLucca trends after video shows police slam Black teen’s head into pavement Saturday 3:11 PM
- The internet is shocked to learn that Goombas do, in fact, have arms Saturday 2:02 PM
- PayPal, GoFundMe cut off armed militia that detains migrants at border Saturday 1:16 PM
- Barnwood theft may be on the rise because of ‘Fixer Upper’—and fans aren’t having it Saturday 12:23 PM
- Literary Twitter calls out Dzanc Books for Islamophobic, racist novel Saturday 11:40 AM
- How to watch Crawford vs. Khan online Saturday 10:00 AM
- Beyoncé has 2 more projects coming to Netflix after ‘Homecoming’ Saturday 9:53 AM
- How to watch Danny Garcia vs. Adrian Granados for free Saturday 9:00 AM
- The ‘Feeling Cute Challenge’ turns ugly after correctional officers abuse it Saturday 7:30 AM
Donald Trump is upset that Democrats are taking his biased survey on media bias
Photo via Gage Skidmore/Flickr (CC-BY-SA)
The mainstream media shakedown continues.
President Donald Trump‘s mainstream media accountability survey seems to have gotten off on the left foot, according to an email pushed to his PAC list on Friday.
According to several reports and accounts on Twitter, a second email regarding Trump’s survey—an incredibly biased questionnaire that asks negatively leading questions regarding the media and that was supposedly launched in the name of media accountability—urges supporters to take the survey themselves, despite the fact that the survey was pushed less than a day prior.
Yes, that’s correct. The president believes, once again, that another poll is rigged. This time, it’s a poll he’s created himself.
“The President emailed you to take the urgent Mainstream Media Accountability Survey. Since then, mainstream media outlets have viciously attacked it … and thousands of Democrats have taken it to try to sabotage the results. Which is why we need your IMMEDIATE help as one of President Trump’s biggest supporters,” the email reads.
Trump’s tweet on Friday, sent hours after the follow-up email, seemed to echo this resentful sentiment toward the media, with Trump bashing the New York Times, NBC, ABC, CBS, and CNN, calling the outlets “the enemy of the American people.”
The survey itself is obviously directed toward Trump’s supporters and the Republican party in general, with several of the questions referencing “our Party” and “our message.”
Two of the questions do mention the Democratic party—one asks if the media pits Republicans against each other to elect the other party’s members, while another insists that Republicans did not obstruct Barack Obama while mentioning that Democrats are obstructing Trump.
Such actions call into question Trump’s sincerity when he claimed he wanted to be the president for “all Americans.”
Samantha Grasso is a former IRL staff writer for the Daily Dot with a reporting emphasis on immigration. Her work has appeared on Los Angeles Magazine, Death And Taxes, Revelist, Texts From Last Night, Austin Monthly, and she has previously contributed to Texas Monthly.