- Guy who runs Trump Organization Twitter account caught hyping up own tweet Today 4:51 PM
- People found out how tall Olaf is–and now ‘Frozen’ is terrifying Today 3:41 PM
- Rapper Juice WRLD dead at 21 Today 3:02 PM
- Embody Andrew Yang, fight other presidential candidates in video game Today 2:33 PM
- Ariana Grande spoke with TikTok teen who looks exactly like her Today 1:00 PM
- Beyoncé accused of paying dancers ‘low rates’ Today 11:58 AM
- Timmy Thick blasted for saying the N-word in comeback video Today 9:11 AM
- Netflix’s ‘The Confession Killer’ is a devastating and well-built portrait of a con artist Today 8:00 AM
- Swipe This! I’m ashamed to tell anyone about my online shopping habit Today 6:00 AM
- UPS facing backlash for thanking police after employee killed in shootout Saturday 5:02 PM
- Sanders campaign fires staffer after anti-Semitic, homophobic tweets surface Saturday 3:13 PM
- Brother Nature was attacked, says everyone just watched with phones out Saturday 2:45 PM
- Ryan Reynolds’ gin company hires Peloton wife for ad Saturday 1:24 PM
- Ex-vegan YouTuber accused of fraud after following meat-only diet Saturday 1:11 PM
- The 15 best Disney+ hidden gems and deep cuts Saturday 12:23 PM
President Donald Trump used his Twitter account to lash out at the New York Times on Sunday morning over a report that he’s looking for additional legal help in the Mueller investigation.
According to the New York Times, Trump met with well-known Washington D.C. attorney Emmet T. Flood last week at the White House. Flood previously represented former President Bill Clinton during Clinton’s impeachment proceedings, as well as providing counsel for George W. Bush and Dick Cheney while they were in office.
Trump denied that he was dissatisfied with his legal team, repeating claims that there was “no collusion” with Russia in the 2016 election. Mueller’s investigation into whether the Trump campaign had anything to do with Russian interference in the election and Trump’s possible obstruction of justice remains ongoing.
The Failing New York Times purposely wrote a false story stating that I am unhappy with my legal team on the Russia case and am going to add another lawyer to help out. Wrong. I am VERY happy with my lawyers, John Dowd, Ty Cobb and Jay Sekulow. They are doing a great job and.....— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) March 11, 2018
...have shown conclusively that there was no Collusion with Russia..just excuse for losing. The only Collusion was that done by the DNC, the Democrats and Crooked Hillary. The writer of the story, Maggie Haberman, a Hillary flunky, knows nothing about me and is not given access.— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) March 11, 2018
Flood previously turned down a chance to represent Trump “as recently as the summer,” according to the New York Times. Reporter Maggie Haberman, who was personally called out by the president, responded to Trump’s tweets by suggesting they could indicate that Flood had decided against joining Trump’s legal team.
....which raises possibility Flood has turned him down https://t.co/UmnZMLogAf— Maggie Haberman (@maggieNYT) March 11, 2018
Sarah Weber is the former editor of Daily Dot’s Parsec section, where she wrote about geek culture. She previously worked as a reporter and editor at community newspapers in the Midwest and was recognized by the Ohio Associated Press for news reporting.